Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed. II (Marlies win series 3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
No, we are calling for him to be benched against a team that clearly has his number, in favor of a good young goaltender in Hackett--who Toronto probably doesn't know inside and out like Leggio.

As I said, give him one more game. They owe it to him and themselves.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not the first farm-hand netminder to look bad in a key game in the playoffs however. It's been a long time since they've gotten a full team effort from everyone. I suspect Cassidy will roll Leggio back out for another game and if he folds again, he'll go to Hackett in the elimination game.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Let's not forget: the Sabres haven't had a 2nd goalie of Hackett's ability for the vast majority of the year. If Hackett had been here from the start, Leggio likely would not have had to carry the load like he did this year--hell, Hackett might have even won the starting job. If it was Knapp or Lieuwen back there, nobody would be calling for Leggio to be benched.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Was at game, leggio sucked.

OTOH.

Saw Zemgus play in September, and again yesterday. What a difference, he's a non stop beast. He and Larsson have got chemistry going, and Johan is a hustler too. If they're our 4th line next year, look out. Psysk was the best skater for either team, though varone is quick too.

Walt Jr, looked a little tired, kinda like his last couple in Buffalo.

Drew McIntyre was playing out of his mind, including a behind the back glove save.

Tim Connolly's ghost was out there too. I swear I saw him, but not quite sure.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Was at game, leggio sucked.

OTOH.

Saw Zemgus play in September, and again yesterday. What a difference, he's a non stop beast. He and Larsson have got chemistry going, and Johan is a hustler too. If they're our 4th line next year, look out. Psysk was the best skater for either team, though varone is quick too.

Walt Jr, looked a little tired, kinda like his last couple in Buffalo.

Drew McIntyre was playing out of his mind, including a behind the back glove save.

Tim Connolly's ghost was out there too. I swear I saw him, but not quite sure.

If they pan out, we'd have a great future 3rd line of Girgs-Larsson-Catenacci.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If they pan out, we'd have a great future 3rd line of Girgs-Larsson-Catenacci.

:drool:
Imagine if they all hit close to their ceilings what that line would be like in it's prime? Would be an absolute nightmare for team to play against. Grit, leadership, some skill, speed...

Catenacci seemed like he did well in his limited action in the regular season. Would be nice to see him get some ice time in the playoffs, but I'm not sure who would come out for him.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Hackett starting today per Kevin O.

Good move. With the way the forwards played yesterday (particularly in the second), they should have won that game. A more solid goaltending performance should go along way toward making that happen.

Any other changes? I'd like to see one of the young guys inserted for a bit more speed.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
It's a development team. No question Hackett must start. He's in the Sabres future, not Leggio

More about the fact that Leggio was terrible yesterday and Hackett's more likely to help them win today than anything beyond that. If what you state was the case, then they'd sit Matt Ellis for Justin Kea. A development team has to win in order to help people develop. Can't do that if you hitch your horse to every "future" Sabres player in lieu of vets.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Mikhail Grigorenko, wearing 52, is playing for the #Amerks. I don't see Max Legault in warmups.

LaxSabre - wonder if Grigs plays on the same line with Brian Flynn - just so hes used to be playing with someone as he played with Flynn the last couple of games for Buffalo.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks defenseman Matt MacKenzie is playing in place of injured Nick Crawford (upper body).

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks want the hit by Kenny Ryan on Nick Crawford reviewed by the AHL. Ryan is in warmups so apparently no review yet, or no suspension.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The #Amerks turn to goalie Matt Hackett to save their season. A quick pre-game blog: http://on.rocne.ws/Ry4fgv

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Marlies lineup alterations: inserting more than 800 NHL games of experience on blue line with Mike Komisarek and Mike Mottau.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Mikhail Grigorenko's first #Amerks shift with RW Brian Flynn and Rick Schofield on LW.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerk lines:
Girgensons-Larsson-Mancari.
Tarnasky-Adam-McCormick.
Ellis-Varone-Rissmiller.
Schofield-Grigorenko-Flynn.

Hackett gets tripped - Yeo to the box - Amerks early PP - Grigs is on the first line PP.

Marlies kill - now Ellis gets called for roughing - Marlies to the PP.

Amerks kill - Hackett made a save or two - Amerks another penalty - Schofield-high-stick - its killed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad