Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Pretty accurate, but Tennyson and Hickey will play over Paetsch. Wilcox will be the backup and Wedgewood is the unquestioned starter.

I believe it. We'll likely see all of them play a fair bit throughout the season anyways. I just gave Paetsch the benefit of the doubt going in seeing as they brought him back for a year.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Okay I'm gonna do my best to draw up some lines for the Roch being that their my hometown team and I'm excited to see them play this year. I'm gonna assume that everyone that is waivers exempt besides Dahlin and Mitts will be starting down in the minors. I can't predict waivers but something tells me we're gonna see Bailey and Baptiste sent down, they may get claimed but I'll throw em in because I can dream. Obviously that may not be the case come October but we'll roll with it for now.

Smith - Asplund - Thompson
Olofsson - Porter - Nylander
Bailey - Oglevie - Baptiste
Malone - O'Reagan - Simpson
x Cornel, Glotov, Criscuolo, Veileux, Randall

Redmond - Guhle
Fedun - Pilut
Borgen - Paestch
x Hickey, Tennyson, Martin, Stevens

Wedgewood
Johansson
Wilcox

First impression is that this is a seriously deep lineup. Even if you sub out a few guys for call-ups and injuries and you've still got a very solid group. Thompson may start the season in Buffalo and Guhle is most likely to get called up later, which should open up a spot for Hickey later on. I suspect Wedgewood will get the nod over Johansson/Wilcox. I'm not confident that Baily/Baptiste will both be waived and clear waivers but we'll see.

Well done. Thanks.
I’d like to see the Swedish line:

Olofsson - Asplund - Nylander

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Still wouldn't be surprised if Johan Larsson is an Amerk at some point this season.

I've had Larsson pencilled in as the 4th line center all summer but am starting to think he's on the outside looking in as he just doesn't have the speed Botts wants. If not Larsson than who?
Has anyone seen Oglevie play? Does he have wheels?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I've had Larsson pencilled in as the 4th line center all summer but am starting to think he's on the outside looking in as he just doesn't have the speed Botts wants. If not Larsson than who?
Has anyone seen Oglevie play? Does he have wheels?
Malone was at the top of the list before all the trades last year.

Reactions: Mitts888

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
@sabrefan27 and others - what's your guess on the number of "Murray's boys" who were on Roch last year but will be bumped down to Cincinnati, loaned, or shipped out?

Martin, Johansson, Karabacek, Moulson are givens... Any more?

About how many AHL-only deals have been signed so far? I'm counting ~7-8?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
@sabrefan27 and others - what's your guess on the number of "Murray's boys" who were on Roch last year but will be bumped down to Cincinnati, loaned, or shipped out?

Martin, Johansson, Karabacek, Moulson are givens... Any more?

About how many AHL-only deals have been signed so far? I'm counting ~7-8?
For forwards, I’ve got Dalton Smith, Glotov, Pascal Aquin, Karabacek, Yannick Veilleux and Myles Powell in Cincinnati. Possibly Cornel depending on how training camp shakes out. On defense, Brycen Martin, Devante Stephens, Tobie Paquette-Bisson and Arvin Atwal. Johansson in goal. Those aren’t all Murray guys, but that’s how it looks overall currently.

Reactions: brian_griffin

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
How does the vet limit look for Rochester? Are all those spots filled yet (assuming no surprise cuts from Buffalo right now).

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
How does the vet limit look for Rochester? Are all those spots filled yet (assuming no surprise cuts from Buffalo right now).
Overall, there’s quite a few veterans. They’re easily over the limit.

Porter
Redmond
Fedun
Tennyson
MacWilliam
Paetsch
Randell
D Smith

I think Smith starts in the ECHL. Paetsch is more of an injury fill in and depth player. And Randell looks like he’ll be in Rochester, but might get squeezed out of he lineup due to the depth. So they should be fine when it comes to actually dressing the 5 + 1 exempt. I’m not even sure they’re going to be able to dress both Tennyson and Fedun on defense if everyone is healthy, so they may actually be below the limit when it comes to an actual lineup.

Still hoping they trade either Tennyson or Fedun, preferably Tennyson. They have enough defensive depth and could use another proven scorer. Sexton mentioned they wanted to add more scoring at the golf tournament last week. I don’t see how unless they make a trade or they sign Casey Bailey, who is the last non vet scorer available.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
how quickly do these games sell out usually? I may be in rochester 9/30 pending a family member's post op at Strong. Can I wait until a few days or a week prior?

thanks

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
how quickly do these games sell out usually? I may be in rochester 9/30 pending a family member's post op at Strong. Can I wait until a few days or a week prior?

thanks
I’m not sure which game you’re referring to, but whether it’s preseason or the regular season, the games don’t sell out. Not even close.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The Athletic is doing "State of the Franchise" with AHL teams too, apparently. Nice to see some real Amerks coverage. Hopefully this continues - I already love my The Athletic subscription.

State of the Franchise: Rochester Amerks want payoff in...

As soon as they were hired last summer, Rochester’s new bosses promised a return to glory. General manager Randy Sexton and coach Chris Taylor talked of family, competitiveness and the playoffs.

It worked. The Amerks ended a three-year playoff drought last season, using talent and camaraderie to finish third in the American Hockey League’s North Division.
The satisfaction disappeared as quickly as the Amerks.

Rochester’s reward was a first-round matchup with Syracuse. Tampa Bay’s minor-leaguers trounced the Sabres’ prospects, sweeping the three-game series with ease.

“Clearly, the playoffs didn’t go the way we expected,” Sexton said this month. “When we put together our team this year, we fully expect that we’ll have at least as good a season as we did last year. Certainly anything short of a much better performance in the playoffs will be a disappointment.”

The Amerks believe they are on the right path. The next step is winning a playoff series, something the franchise hasn’t done since 2005. Rochester hasn’t played for the Calder Cup since 2000 and hasn’t won the AHL title since 1996.

“Last season went in many ways the way that we wanted it to,” Sexton said. “We made a good step forward in terms of creating the right culture. We still have some work to do there, but I think for the most part we’re well along our way.

“We created competition for spots. We created a much more positive environment. We created the work ethic and made improvements in many ways.”

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Welp. Cincinnati should be pretty good this year.

Nice for Judd! He was surprised to get an Amerks contract at the end of next year and it's nice to see him keep it going, even in Cincy. He really showed something his last Development Camp in 2017.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I see Peterson as an ECHL scrub at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad