Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2019/2020) - DeAngelo and Lemieux Left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
I'd be pissed off too. I finally get to play for my favorite team since childhood, but the time/contract I spent there will live on in infamy for a long time.

Reactions: Kaapo Feel

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
why is this even a thing ? we made a cap decision and he found a new team.

didn't work out. hes now on a cup contender, hes getting paid by us and by tampa.

he ll be fine. i get that hes upset but for him to not understand why he was bought out would be a shock. this is a business. no reason to be pissed at the nyr.

good luck to him in tampa. time to move on.

Reactions: bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Eh, professional athletes are typically ultra-competitive. I'm sure he's pissed - at himself, at the scenario, etc. and wants to prove everyone wrong. That's the nature of these things.

Some pull it off. Other guys keep declining despite being pissed off. That's also the nature of these things.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
giphy.gif

Reactions: TheTakedown

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Eh, he is pissed...at himself and just the way the situation played out as well. Understandable.

As far as a chip on his shoulder...it's a BS thing that people say and means nothing in the end. If he ends up being successful in TB, it is because he's healthy and has talent around him. If it's because he's got a chip then what does that say about his effort here? He should have had that chip after Trotz bagged on him after his substandard run with the Caps.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Really sick of every player we trade or cut ending up in a place where they can hurt us

Every single time

This is only a problem if you think he can actually “hurt” us. Shattenkirk sucked here. I’m fine with him sucking in TB as well. I won’t be fine with him finding his pre Caps form there.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Eh, professional athletes are typically ultra-competitive. I'm sure he's pissed - at himself, at the scenario, etc. and wants to prove everyone wrong. That's the nature of these things.

Some pull it off. Other guys keep declining despite being pissed off. That's all the nature of these things.

Was thinking the same thing.

I didnt get the feeling that he was pissed with the Rangers more than the situation.

Mentioned injuries to start and change of direction.

Wish him all the best

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
We saw Shattenkirk's buyout a mile away. And in all that time the possibility, the extreme likeliness in all honesty, of him having negative feelings toward the rangers escaped some people?

He was worse-than-fired. He's being paid to not be a ranger.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'd be pissed off too. I finally get to play for my favorite team since childhood, but the time/contract I spent there will live on in infamy for a long time.

Maybe its because Im getting older or something but, for me, Kevin Shattenkirk's Ranger contract is not even a blip on the infamy scale.

Anyway, bottom line is it didnt work out. I'm not sure under what grounds Shattenkirk deserves a right to be pissed - he never lived up to a nano-second of that contract here.

Reactions: McCartney

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Eh, he is pissed...at himself and just the way the situation played out as well. Understandable.

As far as a chip on his shoulder...it's a BS thing that people say and means nothing in the end. If he ends up being successful in TB, it is because he's healthy and has talent around him. If it's because he's got a chip then what does that say about his effort here? He should have had that chip after Trotz bagged on him after his substandard run with the Caps.

A parting shot regarding the direction of the organization seems a bit out of bounds for me. Maybe I'd take it to heart if the Rangers didn't lay a few cornerstones over the last couple of months.

Reactions: Lays and McCartney

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Was he not a fan of the rebuild because he got pushed to #3 now? Really wish we could hear the players true thoughts about the state of the team. I mean there's lots of positives going forward, but they lost close teammates. I hope Lundqvist knows that it was literally his godlike play for a dozen years that kept us in contention every year. We should've could've started a rebuild years ago when he was younger/in his prime, not now in his twilight years.

Anyway, when are Lemieux and DeAngelo signing??

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
not sure why we're still talking about Shattenkirk, he's not on the team anymore

more interested in Lemieux and ADA. If we both get them on qualifying offers we're still over the cap, so what's the next move

Totally agree. Enough with this guy. He’s not mad at us. He’s really mad at himself. I believe that’s called projection in psychology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad