Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Between him, the additions of Toffoli, Anderson, Edmundson and Allen, and the development of Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and even Jake Evans...us Habs fans aren't used to having so many good things at once, feeling overwhelmed. Most of those good things are over 6 feet too! Wild!

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
And Leafs fans thought Sandin was better lol
It’s not a competition. Both should just be happy they have a great D prospect. If Sandin works out fantastically for Toronto I’ll be happy for them. I’m really happy with Romanov!

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I thought he was going to have a hard time living up to the hype. So far I think he's actually surpassed it if that's possible. He's calm, rarely out of position, good stick, really solid first pass, gets shots through to the net, just playing simple smart hockey. I thought he was supposed to be a defensive D, so I guess I wasn't expecting that kind of poise with the puck either. He looks like an NHL veteran defenseman out there, minus a few rookie mistakes here and there. You can see him improving from game to game too. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far. He looks like a keeper.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
MTL doesn't even trust this guy enough to play game 1 of the playoffs. Overhyped?????
Montreal does not trust any rookie/young player except Suzuki because they're idiots.
I don't know, but Romanov is definitely not one of them.

Look at the amount of overhyping earlier in this thread, it's laughable.

Sandin had 2 less points in 50 less games lol
Yes because Romanov's impact is most definitely on the scoreboard. Lol!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Montreal does not trust any rookie/young player except Suzuki because they're idiots.

Yes because Romanov's impact is most definitely on the scoreboard. Lol!
I mean there was a Habs fans in here saying he has 60pt potential and that he "walks the blueline like no one else" so I'd say at least those guys thought he would contribute on the scoreboard

Reactions: iCanada

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I mean there was a Habs fans in here saying he has 60pt potential and that he "walks the blueline like no one else" so I'd say at least those guys thought he would contribute on the scoreboard
Yes, I'm sure no fans from other teams overhype their prospects at times.

The vultures coming back here to taunt are quite pathetic. Coming from insecure Leafs fans it's not surprising however.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Relax. Has nothing to do with Romanov. Montreal is benching Caufield too, DD isn't making sense
Caufield makes sense. A generously listed 5'7" winger playing in the NHL playoffs after only a handful of NHL games under his belt makes sense. Small players just don't contribute come playoff time. see John Gaudreau.

Im assuming Kulak/Merrill is playing above Romanov, and if so, that's rather unfortunate.

Look back at the thread, he was DEFINITELY overhyped.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't know, but Romanov is definitely not one of them.

Look at the amount of overhyping earlier in this thread, it's laughable.

Sandin had 2 less points in 50 less games lol

Well Sandin barely plays 14min/game, but he's a good prospect for sure even though the coach prefers Bogosian. He's doing better than Mikko Lehtonen's 3 points.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Loving your two cent logic bud
This is a direct quote from this thread:

"He's gonna be a top pairing D by 2022 .. and a really really good one.
There's no flaw to his game"

Sounds overhyped no?

No one sits their future #1 with no flaw in his game for Merrill/Kulak.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad