Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2021 Offseason) - “Simple Jack”, "Will over Skill", "Drury in a Hurry"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
We don't need a center anyway. Zibanejad, Strome, Chytil, Rooney is perfectly fine. We need to avoid the terrible players (like Howden and Hajek) who kill the team when they are on the ice. I was not a fan of Strome prior to this year and I thought he was much better this year. For once, he was able to contribute when Panarin was out and, like it or not, the PP with him on the right side has been very good. He also calmed down a bit with the dumb penalties.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
We don't need a center anyway. Zibanejad, Strome, Chytil, Rooney is perfectly fine. We need to avoid the terrible players (like Howden and Hajek) who kill the team when they are on the ice. I was not a fan of Strome prior to this year and I thought he was much better this year. For once, he was able to contribute when Panarin was out and, like it or not, the PP with him on the right side has been very good. He also calmed down a bit with the dumb penalties.
If this is not a parody, I agree.
If no C’s are moved this offseason, I have no issue running those 4 out each game.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
How much is Kadri’s effectiveness going to be limited due to the fact that he’s one bad judgment call away from a 20 game suspension at this point? Like the idea but I don’t think it would work out.

Reactions: jay from jersey

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Finding someone new is just a flawed and wastes time of prime assets if it doesn't work. You have to catch lightning in a bottle someone special as a rookie NHL coach with no time in the league at any level and have that person be exceptional. They don't have the respect of the refs or the players. They don't have years of learning opposing players tendencies and utilizing that info.

At the least, with veteran coaches, like players, they learn and hone there craft over time. Well, some do. Even some of the legendary coaches bounced around a bit before they got on a team with the right chemistry to make something happen.

Every year there are 31 coaches on 31 teams that didn't work out. Its as much of a crap shoot and educated guess as the draft. Experience and understanding win more often than not.
Does this clown remember the Bryan Trottier experiment ?

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Adam Fox would be the first guy asked for with plenty other pieces attached, including Laf, Kakko, Miller.

Not big into becoming the New York McDavids. It's very clear you can't field a winning roster in this league anymore that's just built around 2 superstars.
Why ask for Fox? He 100% would force his way out of Edmonton at first chance.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Edmonton is going to look to beef their roster up around Drai and McDavid, not trade one or both of them to fill out their roster unless they ask for a trade.

Buch would probably be of much interest to them.

They should trade Drail for 4-5 foundational pieces. Holloway and Broberg are nice but they are 2 years away from making an impact. Bouchard is too much sizzle not enough steak for my taste. They sorely need a number 1 D. I don’t care how inflated barries stats are he sucks.
Mistake 1 was not doing everything in their power to get Pietrangelo. Just having a guy like that on your top pair calms down the rest of the D.
Holland is in for a rough road because even with those 2 horses there, nobody wants to sign in EDM as a UFA. I’m willing to bet they would trade their first for a player like Buch in a heartbeat. They need to spread out the scoring threats a bit. But mainly, their troubles lie on the blue line and between the pipes.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
How much is Kadri’s effectiveness going to be limited due to the fact that he’s one bad judgment call away from a 20 game suspension at this point? Like the idea but I don’t think it would work out.
Especially on the big stage in NY. We’re already scrutinized enough by the zebras.
We saw what happened with Lemieux. He played too passive/ timid and became ineffective because he didn’t want to take penalties. I think the same thing would happen with Kadri here

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Adam Fox would be the first guy asked for with plenty other pieces attached, including Laf, Kakko, Miller.

Not big into becoming the New York McDavids. It's very clear you can't field a winning roster in this league anymore that's just built around 2 superstars.
Pens did a pretty good job of it for a long time. Problem is if your defense is terrible and your goaltending is average to below average, you ain’t going very far

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I'm on the more traditionalist/toffness side of the hockey fan spectrum but Kadri is veering into Matt Cooke territory. I loved Brendan Lemieux, Avery, the Tkachuks. But they're more of pests, they go out there with the intent of getting under opponents skins, not to injure them. I'd be happy with adding a pest in someone like Trent Frederic, would be a hell of an upgrade over Howden in the bottom six center role. And then a two way vet who is tough. And Zadorov on the back end.
The sad part is they were after him for like 2 years. Imagine if we got him and lindgren in the Nash deal. That would have been epic

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Sundqvist could be someone the Blues move if they decide they aren’t protecting him from Seattle. Barbashev too, for that matter.
There’s a lot of interesting guys out there for middle/ bottom 6 duty. We need to find our version of Bryan Rust. Guy that can do it all so to speak

Reactions: McRanger92

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
We're looking for a guy who isn't too dirty, but will be dirty after Tom Wilson does us dirty.

The issue with Kadri is he's proactively dirty, and we need him to be more of a reactively dirty guy.

Which shoots to shit the idea you can prevent dirty behavior with other morons on your team, but it sure as shit makes me feel good

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Especially on the big stage in NY. We’re already scrutinized enough by the zebras.
We saw what happened with Lemieux. He played too passive/ timid and became ineffective because he didn’t want to take penalties. I think the same thing would happen with Kadri here
Zebras or coaching? Are we really blaming the refs for muzzling our pests?

Reactions: leetch99

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Zebras or coaching? Are we really blaming the refs for muzzling our pests?
Bit of both. But I don’t know how you can dispute that Lemieux just gets some calls against him on reputation alone. If another player did some of the same things I think the whistles stay out of their mouths. It’s followed him for some time now

Reactions: Synergy27

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
And Quinn lost all respect from me for not optimizing lines then sticking with that, including Boo.
100% agree.

Quinn basically ruined Boo’s career. I realize he has a shitty shot. Not great with the puck. Mediocre passer. And questionable instincts and all around ability.

That’s the thing with Synergy. Synergy doesn’t care about those aspects of a players game.

If Quinn gave Boo that opportunity he’d be a freaking superstar right now.
MQ5YP5.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
100% agree.

Quinn basically ruined Boo’s career. I realize he has a shitty shot. Not great with the puck. Mediocre passer. And questionable instincts and all around ability.

That’s the thing with Synergy. Synergy doesn’t care about those aspects of a players game.

If Quinn gave Boo that opportunity he’d be a freaking superstar right now.
MQ5YP5.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The second to last #24 ever worn by a Ranger :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad