Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I could see Glotov being top 5 in scoring... for Cincy. The kid has a long way to go in terms of his whole game. Yes, he was on a bad Q team, but being an overager and having a middling performance isn't an endorsement. His attitude and enthusiasm is commendable and it would be a special gift (or terrible failure) for him to be in the top 5 in scoring for the Amerks.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I could see Glotov being top 5 in scoring... for Cincy. The kid has a long way to go in terms of his whole game. Yes, he was on a bad Q team, but being an overager and having a middling performance isn't an endorsement. His attitude and enthusiasm is commendable and it would be a special gift (or terrible failure) for him to be in the top 5 in scoring for the Amerks.
His play during the prospect games doesn't sync with those numbers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That versus scoring on a consistent basis in the AHL are worlds apart.

Agreed. There’s also a big difference between summer day of camp and watching the kid as a 20-year-old OA in the Q, And be left wanting more. I love his attitude, I hope he succeeds, and I don’t see a top 6 AHL score at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
#LogoTourney | Voting is now open in @PhilHecken's bracket:
Logo Tournament • The Sin Bin

Here are the matchups: #2 @AmerksHockey vs #3 @Condors #4 and @MarinersOfMaine vs #8 @ToledoWalleye
Di5wcXBV4AUF7T0.jpg:small

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
They still seem pretty light when it comes to AHL veteran scoring.
They definitely will need Olofsson, Asplund and Oglevie to produce offensively right away. The depth at forward is excellent, though. It’s hard to even find a spot for Simpson, though I think some moves to clear out a forward or two will come eventually.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I count 16 legitimate AHL forwards right now that could realistically start in Rochester.

Kevin Porter
Kyle Criscuolo
Tage Thompson
Justin Bailey
Nick Baptiste
Victor Olofsson
Rasmus Asplund
Andrew Oglevie
Danny O’Regan
Alex Nylander
CJ Smith
Sean Malone
Tyler Randell
Wayne Simpson
Eric Cornel
Yannick Veilleux

I really can’t remember a time with so much quality depth at forward. There’s not a traditional AHL top 6 forward, but there’s enough young talent to make up for it.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I count 16 legitimate AHL forwards right now that could realistically start in Rochester.

Kevin Porter
Kyle Criscuolo
Tage Thompson
Justin Bailey
Nick Baptiste
Victor Olofsson
Rasmus Asplund
Andrew Oglevie
Danny O’Regan
Alex Nylander
CJ Smith
Sean Malone
Tyler Randell
Wayne Simpson
Eric Cornel
Yannick Veilleux

I really can’t remember a time with so much quality depth at forward. There’s not a traditional AHL top 6 forward, but there’s enough young talent to make up for it.

A couple of these guys have to go to Cincy, right? Veilleux? Cornel?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
A couple of these guys have to go to Cincy, right? Veilleux? Cornel?
Yes, just saying these are all AHL level players. In the past, during Regier’s last years and Murray, you could sometimes count on one hand the amount of quality AHL players on the team. Certainly never close to a full complement of forwards.

I’m guessing there will be an injury and maybe one trade, so maybe Baptiste or Thompson starts in Buffalo. I’d think Veilleux would be the first to go down to Cincinnati.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Okay I'm gonna do my best to draw up some lines for the Roch being that their my hometown team and I'm excited to see them play this year. I'm gonna assume that everyone that is waivers exempt besides Dahlin and Mitts will be starting down in the minors. I can't predict waivers but something tells me we're gonna see Bailey and Baptiste sent down, they may get claimed but I'll throw em in because I can dream. Obviously that may not be the case come October but we'll roll with it for now.

Smith - Asplund - Thompson
Olofsson - Porter - Nylander
Bailey - Oglevie - Baptiste
Malone - O'Reagan - Simpson
x Cornel, Glotov, Criscuolo, Veileux, Randall

Redmond - Guhle
Fedun - Pilut
Borgen - Paestch
x Hickey, Tennyson, Martin, Stevens

Wedgewood
Johansson
Wilcox

First impression is that this is a seriously deep lineup. Even if you sub out a few guys for call-ups and injuries and you've still got a very solid group. Thompson may start the season in Buffalo and Guhle is most likely to get called up later, which should open up a spot for Hickey later on. I suspect Wedgewood will get the nod over Johansson/Wilcox. I'm not confident that Baily/Baptiste will both be waived and clear waivers but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->