Speculation: Roster Building Thread II (2019/2020) - DeAngelo and Lemieux Left

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Obviously not at the expense of Pepe and deanger.
Obviously i mean on one or two yr deals at league minimum. But who am I to tell someone to take the minimum if they can get more.

I obviously meant girardi as our depth d signing which we’re gonna make.

Boyle I feel would almost certainly be sarcficacing money, maybe term, and guaranteed playing time. But he’d be a real + to have on the club.

I’m of the mind names and most likely Kreider will both get moved at some point and money will be free up.

I mean they are so tight right now, it’s almost a given another guy or two are gonna be traded before or early in season.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm in utter shock at Shatts bitching that he is "pissed".... Dude, you f***ing blew it. You signed a team friendly deal, boo hoo, you are 30, you can still get a few more deals to make up that money...

But your performance. Holy hell, you don't deserve to be treated special...

Signs in July 2017
Hurts himself in September 2017
Plays at decent level until november 2017
Sucks until January 2018
Is Out in definitely later that month
Stays out until Early March 2018
Comes back mid march 2018, re-injures the knee
Gets shut down late march 2018
Gets surgery in Late March of 2018
Isn't supposed to skate again until June 2018
Doesn't actually skate again until July 2018
Spends the next 8 months trying to get over it physically, mentally
Gets surpassed by a 22 year old on the depth chart
The league now things he is worth less than 1/4th of his current contract
Rangers buy him out
Now he's "Pissed"...

Bro, it didn't work out and you f***ing blew it.... He wants to get real? he could have avoided ALL of this if he had just gotten the surgery in December of 2017 when it was originally hurt... He would have come back in 2018 with a fully working knee, would have elevated his worth to the team all of last season, and then Staal and Smith get bought out instead.

It's his own fault, and this is a business. I don't feel bad for him... And with that kind of attitude? f*** him, I don't want that on this team

EDIT: For Context:

Last edited:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm in utter shock at Shatts *****ing that he is "pissed".... Dude, you ****ing blew it. You signed a team friendly deal, boo hoo, you are 30, you can still get a few more deals to make up that money...

Signs in July 2017
Sucks until January 2018
Rangers buy him out
Now he's "Pissed"...

Bro, it didn't work out and you ****ing blew it.... He wants to get real? he could have avoided ALL of this if he had just gotten the surgery in December of 2017 when it was originally hurt... He would have come back in 2018 with a fully working knee, would have elevated his worth to the team all of last season, and then Staal and Smith get bought out instead.

It's his own fault, and this is a business. I don't feel bad for him... And with that kind of attitude? **** him, I don't want that on this team

I just read his quote from the post:

“I think I have a huge chip on my shoulder right now,” Shattenkirk said, per the AP. “It didn’t work out with injuries and performance and with the way the direction of the team, the way that kind of deteriorated from when I signed on July 1 to now.”

It doesn't sound like he's really blaming the Rangers persay. Sounds like he's in fact more pissed at himself with what transpired since he signed here.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
What did u read bc based on what I saw you are freaking out for no reason
I'm in utter shock at Shatts *****ing that he is "pissed".... Dude, you ****ing blew it. You signed a team friendly deal, boo hoo, you are 30, you can still get a few more deals to make up that money...

Signs in July 2017
Sucks until January 2018
Rangers buy him out
Now he's "Pissed"...

Bro, it didn't work out and you ****ing blew it.... He wants to get real? he could have avoided ALL of this if he had just gotten the surgery in December of 2017 when it was originally hurt... He would have come back in 2018 with a fully working knee, would have elevated his worth to the team all of last season, and then Staal and Smith get bought out instead.

It's his own fault, and this is a business. I don't feel bad for him... And with that kind of attitude? **** him, I don't want that on this team

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I just read his quote from the post:

“I think I have a huge chip on my shoulder right now,” Shattenkirk said, per the AP. “It didn’t work out with injuries and performance and with the way the direction of the team, the way that kind of deteriorated from when I signed on July 1 to now.”

It doesn't sound like he's really blaming the Rangers persay. Sounds like he's in fact more pissed at himself with what transpired since he signed here.

What did u read bc based on what I saw you are freaking out for no reason

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Signs in July 2017
Sucks until January 2018
Rangers buy him out
Now he's "Pissed"...

EDIT: For Context:

This is a sociopath-level response to that tweet. You're allowed to have compassion for people, you know.

And dude, you have no idea what you're talking about with his injury. Meniscus tears aren't catastrophic injuries. They're insidious, and are often mistaken for pulled muscles.

I wish this place had a dislike button.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kevin also said he wasn't a fan of the rebuild--which is not shocking. Basically not into the youth movement--not making the playoffs for a couple/three years idea.

How he would have things working out though is not good for the Rangers organization. I wouldn't think he is alone in his way of thinking though---there are probably a few other vets who were moved along who felt similar.

Reactions: White Death 24

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I didn't expect he would be sending us cupcakes.

It has to be disappointing for him.

So be it. Move on.

Yeah--he's somebody else's player now--not ours.

Sometimes players don't work out with a team--they go to another team and then return to form. That could happen and it might not too.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This is a sociopath-level response to that tweet. You're allowed to have compassion for people, you know.

And dude, you have no idea what you're talking about with his injury. Meniscus tears aren't catastrophic injuries. They're insidious, and are often mistaken for pulled muscles.

I wish this place had a dislike button.
Holy hyperbole, sociopathic? An overreaction on an overreaction, welcome to the 2019 internets. He took a response out of context and too personally, that's pretty standard for life around here.

And Meniscus injuries are definitely not severe for the most part, but they can be naggers and can even cause discomfort for life in certain cases as well.

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.
The NYP article linked to the AP reporter source (), but the direct/paraphrased quotes used in the NYP are missing significant context.

Shattenkirk is pissed off at HIMSELF and his performance, his injuries, the team deciding to rebuild, etc. He doesn't feel he's owed anything by the Rangers, he feels he should have done a better job to avoid being considered for a buyout at all.

Intentional or not, the missing context is lousy reporting.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
The NYP article linked to the AP reporter source (), but the direct/paraphrased quotes used in the NYP are missing significant context.

Shattenkirk is pissed off at HIMSELF and his performance, his injuries, the team deciding to rebuild, etc. He doesn't feel he's owed anything by the Rangers, he feels he should have done a better job to avoid being considered for a buyout at all.

Intentional or not, the missing context is lousy reporting.

I should hope he doesn’t feel like he’s owed anything. We paid him a lot, and have very little to show for it.

Reactions: leetch99

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Controversial take: I bet Shattenkirk and the Rangers both would rather he didn't get injured.

Other controversial take: I bet shattenkirk and the Rangers both wish he would have re-signed with the Caps for more money and a cup win.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Eh, I get being pissed. He'd have to not have much faith in himself at all to be okay with how this all played out. Most of it is nobody's fault but it's very understandable for him to be upset with the outcome.

Maybe he'll bounce back in TB. Most likely he'll play out like the other Rangers who went there. Go for the nice weather and to be with some old buddies, have an improved regular season with a better surrounding cast, then go into the playoffs and turn to mostly dead weight once the team's "leaders" shrink around him and he's counted on to pull weight he's probably no longer capable of.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille