HF Habs: Rookie tournament 2019 (9-5 to 9-10)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I had no idea which thread to post this is, but since this one is about the rookies I thought it could be appropriate.

Does anyone else notice how much the Habs prospects all seem to hang out/like each other? KK has a story on Instagram today where he's driving in a truck with Poehling, Suzuki, and Brook, and Poehling has had stories all summer hanging out at the Formula One races with KK and Mete, and with Brook and a Rocket player or two on separate occasions.

Is this just an instance of the rise of social media and there's more exposure? Or does this group of upcoming guys seem to be tighter than usual?
The Habs, believe it or not, have put a huge emphasis on the young players hanging around each other and being besties lol

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Suzuki-Poehling-Cox
Struthers-Evans-Mcshane
Fonstad-Hawel-Hillis
Pezzeta-Verbeek-Alain

Leskinen-Fleury
Fairbrother-Brook
Leguerrier-York

Primeau
Shank

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why is Mcniven not at camp? I believe he wasn’t at the development camp either
Not unusual for a guy starting his third AHL year (or older guys) to miss development camp. Vejdemo and Waked are also missing.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Why is Mcniven not at camp? I believe he wasn’t at the development camp either
It's a CBA thing. Players only "have" to attend 3 of them and it's voluntary after that. This is his 4th year with the org.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I had no idea which thread to post this is, but since this one is about the rookies I thought it could be appropriate.

Does anyone else notice how much the Habs prospects all seem to hang out/like each other? KK has a story on Instagram today where he's driving in a truck with Poehling, Suzuki, and Brook, and Poehling has had stories all summer hanging out at the Formula One races with KK and Mete, and with Brook and a Rocket player or two on separate occasions.

Is this just an instance of the rise of social media and there's more exposure? Or does this group of upcoming guys seem to be tighter than usual?
Not unusual at all when you actually make an effort to build through the draft. All these guys know each other because they're at the top level and have competed with or against each other at some point. Don't remember the last time the habs had so many top prospects but this is what happens when you do. Seems like management has made a conscious effort to reach out to them which is nice as well.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Suzuki-Poehling-Cox
Struthers-Evans-Mcshane
Fonstad-Hawel-Hillis
Pezzeta-Verbeek-Alain

Leskinen-Fleury
Fairbrother-Brook
Leguerrier-York

Primeau
Shank

Imagine the lineup if we added the following players:

Cole Caufield
Alex Romanov
Joni Ikonen
Jesse Ylonen
Jacob Olofsson
Jordan Harris
Jayden Struble
Mattias Norlinder
Rhett Pitlick
Brett Stapley

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Poehling is the only sure NHL bet for me. And something we need to realize, it’s that between Caufield Suzuki Primeau Romanov Brook Ylonen, they at least 1/2 of them that will flop.

Normally that would make sense, but these draft picks seem to be a cut above and would consider them to make an impact on this team this year or the next.

The question is who do they push out? There are also others in our pipeline that may impress more than anticipated such as Evans, Fairbrother, Ylonen to name a very few.

At the very least we seem to have the center position and a healthy pipeline of talent set of a number of years. Now we actually have to develop them into NHL players, something we have truly sucked at for too many years now.

Forwards
Phoeling
Caufield
Suzuki

Defensemen
Brooke
Fleury
Romanov

Goalie
Primeau

Sam Winchester

Sep 4, 2019
Schedule -

View attachment 251919

Schedule - Canadiens' rookie camp / 2019 Rookie Tournament
Thursday, September 5:3 p.m.Practice(Bell Sports Complex)
Friday, September 6:10 a.m.Practice(Bell Sports Complex)
Saturday, September 7:11:15 a.m.Practice(CAA Arena, Belleville)
7 p.m.Game OTT vs. MTL(CAA Arena, Belleville)
Sunday, September 8:11:15 a.m.Practice(CAA Arena, Belleville)
7 p.m.Game MTL vs. WPG(CAA Arena, Belleville)
Monday, September 9:Canadiens' annual golf tournament(Laval-sur-le-Lac)
Tuesday, September 10:1 p.m.Game vs. U-Sports team(Bell Sports Complex)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Roster -

EDFG1EkWkAA0y4o.jpg

Invites -

- G -
Alexis Shank

- D -
Dylan Plouffe
Jack York
Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin (Signed to PTO)

- F -
Vincent Marleau
Liam Hawel
Matthew Struthers
Nicolas Guay

anyone know if it’ll be televised? I know it’s in Belleville. Surprised Laval didn’t get it this year.
https://www.tsn.ca/top-prospects-headline-rookie-showcase-games-on-tsn-1.1360381

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Normally that would make sense, but these draft picks seem to be a cut above and would consider them to make an impact on this team this year or the next.

The question is who do they push out? There are also others in our pipeline that may impress more than anticipated such as Evans, Fairbrother, Ylonen to name a very few.

At the very least we seem to have the center position and a healthy pipeline of talent set of a number of years. Now we actually have to develop them into NHL players, something we have truly sucked at for too many years now.

Forwards
Phoeling
Caufield
Suzuki

Defensemen
Brooke
Fleury
Romanov

Goalie
Primeau

I think we're editorializing a BIT MUCH with this post lol

Ad