Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I would rather have ROR than Bozak

But I would rather have Bozak and both Thomas/Kyrou than RoR. I do wish we could have worked out a deal without Parayko or those 2 prospects

Reactions: 67Blues

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
To land a player like ROR in their prime with term left on their deal, you have to greatly overpay. If not, why would the sabres move him? For s’s and g’s?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
You Buffalo fans's evaluation of that offer is based on assumptions about a 19 year old 6'5" C/RW rookie who was drafted to be a goal scorer, but played in a checking role for the Blues. Thompson has an absolute rocket of a shot--he just hasn't had many opportunities to put it to use. Your GM may have a different return in mind, and he may not be motivated to deal RoR, but I'm quite certain, if the Blues were offering Thompson+ picks+ another roster player, Botteril wouldn't be scoffing at the offer.
I like Thompson. With that shot he has he can be a very proficient goal scorer at the NHL level. However I have my doubts that he'll be able to create much offense on his own. If he's the centerpiece in an O'Reilly trade, Botterill got fleeced. Big time.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Except we keep our prospects.
And I don't think it's going to take long for Thomas to acclimate to nhl. He looked amazing in the ohl playoffs. I get it their 18 year olds but in the finals it's the best two teams and he still dominated.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Forget about any ROR deal, unless a massive overpayment, with Tavares in the division.

The Sabres just can’t afford to create that hole.

I don't think Sabres are anywhere close to compete in the Atlantic. They should focus on getting the best return possible.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
St Louis was the favorite bidder until Bozak signed. There's still a bunch of teams without centers, though, and I assume Buffalo is still open to offers if someone bids high enough.

My bet is there's legitimate talks the rest of the summer, but he ends up staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad