Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXV: July 1st Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
If they score 25 goals between the three of them it would be good.
We can call it the molasses line. Nash will look like pavel bure in his prime on that line.
Oh and bring on the aleve and ice after every game.

That line would make Jorge Posada look like LIGHTNING

If you guys are baseball dudes you'll totally get it :laugh:

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
This might sound Bernmeister-esque but has anybody ever brought up the idea of something crazy like Gorton placing an offersheet on Draisaitl?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I dont get that feeling. It doesn't really add up. Why trade Stepan just to turn around and Give 28 year old Shattenkirk a long term contract?

Yeah neither do I.

This is the 4th person to come out an say as much (Brooks, Freidman, Allen and now McKenzie.)

Shattenkirk is going to get a ton of money and term from someone.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I dont get that feeling. It doesn't really add up. Why trade Stepan just to turn around and Give 28 year old Shattenkirk a long term contract?

Then why are we keeping anyone over 26?

Either try to win or rebuild.. "rebuilding on the fly" is just talk for wanting to please fans, nothing more, its the same thing the Yankees did for 4 years and got absolutely nothing out of it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yeah neither do I.

This is the 4th person to come out an say as much (Brooks, Freidman, Allen and now McKenzie.)

Shattenkirk is going to get a ton of money and term from someone.

Exactly. It makes no ssense to open up a hole at C, and then sign Shattenkirk, and then we have to replace Stepan If you want to compete the next couple seasons before Hank is done

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
As a top pairing RHD who will run the PP he is worth it imo.

I offer him $5.750x7 years or $6.150x6. All we can afford

They really could afford to offer him whatever he wants, not saying its a good idea, just saying, they have a ton of cap.

They could literally offer him 7M per and probably still come up around 10 to 11M after they sign zibanejad and Fast.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Then why are we keeping anyone over 26?

Either try to win or rebuild.. "rebuilding on the fly" is just talk for wanting to please fans, nothing more, its the same thing the Yankees did for 4 years and got absolutely nothing out of it.

I totally agree. I don't have great amounts of faith in this FO to recognize that honestly

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Are we sellers or buyers or what?

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I keep seeing Thornton's name and people bringing up the fact that he had 82 points just a season ago. Then in my head I just keep reliving "fitness fanatic" and "won the Art Ross a year ago" and "look at those thighs".

luckily, he won't cost us 2 1st round picks to get

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, and I wish we would but we don't have the stones. Besides, EDM said they would match any offer.

I had to think about this for a while and in all honesty it the pros out weigh the cons.
What could happen? Rangers land their #1C for the next decade or Edmonton matches and the Rangers walk away with a bunch of draft picks while forcing Edmonton to deal with paying the rest of their team. Stones... that the question.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
As a top pairing RHD who will run the PP he is worth it imo.

I offer him $5.750x7 years or $6.150x6. All we can afford

they have a guy who can run a pp already for alot less money

trust me, they have deangelo to do just that.

hes here for that reason more than any other.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I had to think about this for a while and in all honesty it the pros out weigh the cons.
What could happen? Rangers land their #1C for the next decade or Edmonton matches and the Rangers walk away with a bunch of draft picks while forcing Edmonton to deal with paying the rest of their team. Stones... that the question.

Rangers wouldn't get any draft picks.. only Edmonton would if they didn't match.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC

Stepan was traded for a 21y/o Shattenkirk that is on an ELC....

I think there will be an off the radar trade for a C from a team that wants to free up some cap space. Don't know who or what, but cap space will become a valuable commodity after free agency opens up.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'll say this.. if we sign Bonino for 4M and Smith for 4M per and don't go after Shattenkirk..

I'm ****ing breaking something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca