Rochester Americans / Cincinnati Cyclones Season Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
My first Amerks game this season, made the trek down the 90....

Well Fitzgerald played forward a few shifts, and he got hit in part, because he was in an unfamiliar position. Still, Alzner (who sucks even at the AHL level know) got his azz handed to him by Smith.

Redmond and Johanssen (nor surprise) were the two best Amerks tonight, and I suspect they have been all season.

Mittelstadt showed virtually nothing. If The Sabres were to make a trade and include him, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Maybe just a bad game for him? I doubt it.

Prior to the game, Jim Kelly had a line halfway around the corridor waiting to try and get an autograph.

The music has gotten beyond awful at Blue Cross. Effin terrible. Absolute Shizzle. In the third they played Rebel Yell and Cotton Eyed Joe back to back (while straightening out the penalties). Crowd was into both.

Then they proceeded to play the chit crap again, killed the crowd. Somebody needs to wake up and watch the crowds reaction to what is played - because clearly they don't.

Did I mention the music sucked?

Reactions: Icicle

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
My first Amerks game this season, made the trek down the 90....

Well Fitzgerald played forward a few shifts, and he got hit in part, because he was in an unfamiliar position. Still, Alzner (who sucks even at the AHL level know) got his azz handed to him by Smith.

Redmond and Johanssen (nor surprise) were the two best Amerks tonight, and I suspect they have been all season.

Mittelstadt showed virtually nothing. If The Sabres were to make a trade and include him, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Maybe just a bad game for him? I doubt it.

Prior to the game, Jim Kelly had a line halfway around the corridor waiting to try and get an autograph.

The music has gotten beyond awful at Blue Cross. Effin terrible. Absolute Shizzle. In the third they played Rebel Yell and Cotton Eyed Joe back to back (while straightening out the penalties). Crowd was into both.

Then they proceeded to play the chit crap again, killed the crowd. Somebody needs to wake up and watch the crowds reaction to what is played - because clearly they don't.

Did I mention the music sucked?
I, dead honest, have never really noticed the music in the ~ 100 games I have been to in and outside of Buffalo.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Question: I just got a smart tv and a Roku box and see that AHLTV is available and I'm interested in subscribing. If I did the monthly plan does my service run for a 30 day period or if I signed up today I would pay $20 for the 7 or so days left in the month and then get billed again on February 1st?

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Mitts still playing wing?

If Mitts is playing wing in the AHL then this team has failed. The brain trust saw him as ROR’s replacement at C last season and here we are a year later and he isn’t even being developed as a centre in the AHL. If true, that just reeks of the lack of talent evaluation which has crippled this organization for a decade.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
If Mitts is playing wing in the AHL then this team has failed. The brain trust saw him as ROR’s replacement at C last season and here we are a year later and he isn’t even being developed as a centre in the AHL. If true, that just reeks of the lack of talent evaluation which has crippled this organization for a decade.
No duh?

Reactions: Fearnot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No they didn’t. Honestly this nonsense should have died awhile back. They were never expecting Mitts to be the 2C in his rookie season to replace ROR.

The f*** up with Mitts was thinking he was NHL ready. It starts and ends there. We don’t need to make up things to make it worse than it already is.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I have seen nothing from him since we drafted him that tells me he will make it as a center in the NHL. He is likely to play one line higher on the wing than center. He has always looked like a disaster on faceoffs. To me he is on the same path as Sam only not as good a player. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see that competitive edge in him that drives players to give 110% and constantly work to become better and more dominating.

As a side note, many on these boards have said you draft centers because if they don't make it at center they can still make it at wing. So if Casey does make it as a solid middle six winger, will it really have been a failed draft pick? Only based on an unreasonable expectation created with the ROR trade.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
I have seen nothing from him since we drafted him that tells me he will make it as a center in the NHL. He is likely to play one line higher on the wing than center. He has always looked like a disaster on faceoffs. To me he is on the same path as Sam only not as good a player. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see that competitive edge in him that drives players to give 110% and constantly work to become better and more dominating.

As a side note, many on these boards have said you draft centers because if they don't make it at center they can still make it at wing. So if Casey does make it as a solid middle six winger, will it really have been a failed draft pick? Only based on an unreasonable expectation created with the ROR trade.
I think we can expect him to be 'next gen' log line type if he gets 10x better along the boards.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

depending on how you are layering your draft picks...I kid...

I feel he will develop just like other prospects we have gotten rid of, he’ll turn into a bottom 6 player with pedestrian numbers without coming close to the potential he had.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

Sam scored 23 goals his rookie season. Casey scored 25 points. Sam was dominant in the WHL, good as a rookie in the NHL and continues to get better. Casey had a decent freshman season in college, and has been very bad in the NHL for a season and a half while not showing much if any improvement. I realize you said "not as a good a player" but whether at center or wing, there is nothing similar about their paths.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Sam scored 23 goals his rookie season. Casey scored 25 points. Sam was dominant in the WHL, good as a rookie in the NHL and continues to get better. Casey had a decent freshman season in college, and has been very bad in the NHL for a season and a half while not showing much if any improvement. I realize you said "not as a good a player" but whether at center or wing, there is nothing similar about their paths.
The only path similarity I was making was the potential path from struggling at center to making it on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad