Rumor: Roslovic trade

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
That would only apply if the Jets were the only team that would want Schmidt. And look at that here comes Florida.
Except no they didn’t lol. He ain’t going to Florida. But the premise is static no matter where they’re going. It’s a cap dump for Vegas. They gotta take peanuts

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Does Buffalo need to shed salary with the Hall signing?
We dont need to shed salary, we would still be under the cap with our 3 Arbitration RFAs, but we would have between 3-5M for other signings. Ideally we move Risto for a better 3rd line C and use the cap space to sign or acquire a LD

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Roslovic is a young 1st rounder. Fantastic production in the AHL. Maybe could turn it around and become a top 2 C/RW.

Value of players with big contracts is lower now than it's been in some time. Not sure if the Knights would get all that much more in the deal.
Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine and Connor are the 4 wingers ahead of him on the depth chart. There's a very real ceiling on his ice time.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Does Buffalo need to shed salary with the Hall signing?

Very unlikely.

Sabres coach likes Ristolainen

Right now Buffalo’s roster is full of forwards. Cap friendly doesn’t shoe Cozens who starts his ELC nor does it show Mittlestadt who would be part of sabres if no AHL

There are more likrly looking to flip a RD for a LD

But they coukd surprise with a big trade.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Vegas would be dumb to trade Schmidt for peanuts just to try to squeeze Pietrangelo under the cap. I know they very much have the “shiny new toy” mentality over there but come on ...

Reactions: platotld

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Because Boston and New Jersey don't also have the need and wouldn't be like, screw that offer we'll give you something closer to real value?
Do you have a real value player who also doesn't have a cap hit? Because that's what VGK would be trying to accomplish with this trade.
Off the top of my head, Rosy has 4 more seasons under team control and the fact that he has to steal a job from an all-star winger to get on the second line has allowed us to keep his ice time low enough that he never got the chance to earn a higher salary.
At this point in his career, he's a very good middle 6 player that won't embarrass himself on a 1st line. It's actually a pretty decent return considering Vegas is trying to dump cap hits.

Reactions: hn777

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Would Ghost for Roslovic work? Just wondering the thoughts on that because I cant figure out the true value on either side....
IF Flyers acquired Schmidt, it wouldn't stun me if Rost. went for Ghost and Flyers shaved 1.5m off the cap

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If he went to Philly, it would more likely would be for Myers or another of their young RHD
Are you saying Roslovic could fetch Myers....a top 4 Dman?

Come on.

As for our other young RHD...we only have Friedman at the NHL level. The Flyers now have 5 LHD and 3 RHD with the addition of Gus. We won't go down to 2 RHD.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad