Rumor: Roslovic trade

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
The Jets and Rangers have a lot of history trading with each other be interesting to see if they try to make a deal.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
How about Roslovic for Cernak +
Would Tampa be interested?

Or would Tampa be willing to move Cernak + Raddysh

just bored and trying to relieve it

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If Roslovic is traded, it's likely to be for defensive help, so the proposals with forwards going back don't make much sense for Winnipeg.
Is he worth more than a third pairing defenseman today? I could see a swap for a similarly struggling d prospect but not clear who that would be?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Would like to give him a shot in CGY. Don't really know what would be interesting for the Jets. Kylington maybe? Another 2015 draftee who is looking for a new deal and hasn't really found a regular role with the team.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
What would the ask be from Arizona? Would Oesterle work? Plays both sides and can play fine on the lower pairs.

Probably not, the Jets would be looking to move Roslovic for some 2nd pairing help, maybe adding a bit to get it. Oesterle isn't really any better than what the Jets already have.

Would like to give him a shot in CGY. Don't really know what would be interesting for the Jets. Kylington maybe? Another 2015 draftee who is looking for a new deal and hasn't really found a regular role with the team.

Roslovic has a regular role with the team, he just wants a greater one. I'd think the Jets would like someone a little more established, unless they think Kylington is a surefire NHL mainstay for his career.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Is he worth more than a third pairing defenseman today? I could see a swap for a similarly struggling d prospect but not clear who that would be?

Roslovic isn't a struggling prospect, he's a third liner with upside. The Jets might trade him because he wants out seeing as the chances of him beating out any of Wheeler, Laine, Connor or Ehlers for a top 6 spot is unlikely. I'd say his value is probably similar aged NHL D with second pair upside. Maybe a 4/5 with a decent contract.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He’s not a top 6 player and doesn’t play like a bottom 6 player. He won’t return much if he’s traded.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
He’s not a top 6 player and doesn’t play like a bottom 6 player. He won’t return much if he’s traded.
He's at worst a 3rd liner with top 6 upside being blocked on the wing by Ehlers, Connor, Laine and Wheeler. That's not his fault. We aren't getting rid of him for mid round picks or a cap dump. He has some value and won't be traded for the sake of getting traded. Ghost or Weegar make sense. A lateral move that fills a need is probably what's being looked at.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
I was wondering about a Rosolovic and Dermott (LD) or Holl (RD) trade between the Jets and Leafs. Not sure who comes out on top which in my mind made it at least worth a discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00