Player Discussion: Ross Colton

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
who sits if you get stamkos and Kucherov back by the playoffs?
Probably a rotation of Joseph, Stephens and Ross. I'd love to scratch Johnson but that won't happen, he's playing alright on the 4th line right now.

Palat - Point - Kuch
Killorn - Cirelli - Stamkos
Coleman - Gourde - Goodrow
Maroon - Stephens/Colton - Joseph/Colton

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Savard
Serg - Schenn/Foot/Rutta

Vasi
a pylon

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Will likely be between Colton and Joseph to start, will be Colton's first NHL playoffs so not sure hows he's going to hold up despite his current play.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea Colton has been playing great with his opportunity. Would be hard to take him out of the lineup when he is producing timely needed goals to stay in the games. Been so clutch for the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's hard to keep track because people have changed their usernames so not sure who's who all the time. I know Robert had health problems so stopped posting awhile ago, Dom went to college or the Leafs board full time and there were others like Matt92 I believe that I haven't seen posting here much. We've added some posters for the ones we've lost but we really haven't added any ones who focus on prospects. Felonious is more a Solar Bears fan then a prospect watcher. Maybe I'm wrong and it just seems like we have less because there hasn't been any CHL for so long.
There was a guy named Jacko something, I think from Germany, who had a lot of good info.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I'm digging him so far in the playoffs. Hes a little spark plug that is playing his role perfectly right now.
Hes not a Goodrow and he still didnt find his play style with Gourdes line...but game after game he is better. He is better this play off,than Jospeh on his first play off run,and I like it.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Reminds me a little of Killorn. I don't think he's ever gonna be a star player, but he will likely be a lot more useful than anybody ever thought.

I like that he doesn't seem to have wilted at all under playoff pressure. Still making good plays and playing with confidence.

There was one play in particular, that he toe dragged a defender, put the puck in between another's legs then tried taking a shot as he was fell down. I was impressed. Loved the confidence. It's going to do him well going forward.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There was one play in particular, that he toe dragged a defender, put the puck in between another's legs then tried taking a shot as he was fell down. I was impressed. Loved the confidence. It's going to do him well going forward.
I think it comes down to him being strong enough, physically, to handle it. Could come in handy against a team like the isles who will take all our space away and force us to fight through bodies.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I can't wait to see what he does in an extended role next year, I feel he has a lot of potential. Will always be remembered as the one who scored the game winner!
If he gets mindset of top 6, I mean if he recognize how to play at top 6 or even top 9 if he feels as comfortable there as comfortable he was at 4th line, he can replace Coleman and become a solid ,at least top 9 player. I was sooo happy for him when he scored,awesome,dude is already in history!

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
If he gets mindset of top 6, I mean if he recognize how to play at top 6 or even top 9 if he feels as comfortable there as comfortable he was at 4th line, he can replace Coleman and become a solid ,at least top 9 player. I was sooo happy for him when he scored,awesome,dude is already in history!

I don't think he has the skills for a top 6 forward position to be honest. He's pretty much peaked as a player I'd reckon. He's a solid bottom 6er for us and can be great in that role for the next 5 or so years. Happy to have him, but he's never really displayed that top 6 production before in his career, I wouldn't expect him to do so now.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I don't think he has the skills for a top 6 forward position to be honest. He's pretty much peaked as a player I'd reckon. He's a solid bottom 6er for us and can be great in that role for the next 5 or so years. Happy to have him, but he's never really displayed that top 6 production before in his career, I wouldn't expect him to do so now.
Yes I also think that he will bee perfect 3rd liner. But dude has speed,dude has instinct to score,dude has amazing hands and shot, if he can figure out how to play at top 6 he can grow to be top 6 player,will he thats the question,but hes lowest potential is to be great 3rd liner)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad