Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
wow the kid is impressive allready, playing big minutes ,
he's quick , really good vision for the first pass out of the zone and good offensive flair.

Could he be in course for the Calder this year ?
Also to whom can we compare him ?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Love his game since I first saw him at WJC 2019. He's got a thick frame with that quickness. I highly doubt he wins the Calder though he won't get the powerplay time to rack up enough points. Best comparable for me is Kris Letang.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Terrific player, will be among the NHL's best defensemen in a few years time

Brownies

I remember seeing people freak out when he was selected, only to watch a few highlight and see a kid who looked really good (I know, I know can't judge from highlights). Comments about prospects being selected too soon or too late are to take with a grain of salt, to say the least.

I don't know if he will become a #1, 2, r or 4 D but he's so calm out there for a rookie D. He's a nice addition to the team.

Reactions: kevistar

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
what a steal.... 38th overall in 2018

part of the infamous Danault+2nd for Weise and Fleischmann deal with Chicago

Bergevin not looking so bad now on top of the Pacioretty for Suzuki, Tatar, 2nd trade.... but we'll take Sergachev back
Not sure if I’m remembering correctly but I think there was negative sentiment around the pick, or maybe that was just me

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
don't see number 1 D with him, but I woudn't say top pair is out of the realm of possibility. Montreal needed this guy

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Not sure if I’m remembering correctly but I think there was negative sentiment around the pick, or maybe that was just me
I remember him being off the board, not much was known about the kid.... but since it was their 3rd pick (after KK and Struble), I think it was kind of a "we'll trust your pick, Timmins". As he seemed to know something others didnt.

Yep, he did!

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
From the three games this season that I've watched of Montreal, he's really noticeable in the ozone in a great way. He's a bit like Heiskanen, calm and collected but makes very smart plays.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I remember him being off the board, not much was known about the kid.... but since it was their 3rd pick (after KK and Struble), I think it was kind of a "we'll trust your pick, Timmins". As he seemed to know something others didnt.

Yep, he did!

I've always been hopeful.
I remember how Timmins talked about him. It was unique because I never saw Timmins so excited to draft a player. He was basically saying that he knew Romanov was expected to be drated in a latter round but he couldnt risk losing him because he thought Romanov was a gem.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I've always been hopeful.
I remember how Timmins talked about him. It was unique because I never saw Timmins so excited to draft a player. He was basically saying that he knew Romanov was expected to be drated in a latter round but he couldnt risk losing him because he thought Romanov was a gem.

c'mon, he's always excited when talking about his draftees. always hyping them.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
Hell of a player from what I've seen of him in the few viewings I've had this season. Can't help but be a little jealous as he was acquired with the second round pick acquired from CHI in the Fleischmann/Weise trade in which we also sent Danault. Just further bending us over the barrel with that transaction. Either way, super excited to watch his game grow this season. He looks special.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

He was ranked 115th among European skaters by NHL Central Scouting.

I remember even after the draft, Corey Pronman ranked all the Habs prospects who had a chance at making the NHL but didn't include Romanov since he thought he didn't have much potential

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs fans were up in arms when he was drafted so early in the 2nd. Standard fare.

Romanov has really impressed early on. He's earned the minutes he has been given. He's really active, passes well and takes a lot of shots and gets them on the net. The only negative is that he tends to overshoot the puck. Kid loves to shoot but should be more selective.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Timmins said that the reason he was ranked so far in the draft was that he wasn't getting good minutes playing in Russia for what it felt like ''political decisions'' that prevented Romanov to play on the PP and play a good amount of minutes every games.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Timmins said that the reason he was ranked so far in the draft was that he wasn't getting good minutes playing in Russia for what it felt like ''political decisions'' that prevented Romanov to play on the PP and play a good amount of minutes every games.

Timmins comments were in reference to his time in the KHL and particularly last season. He was in the last year of his contract (and refused to re-sign) and as a result he was relegated to the 3rd pairing because he was not considered to be a part of the future of the team. The only time Romanov was given minutes and a chance to perform was in the WJHC and now the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad