Rumor: Roslovic trade

benbenthelava

Jan 8, 2020
As a Caps fan I’d love Roslovic for a 3RW. Our top 6 is set though, can’t see him getting the opportunity he is looking for with us.

benbenthelava

Jan 8, 2020
Is your third line your shutdown checking line?

It’s a 2 way line... though this year our 3rd line wasn’t ideal (offensive production in the dumps). I could see Roslovic getting a chance similar to Brett Connolly. His offensive production took off in that position with us. Not sure who the caps are looking to slot in there if we don’t make additional moves. Panik did not fulfill that role for us.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
we already have a guy like Siegenthaler is the point.
As for the upside, siegenthaler hasn’t shown anything at any level. Do you really think he has untapped upside? He is pretty much what he is at this point. Roslo is itching to get a chance bc he knows he can be more, and most Jets Fans feel that way too. He has been a scorer at every level, and doesn’t have a good spot on the Jets bc of our deep forward corps.So yeah, it is fair to say one has untapped offensive upside while other likely does not.

You didn’t specify you were only talking about offensive upside. Yeah, Siegs won’t ever be a scorer, but that doesn’t kill his value as a defenseman. Siegs’ upside is that as he gets more comfortable at the NHL level he could start using his size more and develop into a Brendan Dillon-type #3. Even if you’ve already got a shutdown guy in DeMelo (super jealous you guys locked him up and the Caps ended up with Schultz, by the way) what’s wrong with adding one for the 2nd pairing to free up Pionk to be more aggressive offensively?

Reactions: TS Quint and hn777

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
As a Caps fan I’d love Roslovic for a 3RW. Our top 6 is set though, can’t see him getting the opportunity he is looking for with us.

I could see him getting a top 6 spot a year from now though since the Caps will probably have to let Seattle take Oshie in the expansion draft. They’re not gonna have any cap room for a replacement, and the only internal option is to hope Sprong has a massive breakout season, so Roslovic could slot into 2RW at that point.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hmmmm what's the deal with him?

Former first round pick from 4 years ago who, and I mean this in the least dickish way possible, couldn't crack the Red Wings roster last year.

he is very talented just hasn’t quite put it all together in terms of his d-zone. However we are a dumpster fire so on a better team with better defense and also better forwards he will look a lot better. Very high skill imo

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

Former first round pick from 4 years ago who, and I mean this in the least dickish way possible, wasn't on the Red Wings roster full time last year.

my question on roslovic is who has he been playing with mostly as his line mates the last couple seasons? His numbers are decent but just wondering what he’s been getting for linemates, PP time, etc

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
my question on roslovic is who has he been playing with mostly as his line mates the last couple seasons? His numbers are decent but just wondering what he’s been getting for linemates, PP time, etc

He doesn't really get good PP time unless there are injuries that force Maurice to use him on PP2 (which happened after Little's injury). He's typically a 3rd line staple with Copp and/or Lowry, neither of which puts up much offense. He is absolutely one of Maurice's doghouse players for little reason; he was getting sub-10 minute games a couple of years ago despite having a really good P/60 metric. He would be great if our 3rd line was used as a scoring line instead of a checking line, but nooooooo..

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

He's stuck behind so many players. There's times where he has wowed but I will admit that those times are not as frequent as I would have hoped at this stage in his career. That being said, he hasn't got consistent time in our top 6 ever. He will get moved up when injuries occur but he's never been given that permanent role with people who compliment his game. He's floated around our bottom 6 because there's just never been room on the wing. Now, for a team that needs a 2nd line center you would think that he would be important to us. He hasn't been able to capture and hold that 2nd line C spot and that's a bit of a concern.

So with all that being said:

-Stuck behind better players in our lineup
-Hasn't been able to capture that 2nd line C spot
-Has potential to work really well with the right setup (we haven't been able to give him that setup)
-Needs to be with high skilled players
-Not very effective in the bottom 6
-Has wowed but not consistently

He could show up next season and finally hit that stride but you can say that about any prospect.

Key thing though, he hasn't been put in a consistent spot to succeed with us.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Nikolaj Ehlers - lite from a skating and puckhandling skill standpoint IMO

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
He doesn't really get good PP time unless there are injuries that force Maurice to use him on PP2 (which happened after Little's injury). He's typically a 3rd line staple with Copp and/or Lowry, neither of which puts up much offense. He is absolutely one of Maurice's doghouse players for little reason; he was getting sub-10 minute games a couple of years ago despite having a really good P/60 metric. He would be great if our 3rd line was used as a scoring line instead of a checking line, but nooooooo..

Following this thread looks like part of the problem is Maurice.......If that's true I'd get rid of him before getting rid of players who could play another 10 years for your franchise....Limiting the potential of a third line and a team deep enough to roll a potentially much more offensive 3rd line if that is true.....Jets fans will know that answer,,,,,,than I'd drop the coach.

Reactions: hn777

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
He's stuck behind so many players. There's times where he has wowed but I will admit that those times are not as frequent as I would have hoped at this stage in his career. That being said, he hasn't got consistent time in our top 6 ever. He will get moved up when injuries occur but he's never been given that permanent role with people who compliment his game. He's floated around our bottom 6 because there's just never been room on the wing. Now, for a team that needs a 2nd line center you would think that he would be important to us. He hasn't been able to capture and hold that 2nd line C spot and that's a bit of a concern.

-Has potential to work really well with the right setup (we haven't been able to give him that setup)

He could show up next season and finally hit that stride but you can say that about any prospect.

it sounds like he would look good on a 2nd line with the wings

zadina- roslovic- Ryan

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Any chance that he ends up a C in the league?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Any chance that he ends up a C in the league?

IMO

Hes very likely a top 6 winger of a team without the significant winger strength that the Jets have. No chance to break into the Jets top 6 winger group.

He’s a very capable bottom 6 centre now, top 6 centre is a bit more of a reach/speculation.

Reactions: hn777 and Fogelhund

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Former first round pick from 4 years ago who, and I mean this in the least dickish way possible, wasn't on the Red Wings roster full time last year.
One of the most beautiful skaters in the game. Dumb as a sack of hammers.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
How about Tyler Myers? Canucks could use the additional cap space and you know what you're getting. I assume Little isn't playing this season so the cap should work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->