Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
Last summer I doubt any of us would have predicted the season that Blackwell had. Looking forward to seeing Malone and Asplund step up and fill the void that's now missing. Relying on hope vs proven scoring is always a big risk and that's why losing Blackwell stinks. I know the Sabres did talk to him before 7/1 but he clearly found a better deal.

I talked to Scott Nichol about what Nashville saw in Blackwell...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm calling it. Rochester wins the 2019 Calder Cup.

I'll take a first round playoff series win (probably against Syracuse) followed by a competitive division final series (against Toronto). Although I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood like Laval - just don't replace Rochester with them.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I’m starting to wonder if the O’Reilly trade prevented any more signings for the Amerks. Going into free agency, it was 1-2 forwards. After the draft, Sexton said they “had some work to do at forward”. The trade netted 2 forwards organizationally and probably made it a bit of an issue to sign an AHL vet to an NHL deal. Still hoping for a top 6 forward, but the longer we get into free agency, the less likely it seems to be.

I still figure Mark Zengerle is inevitably going to sign here on an AHL deal.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I’m starting to wonder if the O’Reilly trade prevented any more signings for the Amerks. Going into free agency, it was 1-2 forwards. After the draft, Sexton said they “had some work to do at forward”. The trade netted 2 forwards organizationally and probably made it a bit of an issue to sign an AHL vet to an NHL deal. Still hoping for a top 6 forward, but the longer we get into free agency, the less likely it seems to be.

I still figure Mark Zengerle is inevitably going to sign here on an AHL deal.
There's a bunch of wasted contract slots that'll slide next year. Botterill let a few go already. Karabaek and Cornel and Martin disappearing, along with Moulson and Pominville makes a lot of room. At least there will be some talented youth coming in, so they don't have to rely on the ghosts of BBF again.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
can't find the preseason schedule for Roch anywhere....will be in the area for a while in late September and would like to attend a game. Perhaps it's not out yet?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
What about the depth of d-men in Rochester? 13 under contract right now? And already 8 in Buffalo as i see it.
Guhle is the wild card. I’ll guess he starts in Rochester.

Rochester
Guhle
Redmond
Pilut
Borgen
Fedun
Tennyson
MacWilliam
Hickey
Paetsch

Cincinnati
Arvin Atwal
Tobie Paquette-Bisson
Devante Stephens
Brycen Martin

Reactions: skipjack

skipjack

May 1, 2016
Stockholm, SWE
Thanks, makes sense.

My money is on Pilut, I believe he's a starter in Buffalo - in max 2 years. Might not have the same potential as Dahlin but he was the better d-man in SHL this year.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Why do the Amerks have to go to Charlotte the same St. Patrick's Day weekend the Sabres are in Raleigh and I'll be in Buffalo for Parade Day! :skeptic:

keithLGA

Jun 2, 2009
Rochester, NY
www.letsgoamerks.com
hmmmm... interesting on the stats above. Will be interesting to see how they're calculating those or even how they're getting the data. Estimated? Raw data from somewhere? Either way, more data the better! In other news...

Unless he plays a position other than center chances are good he'll be in Cincy.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
So, what does this mean for his future contract status? He signed an AHL contact; which means its not his ELC, right? So do we still have his rights and the AHL contract is similar to if he signed to play in the Q again? What's the deal?
He was never signed to an ELC and played in the CHL (not on loan) so his rights expire 2 years after he was drafted. I don't remember if it's July 1st or another day in the summer (may be June 1st?)

His AHL contract has no bearing on his rights, AFAIK.

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
He was never signed to an ELC and played in the CHL (not on loan) so his rights expire 2 years after he was drafted. I don't remember if it's July 1st or another day in the summer (may be June 1st?)

His AHL contract has no bearing on his rights, AFAIK.
Disagree on the rights. He was drafted from a club outside of North America, therefore by the terms of the CBA his rights would be held for four years. However, specifically he was drafted from Russia and, due to the lack of a transfer agreement between the NHL and the Russian Hockey Federation, players drafted out of Russia have their rights held indefinitely (unless and until they sign an NHL SPC in which case their rights are dictated as normal per the CBA).

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Disagree on the rights. He was drafted from a club outside of North America, therefore by the terms of the CBA his rights would be held for four years. However, specifically he was drafted from Russia and, due to the lack of a transfer agreement between the NHL and the Russian Hockey Federation, players drafted out of Russia have their rights held indefinitely (unless and until they sign an NHL SPC in which case their rights are dictated as normal per the CBA).
So, then, despite the AHL Contract, you are saying we have his rights until we cut him loose or sign him to an NHL contract and it expires (pursuant to the CBA)?

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Bah, I need to stop using hockeydb for my lookups. It shows only his QMJHL, AHL and ECHL experience, so I assumed he was drafted out of the QMJHL. I should have known better to use eliteprospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad