Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2021 Offseason) - “Simple Jack”, "Will over Skill", "Drury in a Hurry"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
raw

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
We need 2 more years and at least 4 playoff series to be considered a potential contender. I like retreads..Getzlaf etc...No to blow Jack...

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Coyotes throwing their hat in the ring for Eichel. Wonder what they're putting together in an offer?

Last edited:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Coyotes throwing their hat in the ring for Eichel. Wonder what their putting together in an offer?
Arizona can throw their hat whenever they want, they ain’t throwing it on a 10 million dollar a year player. Never happening, especially not in the COVID revenue era for a team that already the least valuable of the bunch.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
So the other thread closed before I could respond to @GAGLine.

What exactly to you expect David Poile to say about Ekholm? Yeah, we’re shopping him in the middle of a playoff run. He’s short term? C’mon man.

Poile has to protect his players. He’s not saying or doing anything that will upset a team that was on a run to the playoffs. He also knows that he is headed to expansion draft hell if he only protects four forwards. He tried that last time and lost one of the most important players on his team.

IF Ekholm is available (big IF) the Rangers should definitely be in play. They desperately need another veteran stud on defense. Ekholm would come in on a value contract that gives the young defensemen time to simmer in Hartford. He would also be an excellent mentor to Lundkvist. He could very well be here additional years.

The Rangers have more prospects than they have places to slot them in the lineup and a real need to take a step forward next year.
The article you referenced talked about a team possibly having two playoff runs with Ekholm. Big difference this off season. I’ll pay the price and bring in a player that would definitely make a difference in the team.

Go big or go home.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Coyotes throwing their hat in the ring for Eichel. Wonder what their putting together in an offer?
rather go after someone like Barkov Landeskog or someone with no drama and more grit and passion in their game. Eichel gives me Rick Nash vibes ugh but at least Nash does not bitch but did request a trade from the Jackets so maybe they do have some similarities

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bobbop- I see Josi and Ellis have to be protected, but who is the third guy if not Ekholm? Fabbro?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I would love to see the Rangers use their 7th Fwd & 3rd Def protection slots to add guys from teams that would otherwise lose them for nothing. Would be a great way to upgrade the bottom of the roster that killed them so many times this year

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
would Andrew Colgiano be a good pickup for Center ice depth? he is now 33 but was always a good skater and solid 2 way forward. would help this team

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So the other thread closed before I could respond to @GAGLine.

What exactly to you expect David Poile to say about Ekholm? Yeah, we’re shopping him in the middle of a playoff run. He’s short term? C’mon man.

Poile has to protect his players. He’s not saying or doing anything that will upset a team that was on a run to the playoffs. He also knows that he is headed to expansion draft hell if he only protects four forwards. He tried that last time and lost one of the most important players on his team.

IF Ekholm is available (big IF) the Rangers should definitely be in play. They desperately need another veteran stud on defense. Ekholm would come in on a value contract that gives the young defensemen time to simmer in Hartford. He would also be an excellent mentor to Lundkvist. He could very well be here additional years.

The Rangers have more prospects than they have places to slot them in the lineup and a real need to take a step forward next year.
The article you referenced talked about a team possibly having two playoff runs with Ekholm. Big difference this off season. I’ll pay the price and bring in a player that would definitely make a difference in the team.

Go big or go home.

Ekholm would be a great add as long as they can sign him. Not only a vet D but also a damn good two way one who is physical

wow looking at Nashville stats they need some offense. 21st in goals for

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad