rookies (or young players) breaking out next season?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
JVR has been a beast for the flyers
Turris
Ennis

homer(Erik Johnson) honestly believe he will have a great year.:yo:

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Josh Bailey of the Islanders.

I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if Niederreiter is capable of coming in and putting up 50 points, although no-one should be counting on that.

I agree, I see Tavares putting up around 80 points next season as well. Travis Hamonic has a chance at reaching 35-40 points.

birddog*

Not 22, he's 23, Matt Frattin.

Gonna be better then most are predicting. Most have the reins on this kid expecting him to play in the minors and then post 15 goals.

Expect more.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
kane should be capable of reaching 30 goals. burmistrov should be able to double his points totals from this year easily

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I do believe Marcus Johansson is capable of putting up 50 pts.

Agreed. Kid needs more respect...lil Zetterberg. This guy impresses me every time.

I'm predicting Luke Schenn to breakout offensively to 30-35 pts

Would be impressive if he put up 30-35 from a full season on the 2nd unit PP. It may just be more of an indication of the lack of skill on Toronto's blue line at the moment.

I can see Hall hitting 35-35-60

Decent chance, but it may depend a lot on who's centering him. He's going to be such a great player when he's filled out.

Erik Karlsson. This year he had 75-13-32-45 on an unusually horrible season for a very large portion of his teammates.

Only 22 of his first 75 points in the league were on the PP, only reason that is, surroundings. Once Ottawa actually puts some higher end skill on the PP, people will get to understand why he's currently the most RAW skilled and dynamic blue liner in the NHL. Although I admit, Ryan Murphy may take that crown as soon as he walks into the league.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
(insert Islander player here)

Not a homer vote :sarcasm:

Last edited:

AlMo

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
No love for Matt Duchene?

What about

Tyler Ennis
Jeff Skinner
Brayden Schenn
PK Subban
Alex Pietrangelo

what can we expect out of them?

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Zach Boychuk and Zac Dalpe are good candidates for the Canes depending on the roles they have next year. I'm assuming they both make the team since we have quite a few UFAs this offseason.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey

What about

Tyler Ennis
Jeff Skinner
Brayden Schenn
PK Subban
Alex Pietrangelo

With the exception of Schenn (Who had a break out season in the juniors. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps into the league with 50 points though.), all of those guys you outlined have already broken out. I wouldn't expect a large jump in play from any of them, just to add a few points and minutes, and continue maturing.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
John Carlson will add sexy numbers(40ishpts) to his already solid play, Carl Gunnarsson will score 35+pts(mostly because of no kaberle, and has a decent offensive upside), Alex Goligoski will score 50ishpts mostly being the #1 dman on the pp with ribeiro, eriksson, benn, etc, Dimitry Kulikov will break out and score 40+pts and be the panthers best player, Victor Hedman will play his way onto the #1 PP unit and score 35+pts.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006

What about

Tyler Ennis
Jeff Skinner
Brayden Schenn
PK Subban
Alex Pietrangelo

Duchene almost had 70 points this season. If he's not well over 50 points next season it will be considered a huge disappointment.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Stepan, barring a sophomore slump, should be over 50 points. Anisimov should break 50 for the first time, too. Zuccarello has an outside shot and Kreider's a total unknown, should he make the team. Outside of the Rangers, possibly Tedenby, Omark, and Seguin.

jablueblue

Jul 22, 2009
JVR has really stepped it up in the playoffs, he should be poised for a big year.

And just for kicks, Nazem Kadri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad