Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Maybe one of our posters is one of Nuremberg's North American contacts
Ice Tigers head coach Frank Fischöder on the new signing with the shirt number 20: “With Eric Cornel we were able to bring an AHL player to Nuremberg who is a seasoned AHL player despite his young age. Eric is a tall, strong attacking and fast center forward who now wants to take off in Europe. Everything that we saw of him while scouting and that we heard about him from our contacts in North America absolutely convinced us. We are really looking forward to him and are sure that he will strengthen us. "

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Maybe one of our posters is one of Nuremberg's North American contacts
Ice Tigers head coach Frank Fischöder on the new signing with the shirt number 20: “With Eric Cornel we were able to bring an AHL player to Nuremberg who is a seasoned AHL player despite his young age. Eric is a tall, strong attacking and fast center forward who now wants to take off in Europe. Everything that we saw of him while scouting and that we heard about him from our contacts in North America absolutely convinced us. We are really looking forward to him and are sure that he will strengthen us. "
God damn, I thought it was a phishing email. Cheeky bastards.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Cincinnati opting out is unfortunate. Both for the hockey fans there and for us. Specifically, for UPL.

Assuming that Ullmark and Hutton are in Buffalo and JJ and Tokarski are in Rochester.........no room at the inn.

Although, if the NHL is going to allow expanded rosters, I'd bet on JJ and UPL in Rochester and then Tokarski up with Buffalo........or maybe some sort of rotation between Tokarski/JJ/UPL.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Cincinnati opting out is unfortunate. Both for the hockey fans there and for us. Specifically, for UPL.

Assuming that Ullmark and Hutton are in Buffalo and JJ and Tokarski are in Rochester.........no room at the inn.

Although, if the NHL is going to allow expanded rosters, I'd bet on JJ and UPL in Rochester and then Tokarski up with Buffalo........or maybe some sort of rotation between Tokarski/JJ/UPL.
I have a feeling that the ECHL is unlikely to complete the season, so it’s smart for teams to get out in front of it.
The economics of the league are poor during a regular season and I think they’ll play a handful of games, more teams will withdraw after they realize the logistics are a nightmare, and the league will eventually get to a point that a season no longer makes sense.

As for the goalies, I see it this way:

Buffalo - Ullmark
Hutton
Tokarski

Rochester - JJ
Houser
ECHL FA (a guy like Gahagen comes to mind)

Ideally, UPL gets loaned to an AHL team that needs a starter or wants a platoon setup, allowing him to get the minutes he needs. A team like Chicago (now affiliated with Carolina, so maybe Adams can pull some strings), looks like a spot that may have an opening.

Reactions: Dex and joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

This is the first post in a thread he started yesterday. He has several tweets with a ton of info about the AHL’s attempts to get up and running. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

This is the first post in a thread he started yesterday. He has several tweets with a ton of info about the AHL’s attempts to get up and running. I highly recommend it.

He states in his thread that with no fans some teams may play games in a practice facility to save cost. Do the Amerks even need to play in Rochester? Can they play at HarborCenter? Other teams would have to travel farther, so I could see this as a roadblock to getting it approved.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He states in his thread that with no fans some teams may play games in a practice facility to save cost. Do the Amerks even need to play in Rochester? Can they play at HarborCenter? Other teams would have to travel farther, so I could see this as a roadblock to getting it approved.

Those are good questions and I have no answers. :laugh:

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Around the AHL: The NHL's top developmental league fights to save its season - EP Rinkside[

Other NHL-AHL affiliations see a different path, particularly to control safety, travel time, and costs. Such a move might also mean shrinking the postseason considerably.
“Our feeling that we share with Tampa is to play a minimal amount of games,” Dolgon said in his fan town hall. “Two games a week, maybe 26 to 32 games, total.”
“My belief, and it’s a strong belief, is that this is a season to develop players, and that’s it.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Doesn't sound good for an AHL season. (If Jack Quinn can be assigned overseas because of no OHL season, then AHL should be an option too).

AHL BOG meets today. So we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad