Rookie camp 2014 (starts Sept. 13)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For the tough opposition, we have Eller and Malhotra. Bergy actually mentioned Eller's ability to play against top opposition after the signing. I think all the signs are pointing to Plek being moved.

Which would be bad when we get to the playoffs.. Eller is improving but he is not there yet. Plekanec will be moved when we have another big offensive center to take his spot. Until then, plekanec is the veteran down the middle that is a very important piece.

Desharnais is the most flawed player down the middle. He makes the most sense to go. His low trade value is indicative of that.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd still invite goutlet to the big camp. Like Monctonscout said, he's a lot younger than most there and if he shows the talent to be something.. You take an extended look because you don't want someone to take something you could have had for free.

Same reason I hope they monitor Gadoury close in Halifax..

Well that probably will be the case for Goulet. Monitor him as well. In the end, you keep the guys that has a chance at making it....or that will play or have a chance to play in Hamilton this year. Goulet fits neither. And again, it's coming from a Goulet fan.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Don't know where to put this :)

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 38 s
Just finished my interview with MTL GM Marc Bergevin, some interesting revelations incl moving Alex Galchenyuk to centre to start camp.

This makes sense.
It follows the logic of having played him with Plecky in the PO's.
We need to see exactly where he is at defensively and on the draws.
Our true number 1 C needs to be able to do it all...

No trading anyone for a while yet...

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
For the tough opposition, we have Eller and Malhotra. Bergy actually mentioned Eller's ability to play against top opposition after the signing. I think all the signs are pointing to Plek being moved.

After he's been named one of the 4 A for the season ? Yeah, no.

DD is the one in danger, cause in the end, Galchenyuk is the one who will take his place, trade this dwarf already, once and for all.

Plekanec is here to stay.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Don't know where to put this :)

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 38 s
Just finished my interview with MTL GM Marc Bergevin, some interesting revelations incl moving Alex Galchenyuk to centre to start camp.

This is great news...but I hope the coaching staff is willing to be patient

He's barely played centre at all in the NHL, it's not really fair to expect him to have the defensive part of the game and faceoffs down pat when he hasn't been exposed to those situations very often.

If you're going to try Galchenyuk at centre, he needs all of training camp and preseason and at least a dozen games or so before you can start drawing any conclusions.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Which would be bad when we get to the playoffs.. Eller is improving but he is not there yet. Plekanec will be moved when we have another big offensive center to take his spot. Until then, plekanec is the veteran down the middle that is a very important piece.

Desharnais is the most flawed player down the middle. He makes the most sense to go. His low trade value is indicative of that.

You make a good point and I am not a fan of DD but right now he is the only centre able to consistenly generate offense which was our main problem last year. Hence, we will add an offensive center in Galchy, not replace one offensive center (DD) by another (Galchy).

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
They also know that DD is instrumental to MaxPac production... Plekky is over 30 and paid 5 million. And he is year after year a disappearing act in the Playoffs. Eller and Malhotra can handle the defensive side of the game as well as the pk.

We all know you would prefer DD to disappear forever, and ever.... But it's not he way it's gonna happen in the real hockey world.

True. Patches production and multiple 30goal seasons has nothing to do with his shot, skating, size. He'd be a 15 goal scorer without DD.

:sarcasm:

habitue*

This is great news...but I hope the coaching staff is willing to be patient

He's barely played centre at all in the NHL, it's not really fair to expect him to have the defensive part of the game and faceoffs down pat when he hasn't been exposed to those situations very often.

If you're going to try Galchenyuk at centre, he needs all of training camp and preseason and at least a dozen games or so before you can start drawing any conclusions.

He played basically centre just one season in Sarnia with Yakupov. He was injured the whole season after. In his third year, he was back on a wing with Sarrault as his center and Boucher on the other wing. And we know he did not play center for a season and a half in Montreal...

How come we should think that he is a better center than a good winger ?

habitue*

True. Patches production and multiple 30goal seasons has nothing to do with his shot, skating, size. He'd be a 15 goal scorer without DD.

:sarcasm:

Do you REALLY watch the games ? Or just the names on the back of the jerseys ? Who is passing the ****ing puck to MaxPac ? Go and ask Max yourself...

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
NOt sure if it was said already but Lernout, per his twitter, is going back to his junior team. As scheduled.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Do you REALLY watch the games ? Or just the names on the back of the jerseys ? Who is passing the ****ing puck to MaxPac ? Go and ask Max yourself...

Yea I watch the games. I love seeing Patch burn defenseman down the wing and cut to the middle. I love seeing him use his quick release off the rush.

Fact of the matter is, a large chunk of his goals come off the rush rather than on the cycle, because he doesn't play with a centre who can play a cycle / possession game.

DD assisted on less than 20 of Patches 39 goals.

And what.. you want Max to throw his teammate under the bus to the media?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Can't remember the website for advanced stats but its seems that DD doesn't get alot of primary assist on Pacioretty goals. I like Desharnais but I think that at some point he'll the man out.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Rermains to be seen if Beaudoin is another coming of Frédéric St-Denis, something less or something more....First step, make the cut. Could really go either way. Beaudoin could be another one in "monitoring"

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
He played basically centre just one season in Sarnia with Yakupov. He was injured the whole season after. In his third year, he was back on a wing with Sarrault as his center and Boucher on the other wing. And we know he did not play center for a season and a half in Montreal...

I ask myself the same question. And what would be wrong about developping a good (if not star) winger?

I do think Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher has what it takes to be a top line in the NHL. I think Galchenyuk is playing the game like a winger anyway. He reminds me a lot more of Marian Hossa than any center.

Analyzer*

NOt sure if it was said already but Lernout, per his twitter, is going back to his junior team. As scheduled.

I figured they might keep him around at the main camp giving that he does have NHL size already. Learning wouldn't hurt.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I figured they might keep him around at the main camp giving that he does have NHL size already. Learning wouldn't hurt.

From what I saw in the scrimmages, he had no business in the main camp even at this size.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Because a player with his vision, shooting ability, needs to play in the centre of the ice. You're severely under-utilizing his best attributes by keeping him on the wing

that's not to say he can't be a successful winger...he's talented enough that he can be.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I ask myself the same question. And what would be wrong about developping a good (if not star) winger?

I do think Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher has what it takes to be a top line in the NHL. I think Galchenyuk is playing the game like a winger anyway. He reminds me a lot more of Marian Hossa than any center.

I think if you have to play him as a winger...play him on his off wing.

He needs to 'see' more of the ice

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Charles-David Beaudoin
Defense -- shoots R
Born Jan 10 1994 -- Drummondville, PQ
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 178 [180 cm/81 kg]

That's why.

So how do you explain Mac Bennett?

Mac Bennett
Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 25 1991 -- Narragansett, RI
[23 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 189

If I remember correctly Mac was under 6 ft when he was drafted. And also I know one inch is important in the bedroom but does it really make that much of a dif on the ice?

habitue*

I think if you have to play him as a winger...play him on his off wing.

He needs to 'see' more of the ice

That's why I would like to see a Max-Pac-DD-Galchenyuk line on PP, at least.

euro

Feb 13, 2013
Is it so hard to understand that Max pac wants dd and no one else has is center. The Guy just feed the puck Like no other on that team. We need dd for the moment.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is it so hard to understand that Max pac wants dd and no one else has is center. The Guy just feed the puck Like no other on that team. We need dd for the moment.

He can deal with it. If not then him and DD can go pick some cherries together in Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad