HF Habs: Rookie tournament 2019 (9-5 to 9-10)

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Houde will need a breakout season to avoid not being signed. But I'm pretty sure we'll see him as an overager here in Chicoutimi for 2020/2021. At 19 he is projected to center our 3rd line, behind Lapierre and Rochette.

any news on how Alexis shank is doing? he isn't the biggest goalie out there but the guy clearly is able to stop pucks. he should be dominant here this year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I liked Hillis this weekend, particularly the second game against Jets.

I agree about Henrikson being gone. I highly doubt they sign him, like they let Koberstein go.

I also agree about Houde and McShane. I'd like to see how they do this year. I liked McShane against the Sens. Nothing spectacular, but he looked good in a number is plays.

I disagree about letting Fonstad go just yet. I would add him to Houde and McShane in the list of I need more time. I do think he didn't have a good weekend at the showcase. But I'm very curious to follow him this year.

I'm not too fond...of Fondstad. Probably why I keep putting a D to Fonstad...lol

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I liked Hillis this weekend, particularly the second game against Jets.

I agree about Henrikson being gone. I highly doubt they sign him, like they let Koberstein go.

I also agree about Houde and McShane. I'd like to see how they do this year. I liked McShane against the Sens. Nothing spectacular, but he looked good in a number is plays.

I disagree about letting Fonstad go just yet. I would add him to Houde and McShane in the list of I need more time. I do think he didn't have a good weekend at the showcase. But I'm very curious to follow him this year.

I understand and could deal with that too. Thing is, the day they decided not to sign Matt Bradley, and clearly they weren't wrong, I fail to see what Fonstad will be able to do more than Bradley to be signed.

To me right now, and I might be wrong, I think we saw the best of Fonstad. Type of player that probably already touched the ceiling. His playoffs and Mem Cup performance was abysmal. And as much as those 2 games didn't mean a lot....you still didn't see anything from the guy at all.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Here's how I see it today for the upcoming summer:

I want him signed: Hillis. Expecting a great year out of him.
I want them gone: Fondstad and Henriksson
I need more time...but they need to impress me a lot to NOT want them gone: Houde and McShane
I was really impressed with Hillis as well. He seems a lot faster than I remember. Always in the right spots and always battling. Got some Gallagher vibes from him.

I agree with your other assessments too.

Sam Winchester

Sep 4, 2019
If someone finds this broadcast, please let me know. It starts at 1 PM, and is being played the Bell Sports Complex.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Here's how I see it today for the upcoming summer:

I want him signed: Hillis. Expecting a great year out of him.
I want them gone: Fondstad and Henriksson
I need more time...but they need to impress me a lot to NOT want them gone: Houde and McShane
Fonstad literally outplayed all the players you mentionned in league play over the last two years, but dont let that get in the way of a few rookie showcase.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Poehling, Suzuki, Evans and Fleury are definitely going to the main camp and are all players who are likely to see some NHL action at some point this year.

Them and Vejdemo will be at the main camp. Brook and Leskinen will, as well. Now we'll see if they will bring someone else, like RHP or if Fairbrother isn't too hurt that he may take part in it with the quest to earn an ELC. Maybe Hawel will, as well.

Reactions: 417

Sam Winchester

Sep 4, 2019
Confirmed; Montreal Canadiens Rookies vs U-Sports Team streaming live with natural audio at rds.ca webcast. Start time was 1 PM ET. Thank you to all who did the research.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Fonstad literally outplayed all the players you mentionned in league play over the last two years, but dont let that get in the way of a few rookie showcase.

Yeah we saw how he outplayed everybody in tihe playoffs and during the Mem Cup. And clearly what count the most when it's time to sign a player it's not where he is going, but where he has been. Makes perfect sense. 'Cause clearly my opinion is solely due to those 2 games..lol

By the way, Matt Bradley too put points in the board and wasn't signed.

How do you analyse the fact that Fonstad outplayed Hillis? And McShane? How do you not understand that with the quantity of prospects coming and having to be signed, we will have to make choices?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Son of my coworker plays in the game.....ex-very good Q player Loic Léveillé.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Them and Vejdemo will be at the main camp. Brook and Leskinen will, as well. Now we'll see if they will bring someone else, like RHP or if Fairbrother isn't too hurt that he may take part in it with the quest to earn an ELC. Maybe Hawel will, as well.

Yeah it feels more that Poehling, Suzuki, Evans and Fleury showed enough so far.
They want to see more from Brook and Leskinen is still adjusting to the NA hockey

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Son of my coworker plays in the game.....ex-very good Q player Loic Léveillé.

I liked him when he played here, used to have lots of potential, unfortunately, his defensive game haven't improved enough during his stage in the Q to warrant a pro career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad