Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXV: July 1st Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
they have a guy who can run a pp already for alot less money

trust me, they have deangelo to do just that.

hes here for that reason more than any other.

odc my few objections to that are:

1) who is teaching/guiding DeAngelo to become that player? I sure as hell hope its not Mac and the coaching staff because they dont have a clue when it comes to the PP. Shattenkirk

2) whats wrong with having two offensively talented RHD? Our PP has been abysmal the last several years with no shoot first mentality.

3) are we really going to put the reliance on a 22 year old young man who still has a lot of growing to do? Especially if its true the plan is to rebuild on the fly and compete. It would be an injustice to put that on DeAngelo

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Really trying to think outside the box. That kid would solve a lot of our problems. Also trying to think what the strategy is going forward.
If they're looking to retool and not rebuild then players like Zucc and McD have to be thought of as being on the table. Can't see Nash or Staal being moved this season.

I gotcha and I'm trying to do the same. But offer sheets to RFA's in the NHL isn't really thinking outside the box seeing that there is like a .05% chance of happening due to the "unofficial" old boys network that controls things like this.

Now I did bring up an outside the box option that hasn't been comments on.

What about if we do something similiar to what we did with Ottawa when we dealt Brass for Mika

What about if we dealt a Ranger favorite of all of ours I know...Zucc and a 4th rd '18 pick in return for Galyunchuk and a 2nd round '18 pick.

I think that trade checks quite a few boxes in replacing Steps. The cap issue is favorable to us. I don't know...I'm thinking outside the box and tho I'd hate to give up Zucc, I'd think Habs would take him in return for Zucc....thoughts?

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I gotcha and I'm trying to do the same. But offer sheets to RFA's in the NHL isn't really thinking outside the box seeing that there is like a .05% chance of happening due to the "unofficial" old boys network that controls things like this.

Now I did bring up an outside the box option that hasn't been comments on.

What about if we do something similiar to what we did with Ottawa when we dealt Brass for Mika

What about if we dealt a Ranger favorite of all of ours I know...Zucc and a 4th rd '18 pick in return for Galyunchuk and a 2nd round '18 pick.

I think that trade checks quite a few boxes in replacing Steps. The cap issue is favorable to us. I don't know...I'm thinking outside the box and tho I'd hate to give up Zucc, I'd think Habs would take him in return for Zucc....thoughts?

Would that be straight up?
Zucc would be 31 when his contract is up. I'd do it and resign him in a couple of years and put him on the 3rd line, lol.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Montreal gets Zucc and a 2018 4th round pick?

We get Galyunchuk and a 2018 2nd round pick?

1. Do you do it first off? I would

2. Does Gorton think about doing it? I think he does

3. Do the Habs do it? I think they would seriously consider it

You guys have been clamoring for something outside the box that is realistic and possible. Well does this not fit the bill?

FYI: Habs Nation aint too happy with Galy. They think he's a loafer sort of in the Alex Kovalev way when he first started wth us back in '93-'94 and who drove Colin Campbell crazy. I'd take a chance on Galy and think he'd check alot of boxes and be a nice replacement for Steps. Still need another center like maybe a Hanzel to play the tough #1's but I think this would be a pretty good start.....

Thoughts?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I want to know who is pairing with Mcd?

We went from getting rid of Girardi for him, to pairing him with a 22 year old rookie who is nowhere near ready for that spot?.. Have Fun Mac..

Oh, we'll probably put him with Staal.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Montreal gets Zucc and a 2018 4th round pick?

We get Galyunchuk and a 2018 2nd round pick?

1. Do you do it first off? I would

2. Does Gorton think about doing it? I think he does

3. Do the Habs do it? I think they would seriously consider it

You guys have been clamoring for something outside the box that is realistic and possible. Well does this not fit the bill?

FYI: Habs Nation aint too happy with Galy. They think he's a loafer sort of in the Alex Kovalev way when he first started wth us back in '93-'94 and who drove Colin Campbell crazy. I'd take a chance on Galy and think he'd check alot of boxes and be a nice replacement for Steps. Still need another center like maybe a Hanzel to play the tough #1's but I think this would be a pretty good start.....

Thoughts?

Who's replacing Zucc?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I want to know who is pairing with Mcd?

We went from getting rid of Girardi for him, to pairing him with a 22 year old rookie who is nowhere near ready for that spot?.. Have Fun Mac..

Oh, we'll probably put him with Staal.

Probably Holden. McDonagh-Holden, Staal-Bereglazov, Skjei-DeAngelo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Rangers are out on Shattenkirk then I'm liking my Barkov for McDonagh idea even more.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
odc my few objections to that are:

1) who is teaching/guiding DeAngelo to become that player? I sure as hell hope its not Mac and the coaching staff because they dont have a clue when it comes to the PP. Shattenkirk

2) whats wrong with having two offensively talented RHD? Our PP has been abysmal the last several years with no shoot first mentality.

3) are we really going to put the reliance on a 22 year old young man who still has a lot of growing to do? Especially if its true the plan is to rebuild on the fly and compete. It would be an injustice to put that on DeAngelo

all reasonable questions.

1. deangelo knows what to do on the pp. i really dont think he needs to be taught anything other than get familiar with his players and their tendencies and run the pp. our pp has been in shambles because we dont have the point man to do what he can do.

2. 2 righty pmd's is fine but, if you pay shatty that kind of money he's gotta play and play alot. then again, if you trade derek stepan away for a kid who has skills like tony d. then he's gotta play alot too. not sure i spend the money on shatty. i offer 3 yr deal at 7 per and call it a day. if he says no, i roll with deangelo and resign brendan smith.

3. yes. yes we are. with mcdonough, smith, skjei and staal we have 4 core guys who can mentor him and guide him. he was very popular in the yotes room from what i read.

listening to JG, he sounds committed to denagelo and let it be known that they went out and got him. in fact, i have a buddy who works for the crunch, he's basically dolgans right hand man here and he conformed that the nyr have had interest in tony for awhile. nothing new here. both howard and vance are nyc guys and ranger fans as well.

give the young man some responsibility and tell him, now act like a pro and conduct yourself like one and represent the ny ranger family on the ice and off.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Why not? They have center depth and need to save Ekblad's career.

It's a great trade for them. So would a Trocheck + package but you get the idea.

Barkov, Trocheck, and Bjugstad is good Center Depth? Bjugstad sucks ass. Trade Barkov and it's horrendous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad