Sportsnet: Rogers SportsNET new NHL National Broadcaster. Begins 2014-15 season athrough 2025

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
I saw on TSN that the Leafs still have Games on their network on regional broadcast...does that mean we still get to watch TSN around 10 to 15 times a year? (if TSN can get those regional rights after next season?)

I'm almost positive the Leafs have to share regional broadcast rights equally between Bell and Rogers. So TSN will always have Leaf games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought Sportsnet had the Leafs regional package? Was it up this year too and TSN got it?

I'm curious to see what becomes of LeafsTV

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
I thought Sportsnet had the Leafs regional package? Was it up this year too and TSN got it?

When Bell and Rogers bought MLSE I'm pretty sure they agreed to split regional broadcasts. I'm not 100% sure though.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I saw on TSN that the Leafs still have Games on their network on regional broadcast...does that mean we still get to watch TSN around 10 to 15 times a year? (if TSN can get those regional rights after next season?)

I'm almost positive the Leafs have to share regional broadcast rights equally between Bell and Rogers. So TSN will always have Leaf games.

TSN has 10 games next season and starting in 2015, 26 regional Leafs games a season.

Gorbo

Sep 3, 2009
No more ****ing blackouts!!!! Its such a letdown to turn on a game here and even though the guide says its the leafs, its the god damn senators on the screen.

This needs to take effect ASAP

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
god damm this better no affect my viewing

i dont have fancy ass cable box just basic channels 22 30 6
god damm it

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
I would guess there will now be some games on sportnetONE and sportsnet360 which you wouldn't get with a basic cable program.

Does this mean no more Leafs TV or will they still have regional games?

Leafs TV is terrible imo. If they still get games on that channel, it would probably be likely around 7 to 10 games per season.

As for 26 regional games per season on TSN starting in 2015, I'm pretty happy:). It depends who gets to call those games (Miller?, Cuthbert?, Bowen???)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I would guess there will now be some games on sportnetONE and sportsnet360 which you wouldn't get with a basic cable program.

Does this mean no more Leafs TV or will they still have regional games?

Yes, good point. My guess, though, is that the Leafs will pull priority on SportsNET Ontario or City TV, with an outside chance on CBC.

LeafsTV, im not sue about. Havent heard a peep about them.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Isn't LeafsTV operating at a loss?

If I was on the Bell side of management I'd want those 10 or so games to be redistributed, so TSN gets more.

wulfio*

Isn't LeafsTV operating at a loss?

If I was on the Bell side of management I'd want those 10 or so games to be redistributed, so TSN gets more.

i dont see how they can lose money on it, it doesnt look like they spend anything to produce it.

Count Von Grabo*

will they still blackout every leafs game here in nova scotia?

Mar 14, 2011
I always love hearing hockey analysis from Kypreos and Maclean, they bring more to the table than the TSN crew for me.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
No more ****ing blackouts!!!! Its such a letdown to turn on a game here and even though the guide says its the leafs, its the god damn senators on the screen.

This needs to take effect ASAP

That only applies to the games on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Regional games on other nights will still be blacked out outside the team's territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad