Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I will be refreshing Jeremy White's twitter about every 30 seconds until the deal is announced.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Sad to see him go if true.
I want to wait to see the return. If the return is there I think it is the right move for a lot of reasons. One of those being that when the Sabres will be ready to seriously compete, O'Reilly will likely be 29-30 and may only have a year or two left on his contract.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This wouldn't surprise me considering the reports of teams like Montreal and St Louis "hovering" over O'Reilly, but nothing about these tweets inspires a lot of confidence :laugh: Unless White's birdies have proved reliable in the past?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wonder how much Sabres will have to retain. Or who will they take back salary wise to get this one done?

This is a lot of money moving.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Could be waiting a while. I know McKenzie assumed Pegula wouldn't want to pay ROR's bonus and then trade him, but it would explain the delay. My guess is it will become official on July 1 or shortly there after.

Only other explanation is that they are waiting on the free agent market. Maybe St. Louis has a target that would change their plans. The agreement is only valid if _________ signs elsewhere.

Reactions: biturbo19

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Schenn-ROR -Fabbi

not bad top 9 C depth, can put Fabbri on W and have Thomas as a 3C too

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Robert Thomas has been held out of the prospects camp in STL. They said it was an injury sustained at the memorial cup, but it would make sense that he is going the other way if BUF is eating the salary. STL also did have a minority owner pull out recently, so the need for some cash relief would make sense.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I wonder how much Sabres will have to retain. Or who will they take back salary wise to get this one done?

This is a lot of money moving.
My guess is $0 retained, especially if it is after the payment of the signing bonus. Likely that a roster player is going the other way, and my guess would be Sobotka ($3.5M cap hit for two more years). Berglund ($3.85M cap hit for 4 more years) might be a better player, but he has a modified NTC (20 team no trade list) that survives July 1.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume that the hold-up is the signing bonus on July 1. It appears that the Blues JT hopes were finally dashed this morning, but I would expect that as long as there was a glimmer of hope that the Blues would be able to court JT they would have to hold off committing to bringing in a cap hit of this size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad