Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Unless there was a reason he’s up for trade in the first place. You know...that kind of thing
Even if there was a clash of character in the locker room, the problem on ice wasn't his play. I'm down playing that aspect. We got a hell of a player in ROR, if he doesn't get traded it won't hurt my feelings none as a fan.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I'm going to be pissed if Buffalo takes a lesser return just to avoid paying a bonus. That doesn't seem like Pegula's style though.

Pegula is paying Rex Ryan more than that not to coach in Buffalo. Same goes for Bylsma and a list of other fired coaches/management.

Shoot, he gave Doug Whaley (Bills ex-GM) a 4yr contract extension and then fired him like 6 months later!
He did the same thing with Tim Murray iirc. New contract and then fired less than 1yr later...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Back in 2014/early 2015

Sabre fans: we want RoR. He only will have one year left on his deal the major piece of the deal will be Pysyk not Zadorov!

Avalanche fans: no. RoR is much better then that and hasn't had the exposure. He is a solid 2 way 60 point forward. Zadorov+ not Pysyk+.

Trade happens. Zadorov is moved.

You aren't getting a 60 point center for your 2nd round prospects.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Back in 2014/early 2015

Sabre fans: we want RoR. He only will have one year left on his deal the major piece of the deal will be Pysyk not Zadorov!

Avalanche fans: no. RoR is much better then that and hasn't had the exposure. He is a solid 2 way 60 point forward. Zadorov+ not Pysyk+.

Trade happens. Zadorov is moved.

You aren't getting a 60 point center for your 2nd round prospects.
Ok, we'll keep 2nd round scrubs Dunn and Kyrou. You can have first rounder Tage Thompson

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I don't really understand this for Buffalo fans, why not? You have to elite players that are gonna be around for a while. You're still rebuilding. Why wouldn't you trade for futures? You'd get players that would age well with your already established elite players, they'll cost less, and by the time Buffalo is really in it's prime, O'Reilly will be 30+.
I don't really get the age argument with ROR. When his deal ends, he'll be the same age as Bergeron and Stastny are now. Both just came off one of their best seasons in years and are (in Stastny's case) highly sought after players. You don't go from rebuilding team to contender without high-achieving veterans and RORs age fits B'lo's timeline perfectly. When his deal's up the Sabres could still be in a position like Winnipeg is now: Youngish contender with talent coming up through the pipeline that thinks about re-signing their veteran center in his early 30ies.

ROR will be playing in Buffalo next year
I sure hope so.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
not even close
You Buffalo fans's evaluation of that offer is based on assumptions about a 19 year old 6'5" C/RW rookie who was drafted to be a goal scorer, but played in a checking role for the Blues. Thompson has an absolute rocket of a shot--he just hasn't had many opportunities to put it to use. Your GM may have a different return in mind, and he may not be motivated to deal RoR, but I'm quite certain, if the Blues were offering Thompson+ picks+ another roster player, Botteril wouldn't be scoffing at the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad