HF Habs: Rookie tournament 2019 (9-5 to 9-10)

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Schedule -

View attachment 251919

Schedule - Canadiens' rookie camp / 2019 Rookie Tournament
Thursday, September 5:3 p.m.Practice(Bell Sports Complex)
Friday, September 6:10 a.m.Practice(Bell Sports Complex)
Saturday, September 7:11:15 a.m.Practice(CAA Arena, Belleville)
7 p.m.Game OTT vs. MTL(CAA Arena, Belleville)
Sunday, September 8:11:15 a.m.Practice(CAA Arena, Belleville)
7 p.m.Game MTL vs. WPG(CAA Arena, Belleville)
Monday, September 9: Canadiens' annual golf tournament(Laval-sur-le-Lac)
Tuesday, September 10:1 p.m.Game vs. U-Sports team(Bell Sports Complex)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Roster -

EDFG1EkWkAA0y4o.jpg

Invites -

- G -
Alexis Shank

- D -
Dylan Plouffe
Jack York
Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin (Signed to PTO)

- F -
Vincent Marleau
Liam Hawel
Matthew Struthers
Nicolas Guay

anyone know if it’ll be televised? I know it’s in Belleville. Surprised Laval didn’t get it this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
All the more reason to televise

I can't imagine them not with fans starving for hockey by september 6. The games were heavily reported on last year, especially with Kotkaniemi in them. I think Suzuki and Poehling will draw heavy attention.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sucks that college guys can’t participate
Greedy NCAA

they can but for most classes have already started so they don't want to miss them. Caufield has an early exhibition games as they don't usually play games at the end of August so he would miss those. Not a big deal of course but to miss both classes and the games with his teammates seems unnecessary for a meaningless tournament.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hey guys just curious here, is there a schedule released for the preseason games? I am in MOntreal on Sept 27-28th and curious if they are playing a preseason game at the Bell Centre?

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
Hey guys just curious here, is there a schedule released for the preseason games? I am in MOntreal on Sept 27-28th and curious if they are playing a preseason game at the Bell Centre?

• Monday, September 16th (Home) vs. New Jersey Devils @ 7:00 PM
  • Wednesday, September 18th (Away) vs. Florida Panthers @ 7:OO PM
  • Thursday, September 19th (Home) vs. Florida Panthers @ 7:00 PM
  • Saturday, September 21st (Away) vs. Ottawa Senators @ 7:30 PM
  • Monday, September 23rd (Home) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00 PM
  • Wednesday, September 25th (Away) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00 PM
  • Saturday, September 28th (Home) vs. Ottawa Senators @ 7:00 PM

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
  • Monday, September 16th (Home) vs. New Jersey Devils @ 7:00 PM
  • Wednesday, September 18th (Away) vs. Florida Panthers @ 7:OO PM
  • Thursday, September 19th (Home) vs. Florida Panthers @ 7:00 PM
  • Saturday, September 21st (Away) vs. Ottawa Senators @ 7:30 PM
  • Monday, September 23rd (Home) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00 PM
  • Wednesday, September 25th (Away) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs @ 7:00 PM
  • Saturday, September 28th (Home) vs. Ottawa Senators @ 7:00 PM
Thanks!!

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I hate those rookie tournaments. Last year two of our young players were concussed for a while.

they are fun but yeah... i feel like something bad happens all the times, always the goon trying to prove something. i was there last year straight up behind the net and i can't remember some leafs Dman who was tall as f*** was constantly doing cheap shot or wanted to fight.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
they can but for most classes have already started so they don't want to miss them. Caufield has an early exhibition games as they don't usually play games at the end of August so he would miss those. Not a big deal of course but to miss both classes and the games with his teammates seems unnecessary for a meaningless tournament.
I know they can, but pretty sure they have to pay their own way, don’t they?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

yes, there are other rules as well but it doesn't matter since they none of them ever go. Stejskal did but only because Dartmouth starts their fall semester later then any other schools i'm aware of.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007

I disagree - They lose their NCAA eligibility if they play any games (including exhibition/tournaments) etc vs other pro teams (interesting sidenote that CHL counts as pro). They can only play inter-squad games like we saw at our development camp.

They can attend one pro camp per year per team for 48 hours with all expenses paid. Anything beyond that they need to pay themselves

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I disagree - They lose their NCAA eligibility if they play any games (including exhibition/tournaments) etc vs other pro teams (interesting sidenote that CHL counts as pro). They can only play inter-squad games like we saw at our development camp.

they don't, Joe Stejskal was at training camp years ago and then went and played in the NCAA. He wore #86 and then went and played his senior year in the NCAA.

http://allhabs.net/canadiens-press-release-2010-11-training-camp-roster/

Habs cut 5 from training camp

Joe Stejskal Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

They can attend one pro camp per year per team for 48 hours with all expenses paid. Anything beyond that they need to pay themselves

that's for players attending CHL training camps.

Comparing the NCAA, CHL, USHL, ECHL, and AHL

Attending CHL training camps and retaining NCAA Eligibility
Each player has 48 hours to attend a CHL training camp with expenses paid, any amount of time after that is the players responsibility to remain eligible for the NCAA.
Dressing in an exhibition game will forfeit NCAA eligibility.

NHL Development Camp for Players in the NCAA
NCAA prospects or current players may attend NHL summer development camps, or prospect camps, but must pay their own way (transportation, lodging, food, etc.) and current players may not miss class to do so.

There is an opportunity, similar to the 48-hour rule (see above), to have an NHL team pay a portion of a player's stay at development camp on a one-time-per-team basis. The 48-hour period begins when you arrive at the team's facility and ends exactly 48 hours later. While in attendance the team can supply you with expenses that include travel, hotel, food, equipment, and all costs associated with practice and off-ice training. A player would have to cover all costs after that 48-hour period, including return transportation home.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
they don't, Joe Stejskal was at training camp years ago and then went and played in the NCAA. He wore #86 and then went and played his senior year in the NCAA.

Canadiens Press Release: 2010-11 Training Camp Roster | All Habs Hockey Magazine

Habs cut 5 from training camp

Joe Stejskal Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

that's for players attending CHL training camps.

Comparing the NCAA, CHL, USHL, ECHL, and AHL

Not sure what happened with Stejskal (perhaps rules have changed since 2010) but according to this article they can't play against other teams (CHL or NHL) unless I'm misunderstanding the article.
WHY MY FAVORITE PROSPECTS ARE NOT AT AN NHL TRAINING CAMP: A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF NCAA HOCKEY ELIGIBILITY RULES.

"Also like the CHL, NCAA players drafted by an NHL team cannot participate in any games against other teams and is why NCAA players do not participate in prospects tournaments such as the Traverse City Prospects Tournament hosted by the Detroit Red Wings every September."​

I think we're agreeing on the second point that they can attend camps - they just need to be careful who's paying and for how long they pay.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure what happened with Stejskal (perhaps rules have changed since 2010) but according to this article they can't play against other teams (CHL or NHL) unless I'm misunderstanding the article.
WHY MY FAVORITE PROSPECTS ARE NOT AT AN NHL TRAINING CAMP: A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF NCAA HOCKEY ELIGIBILITY RULES.

"Also like the CHL, NCAA players drafted by an NHL team cannot participate in any games against other teams and is why NCAA players do not participate in prospects tournaments such as the Traverse City Prospects Tournament hosted by the Detroit Red Wings every September."​

I think we're agreeing on the second point that they can attend camps - they just need to be careful who's paying and for how long they pay.

no that's not correct. The simple way to look at it is forget about who's paying for it and focus on the much bigger issue and that is when does the Fall semester start. That will vary from school to school, some late August, some the 1st week of Sept, others later.

NCAA players can NOT miss classes to attend a camp. It's a stupid rule but if their Fall semester has started then they can't miss class to go to a rookie camp or training camp.

Stejskal's school Dartmouth starts their fall semester later then any other school so the players can attend if they pay their own way just as any NCAA player can if his school's fall semester hasn't started.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This was posted two weeks ago, but according to this, Nicolas Guay is invived to Habs' camp. I don't know if it's only for the rookie camp or for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad