GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8 | at Chicago | 9/29 8PM | NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I don't know if he's NHL ready with his skating but I feel like Stenlund could improve the second unit PP right now.
If him and Andy could make a trade, Kevin will give Andy a little hockey IQ, Andy will give him a little speed. Win-win trade, like Jones for RyJo. :)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Looks like season is off to a great start. D possibly missing, Jones, Z & Murray. Yikes.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
This might be a silly comment, but was anyone else impressed by how Stenlund played on not only a small rink for him, but a SUPER small rink for him? :laugh:

My more legitimate observation of him was how well he did in a tight space on his goal. He was able to think quickly enough to pull the puck back a bit right off the defender’s stick. Not only that, but his hands were quick enough also. These are the things that lead me to believe he’s adjusting very well.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Even
This might be a silly comment, but was anyone else impressed by how Stenlund played on not only a small rink for him, but a SUPER small rink for him? :laugh:

My more legitimate observation of him was how well he did in a tight space on his goal. He was able to think quickly enough to pull the puck back a bit right off the defender’s stick. Not only that, but his hands were quick enough also. These are the things that lead me to believe he’s adjusting very well.
Even playing damn near perfect in camp, it's gonna be extremely tough for him to steal a spot barring injuries or Dubinsky rapidly declining. But hopefully he responds well to being sent down and tears it up in Cleveland until he gets his shot.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Oh he's built for the small ice. We've been speculating that long before we saw him play on it.

Reactions: teddygmr

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I for one hope Stenlund lands on a line flanked by Abramov and one of the vet scorers (Dalpe/Gerbe/Broadhurst) for most of the year in Cleveland.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
#CBJ morning skate lines and D-pairs, morning skate; vs #Pens tonight at 7.
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson :damnpc::deadhorse:facepalm:
Milano-Nash-Duclair

Werenski-Nutivaara
Kukan-Savard
Harrington-Carlsson
Clendening working into the mix too
wonder if they will ever flip Jenner/Foligno. Not sure if its to get Nick going offensively or what the deal is there

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
wonder if they will ever flip Jenner/Foligno. Not sure if its to get Nick going offensively or what the deal is there

Twiddle dee, Twiddle dum. I don't think it makes a difference. They both are plodders imo. Neither is really a 2nd line forward but someone has to be slotted there. I'm hoping Duclair comes out blazing and moves up there to play LW. To beat another (my) :deadhorsehaving Vanek to play alongside Wennberg & Jenner would have made a lot of sense to me. Apparently not to Jarmo.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
#CBJ morning skate lines and D-pairs, morning skate; vs #Pens tonight at 7.
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson :damnpc::deadhorse:facepalm:
Milano-Nash-Duclair

Werenski-Nutivaara
Kukan-Savard
Harrington-Carlsson
Clendening working into the mix too
What a collective bunch of idiots so many of us posters are. We all think Dubi-Jenner-Andy is a bad combo. In fact many of us find just a Dubi-Jenner combo is toxic. Thank goodness Torts is going to show us how wrong we’ve all been.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Twiddle dee, Twiddle dum. I don't think it makes a difference. They both are plodders imo. Neither is really a 2nd line forward but someone has to be slotted there. I'm hoping Duclair comes out blazing and moves up there to play LW.

It's not really about quality. It's about complementary play styles. Jenner and Dubinsky are running around bumping into each other. Jenner and Wennberg make goals happen.

The stats from last year show Jenner and Dubinsky with a 45% shot share, and a 45% goal share when out there together. That's really bad on a team that's usually above 50%.

I'm not suggesting Foligno-Dubinsky-Anderson is an improvement. Foligno is better with Wennberg and Bjorkstrand too. The big guys need to be paired with playmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad