Rochester Americans: 2016-17 Season - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Asplund may be an outside possibility.

And we can probably throw Sean Malone in as a maybe, as well, depending on what his course schedule looks like at Harvard in his final semester. For all we know, he may have completed his degree requirements so that he could focus on hockey for his final semester.

I have little doubt he gets a contract, I'm just not sure he plays in Rochester before season's end.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
And we can probably throw Sean Malone in as a maybe, as well, depending on what his course schedule looks like at Harvard in his final semester. For all we know, he may have completed his degree requirements so that he could focus on hockey for his final semester.

I have little doubt he gets a contract, I'm just not sure he plays in Rochester before season's end.

Malone could be playing late into the postseason.

Hurley might be available sooner since ND probably isn't gonna make the tournament. Though whether Hurley gets a contract could be interesting.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Malone could be playing late into the postseason.

Hurley might be available sooner since ND probably isn't gonna make the tournament. Though whether Hurley gets a contract could be interesting.

Hurley's been ruled out for the rest of Notre Dame's season with an undisclosed issue. So he could conceivably go back for his senior season.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Do we think Stephens gets a contract? Hasn't he been pretty underwhelming?

Prior to this year, yes. Stephens' obvious physical talent has finally begun to turn into quality hockey this year. He isnt a lock to be an NHL regular, but he's better than a bunch of what we got in Rochester right now. I'd be surprised if he didn't get a contract.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Do we think Stephens gets a contract? Hasn't he been pretty underwhelming?

Prior to this year, yes. Stephens' obvious physical talent has finally begun to turn into quality hockey this year. He isnt a lock to be an NHL regular, but he's better than a bunch of what we got in Rochester right now. I'd be surprised if he didn't get a contract.

He'll get a contract if for no other reason than his physical tools and connection to Lambert. Contract slots aren't at a premium at the moment, anyways.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Amerks now in last place in the AHL with tonight's loss. Sad state of affairs for what was once a cornerstone franchise in that league.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Can someone give me an update on how Hudson Fasching is doing? Is he playing? How is the "eye test" looking?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Can someone give me an update on how Hudson Fasching is doing? Is he playing? How is the "eye test" looking?

Very disappointing. Not sure if he's still injured but he looks nothing like a top prospect. Just a run of the mill AHLer. Him and Nylander and just been so disappointing to me, especially as I was excited to see them this season. Non factors entirely.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Very disappointing. Not sure if he's still injured but he looks nothing like a top prospect. Just a run of the mill AHLer. Him and Nylander and just been so disappointing to me, especially as I was excited to see them this season. Non factors entirely.

That was bound to happen, just way to much hype not just on him but other new guys coming in. Expectations are always out of whack.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@SabresProspects - Eric Cornel scores on the PP. Nylander gets one of the assists. Cornel's fifth goal and first since 12/10. Nylander's 20th point.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@AmerksHockey - Alexander Nylander gives the #Amerks a 2-1 lead with his 6th of the season! Fedun and Schneider each recorded assists on the tally. #BNGvsRCH

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Next Amerks Game - Wednesday, February 22 vs Utica Comets - 7:05 pm ET - KeyBank Center - Buffalo, NY. TV - LIVE on MSG Network.
If you want to attend and want to save some cash - I have my two tickets available for sale - $12 total.
Cheapest price ticket is $10 each so you are saving $8 total. I can send the tickets via email.
(If you need more than two tickets, I can see if the season ticket holders near me are using their tickets.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad