Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, so what is going on with these Botterill teams and these agonizingly long losing streaks? Seems like a pattern.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, so what is going on with these Botterill teams and these agonizingly long losing streaks? Seems like a pattern.

Poor design. He didn't get them the vet AHL-level scoring they needed and hasn't found exempt status talent to feed into the roster. Then there is the inconsistency of the goaltending - which is also a similarity with the Sabres - that started the spin.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lazar pilut mitts and Wilson have something to do w it.. Ill say lazar..

Followers of the team don't put that much stock in it being Lazar's absence, nor in Pilut's. The goaltending has not been solid and they didn't acquire enough offense to overcome having a bunch of 2-way wingers taking up their vet slots instead of consistent AHL scorers. They haven't had a top-line AHL center in... well... COR or maybe Varone? But still, neither one sticks out and it's been a long time. They have a lot of pluggers and not a lot of scoring talent.

The bloom is also off Taylor as the coach. The comments on Friday about the single point rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, myself included.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Followers of the team don't put that much stock in it being Lazar's absence, nor in Pilut's. The goaltending has not been solid and they didn't acquire enough offense to overcome having a bunch of 2-way wingers taking up their vet slots instead of consistent AHL scorers. They haven't had a top-line AHL center in... well... COR or maybe Varone? But still, neither one sticks out and it's been a long time. They have a lot of pluggers and not a lot of scoring talent.

The bloom is also off Taylor as the coach. The comments on Friday about the single point rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, myself included.
What did he say?
Mine ended a bit with the first round sweep last year.
I guess it put a dent in the Rochester being managed well narrative plus Taylor should be an actual NHL HC.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What did he say?
Mine ended a bit with the first round sweep last year.
I guess it put a dent in the Rochester being managed well narrative plus Taylor should be an actual NHL HC.

That was loss... five?... and it was a moral victory. They then were worse each of the next two games.

Reactions: Fearnot

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

I'm not sure I'm ready to subject myself to another soap opera .. Only started payimg attention this year and was only looking for people to poach for sabres .. I appreciate the insight .. I wondered if losing granato subjected sabres to taylor.. I really dont know enough and can only speculate .. Apparently poorly.

Anyway love how lazar showed every amerk how to make the big club. I admit to watching Casey hopefully fight back and find his confidence and force his way up but i have no idea if this will happen.. Three back and a trade would really weed out passengers. One can dream.

Thanks.. Kinda pissed I'm off to look for Taylor Friday press.. I just cant help trying to understand the personalities around our team.

Edit.. Excuses and moral victories are tough to swallow from certain people.. I was surprised how RK rescued the sabres from Tampa debacle.. That was impressive.. I dont think taylor has the empathy to pull off a Krueger.. Who knows i was dead wrong about sabres not giving up after lightning..

Last edited:

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
They’re still 3rd in the division because they’ve been pretty good up until this point. It is quite the tailspin, though.

It’s quite obviously the Mittelstadt effect. They were on a 3 game win streak until he arrived. Since then they’ve only won 3 of 14.

(That’s sarcasm).

Reactions: Buffaloed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That was a good one.

I love how they were stretching to come up with a fight that they have had as roommates and the best they could come up with was whether they needed to vacuum again.

Hickey’s resemblance to Matt Moulson continues a to uncannily weird me out. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Samsonite23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad