Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2019/2020) - DeAngelo and Lemieux Left

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, the quote was pretty clear.

I don't doubt that there is a tinge of anger in his comments. It's only natural when someone dumps you. But, as a pro athlete and someone in the media spotlight,he is experienced enough to use his words in measured way and take blame on himself too.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I don't doubt that there is a tinge of anger in his comments. It's only natural when someone dumps you. But, as a pro athlete and someone in the media spotlight,he is experienced enough to use his words in measured way and take blame on himself too.
....did he not?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The rental market will be thin this season.

Backstrom is staying in Washington.

Hall is a major question mark. If I rooted for the Devils, I would be concerned because it is August 6 and Hall's future with the franchise is up in the air. He would bring back a decent return as a rental. He will be a rental. The Devils aren't getting back young roster players in return.

Granlund is unsigned. Craig Smith is also a free agent. Nashville will be a playoff team again.

Koivu will be 37. The Wild should be a bad team this season. What's Koivu worth?

The Panthers should be very good this season. They hold onto Hoffman and Dadonov. There had been speculation about Hoffman being moved to free up money but they didn't sign Panarin.

Schenn was a player the Blues tried to trade before they went from went worst to the Stanley Cup in a period of 6 months. The Blues will be a good team. They probably keep him. The Blues did trade Shattenkirk as a rental to the Caps and they still made the playoffs and won a playoff round that season.

Simmonds? He was a rental last season. He was awful last season. The Devils signed him to a one year contract.

The Penguins will need Galchenyuk and they should be a playoff again.

Toffoli. The Kings will suck this season. Toffoli was awful last season.

The Bruins should be a playoff team. They need Coyle.

Sheary and Vesey in Buffalo.

Pageau in Ottawa should be able to help a playoff team.

Erik Huala. Carolina should be good again.

Kreider will be the best or 2nd best forward rental option in February. Namestnikov will be a valuable rental too. Teams looked Namestnikov last year at the deadline but he had another season left at $4M.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Hall is a major question mark. If I rooted for the Devils, I would be concerned because it is August 6 and Hall's future with the franchise is up in the air. He would bring back a decent return as a rental. He will be a rental. The Devils aren't getting back young roster players in return.

Granlund is unsigned. Craig Smith is also a free agent. Nashville will be a playoff team again.

Koivu will be 37. The Wild should be a bad team this season. What's Koivu worth?

The Panthers should be very good this season. They hold onto Hoffman and Dadonov. There had been speculation about Hoffman being moved to free up money but they didn't sign Panarin.

Schenn was a player the Blues tried to trade before they went from went worst to the Stanley Cup in a period of 6 months. The Blues will be a good team. They probably keep him. The Blues did trade Shattenkirk as a rental to the Caps and they still made the playoffs and won a playoff round that season.

Simmonds? He was a rental last season. He was awful last season. The Devils signed him to a one year contract.

Kreider will be the best or 2nd best forward rental option in February. Namestnikov will be a valuable rental too. Teams looked Namestnikov last year at the deadline but he had another season left at $4M.

Hence why JG did the right thing by not selling Kreider for 50 cents on the dollar and probably why he had no other recourse than to buy out Shatty. Have no doubt his value will be higher at the TDL then it has been the last month or so. Don't know what to think of Names and his value unless he has a terrific first half of the upcoming season.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hence why JG did the right thing by not selling Kreider for 50 cents on the dollar and probably why he had no other recourse than to buy out Shatty. Have no doubt his value will be higher at the TDL then it has been the last month or so. Don't know what to think of Names and his value unless he has a terrific first half of the upcoming season.

Names is Vesey with a 2 way game... Easily pulls in a 2nd/3rd rounder no problem.

Would love to replace the 2020 picks that we traded for fox.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Rangers did good here. They secured talent to be good this year and next, and they still have several pieces they can sell.

Kreider - Late 1st round pick and prospect at the deadline
Namestnikov - 3rd round pick
Fast - 3rd-4th round pick
Strome - 2nd round pick if he puts up another high shooting percentage year

Reactions: egelband

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Here’s a proposal:
Kreider to FLA for Borgstrom + *Conditional 2nd in 2020
Becomes a 1st if Kreider resigns

If I’m Florida I wouldn’t even consider trading Borgstrom for Kreider straight up. Kid as top 6 C written all over him, sooner rather than later. I think there’s a good chance he’s as valuable as Kreider this season.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One thing I do anticipate in training camp is that multiple young left handers will outperform Marc Staal, but only one will be kept up and Staal will remain in the starting 6, pissing most people off immensely.

The Rykov/Hajek/Lindgren competition will be fun. Got all three at the 2018 deadline, there were tons of arguments about where to rank each of them relative to each other, and now they get to duke it out for one NHL spot.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
One thing I do anticipate in training camp is that multiple young left handers will outperform Marc Staal, but only one will be kept up and Staal will remain in the starting 6, pissing most people off immensely.

The Rykov/Hajek/Lindgren competition will be fun. Got all three at the 2018 deadline, there were tons of arguments about where to rank each of them relative to each other, and now they get to duke it out for one NHL spot.

That would be a good poll. Rykov/Hajek/Lindgren...Who do you take to round out the 6th d position? we all know Staal is playing in the top 4 with ADA or Fox.
I go with Hajek but honestly Rykov and Lindgren could be ready for that spot as well. I guess good decisions for Quinn and Company to have.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Probably the most exciting I've ever been following one of the worst seasons in quite a while (record wise at least). From a youth movement perspective the first time seeing Kakko, Kravtsov, Fox, Rykov, possibly Shestyorkin and seeing the development of Lias, Chytil, Howden, Hajek, Lindgren, Georgie, Lemieux, ADA, etc. I mean you're talking about at least 12-13 rookies or pretty much rookies contributing to this roster.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One thing I do anticipate in training camp is that multiple young left handers will outperform Marc Staal, but only one will be kept up and Staal will remain in the starting 6, pissing most people off immensely..
I think that Stall's playing time needs to be reduced. There is just no reason for him to dress for a full season. If Henke could be talked to about a job sharing program that he had with Georgiev, so too can Staal. This would enable both Hajek and Lindgren to get ample playing time.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Probably the most exciting I've ever been following one of the worst seasons in quite a while (record wise at least). From a youth movement perspective the first time seeing Kakko, Kravtsov, Fox, Rykov, possibly Shestyorkin and seeing the development of Lias, Chytil, Howden, Hajek, Lindgren, Georgie, Lemieux, ADA, etc. I mean you're talking about at least 12-13 rookies or pretty much rookies contributing to this roster.

I'm excited about this, as well. They will be the Bluebloods 2.0.

Reactions: Rongomania and bl02

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I'm actually hopeful that Rykov grabs that spot because I feel like if he's buried in Hartford all year he will leave, and I think he can be a top 4 defenseman. I would prefer he and Hajek both get a lot of playing time this season with the Rangers. Lindgren is meh to me.

i believe rykov can't go back this year...and even if he doesn't make the team out of camp I'd be that all 3 guys play atleast 15-20 games this year

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think that Stall's playing time needs to be reduced. There is just no reason for him to dress for a full season. If Henke could be talked to about a job sharing program that he had with Georgiev, so too can Staal. This would enable both Hajek and Lindgren to get ample playing time.

I don't see NYR dressing three rookies on defense at a time. Two between Fox and a lefty is the likely outcome, and the two won't be played together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad