Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

So the team will either be filled out with loans from other NHL teams or from ECHL level players. This thread also states that AHL veteran free agents will largely be be squeezed out.

(Maybe JS Dea will be the captain?!)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Candidates for the Amerks. A few of these players are candidates for Sabres main roster; a handful are candidates for the taxi squad.

Dea
Biro
Quinn
Cozens
R2
Mittlestadt
Murray
Olgevie
Dipietro
Dalton Smith
Franco, Dominic
Asplund
CJ Smith
Fogarty

Samuelsson
Davidson
Bryson
Borgen
Fitzgerald
Jones, Ryan

JJ
Tokarski
Houser

(I'm assuming prospects currently playing in Europe will stay there)

Last edited:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Not sure where to post this, nor if it’s been confirmed already:

I know we’ve confirmed that they can be stashed on the taxi squad and assigned to Europe if their season is cancelled, but not sure if we’ve had confirmation of AHL.
The tweet leaves some to be desired still, as it doesn’t specify if the league needs to be cancelled or just suspended.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Bakes retweeted this, if anyone missed it:

Edit: I see it’s in the training camp thread. Guess it belongs here too for posterity?

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
According to Patrick Williams Amerks are in the North Divison:

Binghamton (NJ), Hershey (Washington), Lehigh Valley (Philly), Rochester, Syracuse (TB), Utica (Vancouver/SL) and Wilkes Barre-Scranton (Pittsburgh).

3 teams opted out.

Rochester back in the same division as Hershey - old time rival.

Binghamton Devils moving to Newark, NJ for this season.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Amerks to open training camp on Friday in Rochester
The team did not announce its roster yet for training camp, but it is expected that a number of player who just took part in Buffalo's training camp will be in attendance. Some of those players include forwards Arttu Ruotsalainen, Andrew Oglevie, Brandon Biro, Steven Fogarty, Brett Murray and C.J. Smith, defensemen Jacob Bryson, Mattias Samuelsson, Casey Fitzgerald and Ryan Jones, as well as goalies Dustin Tokarski and Michael Houser.

Practice schedule is included in the article. UPL is expected to be there at some point.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yep. Right out of the USA Hockey handbook.........

Speaking of common interests..... I know you follow Jack Han. This tweet of his last night was dynamite......

I stopped following Han after I stopped coaching. I cleaned out a lot of stuff, email list, twitter follows, etc when I stopped. But this reminds me how good he is so I started following again.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad