Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXX: MOAR sandpaper, guts & glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
There's no LHS that can shoot like this on this team. He needs to be on the PP. I'd honestly like him there over Kakko, Laf and Buch.

thank you @Loffen

Reactions: Cag29

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
And whoever is on it. Keep it simple.shoot it on net screen the goalie crash the net for a rebound.
For some reason they only aim for legs and with absolutely zero puck luck that ain’t gonna cut it. They really need to practice shooting and shooting at the right time. I’m starting to wonder if anyone pays attention to the tapes. The Strome not paying attention during the timeout is a tell. Quinn has to smack him in the shoulder to get up off the bench freaking pay attention to what Oliver was drawing up .....

mti79

May 11, 2007
Agreed, we should call up Tarmo Reunanen, don't have much to lose.

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Reunanen - Hajek or Bitetto

Well we need to do something without Trouba for the next month or so...

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Smith
Tarmo/Hajek/JJ/Bitteto....

No idea what they'll do. Do we have any other right handed defenseman?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Well we need to do something without Trouba for the next month or so...

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Smith
Tarmo/Hajek/JJ/Bitteto....

No idea what they'll do. Do we have any other right handed defenseman?
JR- wait…no... that's DeAngelo's music!
giphy.gif

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I think we would all like to see Reunanen called up a this point. But unclear if and when that'll happen.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
It's more like:

"King! Kiiing!!! My god...that's....that's Tony DeAngelo's Music!"
I’d venture it to be more like: “It’s Tony DeAngelo! Go get em baby! But who’s side is he on? Wait a minute! DeAngelo just scored on Georgiev! He’s the 6th man! A career of a lifetime down the drain, I hope you like it Tony.”

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Rangers are on track for another top pick in the draft. 11 points at the 1/4 pole of the season.

The team looks awful. Panarin was brilliant last season and he covered up the flaws. Mika was terrific last season.

31 Thoughts: Tavares, Gagner blazing a trail in minor hockey involvement

There will be under-18 WJC held in Plano, Texas in April.

Invite all of the prospects to play in the draft camp/scouting combine scrimmages/games. The NFL has the Senior Bowl and the NBA has various scouting combines. I read MLB is considering holding a showcase tournament for the top players in the 2021 draft. The NHL scouts want the NHL to do something similar.

Don't be such a stranger

Reactions: Daves a mess

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So Trouba is out 6 weeks. Zib is a ghost. Chytil’s not back yet. DeAngelo is banished. Most of our expected offensive contributors are under performing. Hopefully when Panarin returns he looks 100% because otherwise we’re in the lottery again. Missing Trouba for a month or more is going to hurt a lot.

Reactions: mas0764

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
So Trouba is out 6 weeks. Zib is a ghost. Chytil’s not back yet. DeAngelo is banished. Most of our expected offensive contributors are under performing. Hopefully when Panarin returns he looks 100% because otherwise we’re in the lottery again. Missing Trouba for a month or more is going to hurt a lot.

Can we get a center in this draft??

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sucks we couldnt figure out a deal for Puljujarvi. That kid is a monster. Dangerous every time he is on the ice. Drives the net. Big body. Great shot. Of course yes, McDavid definitely plays a factor in opening the ice for him but the kid has talent.

Can only hope Kakko is at that point in a year. He is trending in that direction already.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sucks we couldnt figure out a deal for Puljujarvi. That kid is a monster. Dangerous every time he is on the ice. Drives the net. Big body. Great shot. Of course yes, McDavid definitely plays a factor in opening the ice for him but the kid has talent.

Can only hope Kakko is at that point in a year. He is trending in that direction already.

That division also plays a factor.

McDavid is so f***ing good though. He deserves better and Edmonton deserves Quinn.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I don't think I realised that Seattle had the 2nd pick.
Assuming it stays there, do you think they'd be interested in trading it for some immediate skill and success, and if so do we have a package we could put together to make it worth their while?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think I realised that Seattle had the 2nd pick.
Assuming it stays there, do you think they'd be interested in trading it for some immediate skill and success, and if so do we have a package we could put together to make it worth their while?

They don't

Seattle, like Vegas in 2017, gets the 3rd overall pick pre-lottery.

Reactions: mike14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->