Rookie camp 2014 (starts Sept. 13)

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 2 min
If Galchenyuk can handle the defensive responsibilities at C, that's where MTL would like to see him.

The complete interview with Bergevin will be on tsn.ca tomorrow morning, select clips will be on SportsCentre and That's Hockey tonight.

YES! Hope he does well.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Today was the only scrimmage I watched and I was impressed by this Beaudoin kid. For those that have watched the other two days has he played this well and if so why the hell is he undrafted?

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I find they look very similar in the eye test...HOWEVER...this is a big but, Sekac hasn't shown he can finish like Max, which is his main skill. Outside of being a 30-40 goal scorer, Max's other skills are solid but not ++. He could be a 20 goal 25 assist version of pacioretty on a 2nd and 3rd line...which is not bad even as a best case scenario. I think his downside is low if he shows he can play a defensive role, his size and speed makes it easy for him to be useful in today's game as a 3rd or 4th liner who can chip in.

When I said Pacioretty 2.0, I was more talking about his ability to recover quickly from an injury. He was supposed to miss the game today but still played, a bit like when Pacioretty is injured and he's somehow able to get back sooner than expected (the Chara injury, the Wisniewski shot to the ribs, etc).

I agree though that he kinda looks like Max out there, from my limited viewings of him. Fast, good shot, good stickhandler. Seems to drive the net a bit more though. We'll see how that translates to the NHL level. Chances he end up as good as Max are slim to none but, as you said, a 3rd line version of him would be more than enough. I'm really lookin forward to see what he can do.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Today was the only scrimmage I watched and I was impressed by this Beaudoin kid. For those that have watched the other two days has he played this well and if so why the hell is he undrafted?

Can't say why the guy is undrafted but yes Beaudoin and Bennett have been the two best defenceman during the duration of the scrimmages.

habitue*

Can't say why the guy is undrafted but yes Beaudoin and Bennett have been the two best defenceman during the duration of the scrimmages.

So, what the point of drafting kids over 7 rounds each year ?

habitue*

To catch creamy tears of joy

Enjoy it now while it lasts...

DD is not the one that gonna be transfered to wing or be dealt.

Plekky would have way more value.

Eller can pick the defensive duties of Plekky wwhile DD and Galchenyuk will provide the offensive side. Wingers can play two-way hockey too. It's not the sole responsability of a centerman. of course, they have to be aware, and that is why Bergevin said that they gonna try Galchy at centre to check out his defensive abilities. I am more concerned with his face offs abilities.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Une vingtaine de joueurs, parmi les 44 qui ont été invités au camp, devraient accéder au camp officiel du Canadien. Les décisions de la direction devraient être annoncées en fin d'après-midi mardi ou en matinée mercredi.

The cut might be annonce only tomorrow moring according to RDS....

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Charles-David Beaudoin
Defense -- shoots R
Born Jan 10 1994 -- Drummondville, PQ
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 178 [180 cm/81 kg]

That's why.

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Therrien found replacement for Bouillon Habs Standard Press

While commenting the streaming for day 4 of Habs rookie camp, Gaston Therrien was really taken by invitee Charles-David Beaudoin. "The guy plays an intelligent game, never out of position, good crisp first pass and was physical especially against free agent Jiri Sekac" said Therrien. "In my book, he earned an invitation to the big camp" was his conclusion.

Asked to comment on Therrien's good remarks, Charles-David Beaudoin said "I don't think I can identify myself as a Cube". Knicknamed Ray after the journalist Raymond Beaudoin who received the famous Nutcraker kick from former PM Pierre-Elliot Trudeau, Beaudoin was asked if he was related: "not in the least, but I expected a rematch from Justin after his bout against the Senator in Ottawa".

Good luck to Charles-David Beaudoin.

Sorry, had to get this out of my system.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Enjoy it now while it lasts...

DD is not the one that gonna be transfered to wing or be dealt.

Plekky would have way more value.

Eller can pick the defensive duties of Plekky wwhile DD and Galchenyuk will provide the offensive side. Wingers can play two-way hockey too. It,s not the sole responsability of a centerman.

Our management isn't gonna sit there and go LOL points. They know they hide DD.. And they know they can't hide two centers.

Plekanec has more value because he's better. We are going to keep the better players. That's the point.

Price has more value than Tokarski, doesn't mean we trade Price.

Locks

May 28, 2005
And have Desharnais or Galchenyuk face tough opposition? Lol no.

For the tough opposition, we have Eller and Malhotra. Bergy actually mentioned Eller's ability to play against top opposition after the signing. I think all the signs are pointing to Plek being moved.

habitue*

Our management isn't gonna sit there and go LOL points. They know they hide DD.. And they know they can't hide two centers.

Plekanec has more value because he's better. We are going to keep the better players. That's the point.

Price has more value than Tokarski, doesn't mean we trade Price.

They also know that DD is instrumental to MaxPac production... Plekky is over 30 and paid 5 million. And he is year after year a disappearing act in the Playoffs. Eller and Malhotra can handle the defensive side of the game as well as the pk.

We all know you would prefer DD to disappear forever, and ever.... But it's not he way it's gonna happen in the real hockey world.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No chance they keep Hawkey as well?
Leroux said that Sorkin was already sign for this season ( AHL deal).

When I said AHL players, it's Sorkin and Co. From Shea to even Chouinard....those guys played in the AHL and are seen as such. Even if they have contracts or not. With practices not ready in Hamilton, keep most guys, even if it means that some will never see a preseason game. Then, when Hamilton practices starts...you send them down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00