Rumor: ROR deal already agreed upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
1st, 2nd and bluechip prospect

In an interview a couple days ago, Armstrong said the asking price was three pieces, not two and a second rounder. Some combination of three high value prospects/young players or two and a first rounder.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
In an interview a couple days ago, Armstrong said the asking price was three pieces, not two and a second rounder. Some combination of three high value prospects/young players or two and a first rounder.

Beauvillier/Bellows/2019 1st from the Islanders?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Bergevin finally has a situation where he’s actually going to bring back the best player in the deal and this is the one he thinks is too much.

I guess not being able to make a horrible one for one trade is too confusing for him

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Do you have a link to that interview, by chance?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Do you have a link to that interview, by chance?

Armstrong, Blues Aim to Trade for Players and Sell Them on St. Louis - 101Sports.com

From the Article said:
We’ve talked internally and we could improve our team drastically within really 12 hours if we wanted to move three or four of these pieces that we have an excitement about...The price of doing business in the trade market was three of these pieces for one player, or two pieces and a high draft pick and we just didn’t feel that that’s the best long-term approach for the St. Louis Blues organization.

Now, he doesn't directly say O'Reilly, specifically, would cost them that much. It's possible he's talking about some other, even bigger-name players. But I think he's being honest here and if the price were one prospect, one first rounder, and change, the deal would have been done.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Armstrong, Blues Aim to Trade for Players and Sell Them on St. Louis - 101Sports.com

Now, he doesn't directly say O'Reilly, specifically, would cost them that much. It's possible he's talking about some other, even bigger-name players. But I think he's being honest here and if the price were one prospect, one first rounder, and change, the deal would have been done.

Seems vague enough it could mean either thing. Depends on what a piece that Army has "excitement" about means, and whether that overlaps with your "change."

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Seems vague enough it could mean either thing. Depends on what a piece that Army has "excitement" about means, and whether that overlaps with your "change."

Change, to me, was just the equivalent of a 2nd rounder. A pick like that is nice, but it's not a deal-breaker in a situation like this. He's specifically talking about prospects like Thomas and Husso. That can reasonably be extended to Kyrou, Thompson, and Kostin. Possibly Fitzpatrick, Bokk, and Walman. Probably Fabbri and Dunn. All of those assets are worth more than a 2nd rounder to the Blues. So, assuming O'Reilly's included in that discussion of the trade market, the ask was higher than the rumored 1st, 2nd, prospect.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Thank you.

Yeah, I think ROR seems to be a pretty logical guess as to who he was talking about. Obviously we don't know that for sure, but ROR would be my best guess.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What was Kane’s rumored asking price and what did he actually go for?

Difference: Kane was a UFA and had to be traded at the deadline or lost for nothing. Also almost nobody wanted him. Sabres best choice was obviously to take what we could get, even if it wasn't that good.

ROR: very desirable and there's absolutely no urgency for Buffalo to move him. Incredibly easy choice for the Sabres to keep him unless the offer is too good to pass up.

Situations have nothing in common other than that they involve Sabres forwards.

Reactions: TheKingPin

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hopefully Isles is not on this and please do not give 2019 1st rounder away - No goalies means nothing and you do not let a shot for landing a player like Hughes away. Heard that he is even better than Patrick Kane and may be generational even two years ago. Even you do not land him, next year is a solid draft for center. Just wait for one more year please. Do not rush or you will regret. Bellows plus Hughes >>>> O'Reilly and much much cheaper for cap. Think about resigning the future big 3 Barzal, Dobson and Walhstrom few years down the road. Let the Habs have TO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad