Rookie camp 2014 (starts Sept. 13)

habitue*

I'd still invite goutlet to the big camp. Like Monctonscout said, he's a lot younger than most there and if he shows the talent to be something.. You take an extended look because you don't want someone to take something you could have had for free.

Same reason I hope they monitor Gadoury close in Halifax..

It seems like undrafted 18 yo players have more opportunities than the drafted ones (who are stucked with the team that drafted them). I don't understand. They are like free agents at 18. There should be a rule stating that you should had completed your junior hockey undrafted before being able to offer your services or be signed by any teams.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
It seems like undrafted 18 yo players have more opportunities than the drafted ones (who are stucked with the team that drafted them). I don't understand. They are like free agents at 18. There should be a rule stating that you should had completed your junior hockey undrafted before being able to offer your services or be signed by any teams.

They can't sign any of thoses 18 years old....The only opportunities the have is to go to an NHL camp and show what they're made of to have a chance to get draft next year.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
RDS will also be streaming the main camp scrimmages (friday, saturday & sunday). Hopefully we get someone else than Gaston Therrien to commentate the games but that's probably wishful thinking

:laugh:

I tought they were announcing the formation today?

they are. later this afternoon.

habitue*

They can't sign any of thoses 18 years old....The only opportunities the have is to go to an NHL camp and show what they're made of to have a chance to get draft next year.

So, why invite them to these camps ? Habs and other teams are spending money to bring them there... And another team might draft them and sign them later .

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

No. You can sign them up until 48 hours before the first regular season game. If nobody signs them then they go back into the draft next year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm pretty sure we can sign goutlet but once the NHL regular season begins then he goes back into being draft eligible..

Correct?

habitue*

I stand corrected :)

Thanks for the info!!!

So an undrafted 18 yo might have as good chances of being signed by a NHL team than a drafted one ? So why these 7 round drafts ? Let's do a two or three round drafts with obligation by a team to sign these kids, and just invite a bunch of others for tryout camps. The scouts would work their ass off to pick up the best.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Guillaume Lefrançois ‏@glefrancoisLP 33m
Philippe Gadoury a été libéré de son essai par les #Habs. N'avait pas réussi ses tests médicaux

Gadoury failed the physicals

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'd still invite goutlet to the big camp. Like Monctonscout said, he's a lot younger than most there and if he shows the talent to be something.. You take an extended look because you don't want someone to take something you could have had for free.

Same reason I hope they monitor Gadoury close in Halifax..

Wonder what happened with the failed fitness test...injury or came in in bad shape? Wasn't clear from the tweet.

They are only free agents until the start of the season, plus, the odds are pretty long of a FA signing a contract if he wasn't among the top 210 draft eligible prospects this past year's draft. A few fall through the cracks but it's usually after a few years...

RDS will also be streaming the main camp scrimmages (friday, saturday & sunday). Hopefully we get someone else than Gaston Therrien to commentate the games but that's probably wishful thinking

they are. later this afternoon.

Yeah, you have to throw out about half of what he says due to bias and poor sources of info. He spends half the type hyping Quebec kids and the other half talking about guys that are very well known(Sekac Andrighetto DLR etc).

I'm pretty sure we can sign goutlet but once the NHL regular season begins then he goes back into being draft eligible..

Correct?

This is correct. Goulet would be eligible for the 2015 draft if the Habs don't offer him a contract.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Philippe Gadoury a été libéré de son essai par les #Habs. N'avait pas réussi ses tests médicaux

Can you reply to his tweet and ask if it was injury related or fitness related?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He was out of shape or injured? I don't understand what that means...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Don't know where to put this :)

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 38 s
Just finished my interview with MTL GM Marc Bergevin, some interesting revelations incl moving Alex Galchenyuk to centre to start camp.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Just finished my interview with MTL GM Marc Bergevin, some interesting revelations incl moving Alex Galchenyuk to centre to start camp.

Next to my bed with a box of tissues.

habitue*

If so....who's going on a wing ? Or they will give Galchy the whole camp to show his stuff at centre and decides at the end which other centre must nowplay on a wing or be traded if Galchy succeeds.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 2 min
If Galchenyuk can handle the defensive responsibilities at C, that's where MTL would like to see him.

The complete interview with Bergevin will be on tsn.ca tomorrow morning, select clips will be on SportsCentre and That's Hockey tonight.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If so....who's going on a wing ? Or they will give Galchy the whole camp to show his stuff at centre and decides at the end which other centre must nowplay on a wing or be traded if Galchy succeeds.

Desharnais on wing or traded for a winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad