Rookie camp 2014 (starts Sept. 13)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And you think the Team is gonna be better that Way ?

If patches is serious about being a leader on the team.. He can't oppose its moves to get better. If he threw a temper tantrum over getting a better center, I'd consider moving him. That's painful to think about as he is one of my favorite players.

habitue*

If patches is serious about being a leader on the team.. He can't oppose its moves to get better. If he threw a temper tantrum over getting a better center, I'd consider moving him. That's painful to think about as he is one of my favorite players.

You really hate DD...:naughty::sarcasm:

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
So how do you explain Mac Bennett?

Mac Bennett
Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 25 1991 -- Narragansett, RI
[23 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 189

If I remember correctly Mac was under 6 ft when he was drafted. And also I know one inch is important in the bedroom but does it really make that much of a dif on the ice?

My wife doesn't care that I'm 5'11" and not 6'0 . . .

But remember with Bennett he was 5'11 at 16/17 and came from a tall/large family so there was some hope/expectation that he'd get bigger. Plus his skill set, esp skating, is/was impressive

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com

Are you implying that Galchenyuk is better player than DD :help:

Galchenyuk was really bad last year. He still has a lot of work to do before thinking of becoming a #1C.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Are you implying you'd trade Chucky before you'd trade DD? :help:

No. But upside and real life results are not the same. When Galchenyuk will have Desharnais' current age (28), he'll be better than him. But right now he's 20, and not doing much more than some cheap UFA we could sign ala Dustin Penner.

Time will come for Gally, but the time is not this year, nor the next one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No. But upside and real life results are not the same. When Galchenyuk will have Desharnais' current age (28), he'll be better than him. But right now he's 20, and not doing much more than some cheap UFA we could sign ala Dustin Penner.

Time will come for Gally, but the time is not this year, nor the next one.

Wrong thinking...
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
You guys are making a big splash out of nothing. Sure Chucky is going to start the main camp at center. There will only be 10-15 regular NHLers per games in the preseason. Testing him at center is the logical thing to do. Evaluate him, give him some chances and see where he is in his developpement curve. IMHO, as of right know, the habs can't lose neither Plekanec, neither DD. DD is the best offensive center AINEC and Plecky is the best devensive center AINEC. IF one of Galchenyuk or Eller prove they can replace one of them there will be some movement. I expect Chucky to be back at LW when the season will start, and moving back to center if others get injured. Next year will be different, expect a lot of change!!

pine*

You guys are making a big splash out of nothing. Sure Chucky is going to start the main camp at center. There will only be 10-15 regular NHLers per games in the preseason. Testing him at center is the logical thing to do. Evaluate him, give him some chances and see where he is in his developpement curve. IMHO, as of right know, the habs can't lose neither Plekanec, neither DD. DD is the best offensive center AINEC and Plecky is the best devensive center AINEC. IF one of Galchenyuk or Eller prove they can replace one of them there will be some movement. I expect Chucky to be back at LW when the season will start, and moving back to center if others get injured. Next year will be different, expect a lot of change!!

"DD is the best offensive center AINEC"

:help:

Enlighten me, please.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I mean, I know...not the end of the world....we know the NHL team already....we almost also know the AHL team already....yet....at one point, performances needs to mean something. You could easily make a case for not inviting Goulet....but you invite Momesso and Eberle and Brace? Gill ahead of Hill? Not Beaudoin who looked like the best d-man out there out of everybody? And you invite Baker and Wardley? Seriously? There has to be an order coming from Wheeling 'cause everything else makes no sense whatsoever. Really hope they keep an eye on Gadoury, Goulet and Beaudoin.

Oh and Audette should have been invited and see at least 1 game.

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
"DD is the best offensive center AINEC"

:help:

Enlighten me, please.

Just look at the last 3 seasons. And I'm not a DD fan at all. Statswise he is head and shoulders above the others. He succeded in keeping the #1 offensive center spot (Yes I know..... Therrien knows nothing.... blah,blah,blah). If you watch the games, you will see that he is the one creating chances with is vision. Even is board play is not bad for a guy this size due to his elusiveness. Eller has potential but he is not there yet. If you read my last post again, at the bottom it is written that Eller and Chucky will have to prove something to make it happens. One good playoffs performance is not enought. Sorry folks. That's the wayI see it.

habitue*

I mean, I know...not the end of the world....we know the NHL team already....we almost also know the AHL team already....yet....at one point, performances needs to mean something. You could easily make a case for not inviting Goulet....but you invite Momesso and Eberle and Brace? Gill ahead of Hill? Not Beaudoin who looked like the best d-man out there out of everybody? And you invite Baker and Wardley? Seriously? There has to be an order coming from Wheeling 'cause everything else makes no sense whatsoever. Really hope they keep an eye on Gadoury, Goulet and Beaudoin.

Oh and Audette should have been invited and see at least 1 game.

Yeah. Weird cuts and weird selections. I hope they did not tell any of them that the most deserving would get a sip at the big camp.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
They shouldn't have cut Audette and Beaudoin. They send the wrong message by cutting 2 of the top ten best players from the rookie camp. Don't even try to make the team our team is already complete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad