Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2021 Offseason) - “Simple Jack”, "Will over Skill", "Drury in a Hurry"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
No, this isn't speculation. You are wrong.
You list your occupation as a lawyer....a lawyer should know that if you have no factual info to back anything up....it's still speculation . Since it has not yet happened ....I'm unsure of how I can be wrong ? Do people actually hire you as a lawyer ?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Oh I agree they do, but the cost would be too significant to make it worth while for the Rangers.

Adam Fox would be the first guy asked for with plenty other pieces attached, including Laf, Kakko, Miller.

Not big into becoming the New York McDavids. It's very clear you can't field a winning roster in this league anymore that's just built around 2 superstars.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Who were the GM's that said they were called by Gorton in trade talks before they signed him ? Most internet posters are not privy to that info from GM's .

They've been putting out feelers for the past 3 seasons and not once held him in future plans with the team once they realized his characteristics after moving for him.

This I know through personal relationships with the front office. I normally don't comment on them or frankly ask about the team to my connections, but it was such an issue that when the incident with Georgiev happened obviously the whole lead up was a talking point.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Over is a Putin supporter isn't he?

I'm not so sure that will go over well with Artemi.
Dear God...leave him in Washington then ! Last thing we need is somebody else to send Panarin on another 3 week mid Winter vacation and deter us from making the playoffs again . The next time we could be in the Finals and a Russian national drives another spike into our offense once again and he vanishes for 3 weeks . What's to stop it ? It happened in 94 in the Finals with Keenan and the leak from the Wings camp .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
They've been putting out feelers for the past 3 seasons and not once held him in future plans with the team once they realized his characteristics after moving for him.

This I know through personal relationships with the front office. I normally don't comment on them or frankly ask about the team to my connections, but it was such an issue that when the incident with Georgiev happened obviously the whole lead up was a talking point.
Oh..trying for 3 years to trade him...LMAO...it keeps getting better . So...they basically were trying to trade him before he even arrived from the Coyotes and yet signed him to two deals in 3 years. Were you and Gorton close ?

Reactions: Off Sides

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have mixed feelings.

I mentioned this months ago and of course everyone thought it was silly. Definitely a fit.

That being said, this guy is bordering on Tom Wilson thuggery at this point and I don't know if I want that.
I brought up a proposal of Zibanejad for Kadri & Newhook, both Rangers fan in the Roster thread and Avs fans on the Trade board liked it. That last hit though gives me reservations like you have, it seems he get suspended every single season in the playoffs. We're already a team that looks to be built for the regular season, Kadri is specifically the kind of guy we'd need in the playoffs. What good is that if he's always suspended? On top of that, his antics might result in opposing teams targeting our young skilled players for revenge. I would like Kadri on the team, but he seems more dirty than he is tough.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I brought up a proposal of Zibanejad for Kadri & Newhook, both Rangers fan in the Roster thread and Avs fans on the Trade board liked it. That last hit though gives me reservations like you have, it seems he get suspended every single season in the playoffs. We're already a team that looks to be built for the regular season, Kadri is specifically the kind of guy we'd need in the playoffs. What good is that if he's always suspended? On top of that, his antics might result in opposing teams targeting our young skilled players for revenge. I would like Kadri on the team, but he seems more dirty than he is tough.
Right, his penalties and suspensions hurt the team a lot, and he doesn't seem able to turn it off. Also, like you said, he's more dirty than anything, and I think it's ok for fans to not want dirty players. It's kind of embarrassing. People will think what they want about the Rangers, and that's fine, but I want to at least be able to say we're an honest team.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Kadri has no control over himself. No point trading for him, it will just bite the team in the butt.

Reactions: leetch99

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
You list your occupation as a lawyer....a lawyer should know that if you have no factual info to back anything up....it's still speculation . Since it has not yet happened ....I'm unsure of how I can be wrong ? Do people actually hire you as a lawyer ?
I do have factual info - everything that has been said by the Penguins ownership. I’m also using this thing we lawyers use called Logic. Your Crosby idea is wrong and bad. They are not even rebuilding, they fired one GM based on an ownership mandate to compete and they just finished at the top of the conference. Crosby is NEVER getting traded the the Rangers. Never ever ever. You’re wrong, move on from it.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
If I were to rank the players in the league least likely to be traded, Crosby would be in my top 5 with Mackinnon, Matthews, Vasilevskiy, Panarin.

Reactions: UnSandvich

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kadri is interesting because hes the exact type of player that could use at center. The problem is obviously hes prone to extremely dirty hits at the worst possible times. If Colorado is trying to move him he should come reasonably cheap considering he may have worn out his welcome, hes got 1 year left, and the Avs are in a bit of a expansion crunch.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Right, his penalties and suspensions hurt the team a lot, and he doesn't seem able to turn it off. Also, like you said, he's more dirty than anything, and I think it's ok for fans to not want dirty players. It's kind of embarrassing. People will think what they want about the Rangers, and that's fine, but I want to at least be able to say we're an honest team.
I'm on the more traditionalist/toffness side of the hockey fan spectrum but Kadri is veering into Matt Cooke territory. I loved Brendan Lemieux, Avery, the Tkachuks. But they're more of pests, they go out there with the intent of getting under opponents skins, not to injure them. I'd be happy with adding a pest in someone like Trent Frederic, would be a hell of an upgrade over Howden in the bottom six center role. And then a two way vet who is tough. And Zadorov on the back end.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If I had my wish, the Rangers would be looking at someone more like Boone Jenner over Kadri. I also think the cost would be less.

The cost would be less because he is worse and makes similar amount of money. He's also rather terrible defensively.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If I had my wish, the Rangers would be looking at someone more like Boone Jenner over Kadri. I also think the cost would be less.
The cost would be less but that is because Kadri is a better player. He could reliably fit as the 2nd line center, when he's on the ice, while Jenner can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad