Rochester Americans: 2016-17 Season - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Very disappointing. Not sure if he's still injured but he looks nothing like a top prospect. Just a run of the mill AHLer. Him and Nylander and just been so disappointing to me, especially as I was excited to see them this season. Non factors entirely.

Thank you SF27, much appreciated. I guess he may turn into a project, but only time will tell

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I have 22 tickets for this game on Wednesday.....

You have 22 season tickets? (as Buffalo Sabres season ticket holders got their seats for free this game.)

If anyone wants to attend and needs two tickets - I have my pair available - send me your email via a pm - won't cost ya anything.
(Although I won't stop ya if you throw some cash my way - LOL! Go Amerks!)

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
You have 22 season tickets? (as Buffalo Sabres season ticket holders got their seats for free this game.)

Haha I don't have anything...the company I work for has a private suite and 4 seasons...and I get stuck with the tickets most games as it's a pretty small company lol. I'm just trying to unload some of them right now.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Was Hudson Fasching a healthy scratch for Sunday's game?

Right Wing Hudson Fasching started the season with the Sabres, who sent him to the Amerks in mid-October.
He played just two games before suffering a severe groin injury that kept him out for nearly three months.

He sat out Sunday’s game because of lingering effects of the injury.
He has no points in his last eight games and three goals and one assist in 17 games overall.

“There is still some discomfort with his injury, but I think he is learning to become a pro,” Lambert said.
“Consistency is something. For example, when he was in Buffalo at the start of the year and they sent him down for two games, he was outstanding.
He was really, really good in those two games. He played his game. He was physical in the sense of a bull down low with the puck.
He was protecting the puck. He was doing great on the penalty kill, where he was blocking shots.
He was paying the price. He was really good on the wall, which is where he needs to be.

“Then he got hurt, and A) he’s never been hurt, and then B) it was an area that his skating took a bit of a tumble.
He’s slowing starting to find his game again and his feet again.
When you’re dealing with a young man that’s never been hurt before, he’s worried about it because it did affect his game.”

http://buffalonews.com/2017/02/21/amerks-inexperience-evident-record-stats/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Does anyone know where I can watch the game tonight? I heard it was on MSG but I don't think Directv gets it.

If you have DirectTV, you should get MSG Network and be able to watch the game. Its DISH Network that doesn't have MSG Network.

Now it should be on every version of MSG Network as there are no Rangers/Islanders/Devils or Knicks games on tonight.

If anyone wants two tickets - FREE - send me your email address via PM. Deadline to send will be 4:00 pm ET. Go Amerks!

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
4 tix to the game tonight for whoever wants them for free. I can leave them at will call, PM if interested.

sabres1212

Mar 31, 2016
Buffalo, NY
If you have DirectTV, you should get MSG Network and be able to watch the game. Its DISH Network that doesn't have MSG Network.

Now it should be on every MSG Network as there are no Rangers/Islanders/Devils or Knicks games on tonight.

thanks just checked it is on MSG. Its on a different MSG than what the Sabres are usually on.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Rochester perennially out of the playoffs pisses me off - hoping we sign Borgen and/or Fitzgerald and would be nice to see them play a couple rounds of AHL playoff hockey, good for all the prospects.

Wawrow watched his 1st Amerks game tonight and seemed bewildered at how bad they looked. By their standards it was a pretty good game. Baptiste was their best player tonight, Brady Austin had a good game - always seen him as nothing but an AHLer, still do, but think he may actually improve enough to be a callup in an emergency.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Went to the game.

I think the talent is there overall. It's the system and execution that's the issue.

Some of the same issues the Sabres have, I see the Amerks having too.

1st period they looked good I thought.

2nd and 3rd were low motivation and poor poor passes. I saw several no look passes that were easily grabbed by Utica. Stupid decisions.

I thought Utica was the better team overall and probably should have won. But I'm glad Cal O'Reilly was the hero in OT.

The way some make it sound, you'd think the team was chock full of bottom 6 AHL scrubs. Not so. It's not the talent/roster. Sure they could use one or two more talented guys. What team doesn't? It's other things.

Nylander, although I understand he's a rookie and is developing, and overall I give him a pass, I was hoping for more jump and enthusiasm from him. He didn't seem overly engaged. Let him marinate the rest of the season, and quite possibly all next season. Get him hungry and stronger.

Ullmark looked dialed in for the most part.

Bailey looked good, but didn't stand out as a "omg he needs to be a Sabre the rest of the season" good. He needs a little more polish to his game before making the big club full time.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Went to the game.

I think the talent is there overall. It's the system and execution that's the issue.

Some of the same issues the Sabres have, I see the Amerks having too.

1st period they looked good I thought.

2nd and 3rd were low motivation and poor poor passes. I saw several no look passes that were easily grabbed by Utica. Stupid decisions.

I thought Utica was the better team overall and probably should have won. But I'm glad Cal O'Reilly was the hero in OT.

The way some make it sound, you'd think the team was chock full of bottom 6 AHL scrubs. Not so. It's not the talent/roster. Sure they could use one or two more talented guys. What team doesn't? It's other things.

Nylander, although I understand he's a rookie and is developing, and overall I give him a pass, I was hoping for more jump and enthusiasm from him. He didn't seem overly engaged. Let him marinate the rest of the season, and quite possibly all next season. Get him hungry and stronger.

Ullmark looked dialed in for the most part.

Bailey looked good, but didn't stand out as a "omg he needs to be a Sabre the rest of the season" good. He needs a little more polish to his game before making the big club full time.
They absolute do not have the talent, but I'm not going to sit and argue all day about it. They have middling talent. And that's only because 3 guys were sent down for the Sabres bye week. Without them, they are very clearly one of the least talented teams in the league.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@AmerksHockey -

Tie game!! Hudson Fasching buries his fourth of the season from Paul Geiger with 5:17 to play in the first period. #UTIvsRCH

#Amerks goal!! Vaclav Karabacek's second goal in the past two games and third of the campaign with 8:32 left in the second period. 2-1 #Amerks. #UTIvsRCH

Captain Cal (Cal O'Reilly) wins it!! twenty-four seconds into the overtime period with his ninth goal of the season! #Amerks Win 3-2!!!

#Amerks improve to 5-1-0-0 in their six games all-time in Buffalo with Captain Cals overtime winner!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
They absolute do not have the talent, but I'm not going to sit and argue all day about it. They have middling talent. And that's only because 3 guys were sent down for the Sabres bye week. Without them, they are very clearly one of the least talented teams in the league.

And after years of seeing (and will continue to see) 90% of your posts about the Amerks are negative and fatalistic, I know you are not a level headed objective fan to take seriously your analysis of all things Amerks. A few others on here who watch and go to Amerks I have more faith in a true measured account of the team. I rarely rarely see you compliment a player or a win. You fall quite silent if there is praise and compliments to be had for something good Amerks related. So I can't take you seriously. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees this. In fact I know I'm not. If you could be more split in your negative and positive comments, I could rely on you as a good source for Amerks news. Not gonna happen though. It's not you. I get it. The team doesn't have to be winning in order to find good things to say about players and the team once in a while.

Granted, this year they are playing poorly. But I won't agree it's mainly because of talent. A part? Sure.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
And after years of seeing (and will continue to see) 90% of your posts about the Amerks are negative and fatalistic, I know you are not a level headed objective fan to take seriously your analysis of all things Amerks. A few others on here who watch and go to Amerks I have more faith in a true measured account of the team. I rarely rarely see you compliment a player or a win. You fall quite silent if there is praise and compliments to be had for something good Amerks related. So I can't take you seriously. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees this. In fact I know I'm not. If you could be more split in your negative and positive comments, I could rely on you as a good source for Amerks news. Not gonna happen though. It's not you. I get it. The team doesn't have to be winning in order to find good things to say about players and the team once in a while.

Granted, this year they are playing poorly. But I won't agree it's mainly because of talent. A part? Sure.
Thanks for your opinion. They haven't won a playoff series in a decade. But in the future, I'll fake a nice rosy picture just for you.

I post almost entirely about wins and losses and how they are as a team, rarely about prospects. This is nothing new. They have been terrible for a long time. Even when they made the playoffs with Regier, they were not a good team. They haven't had a legitimately good team since 2004-2005.

toejam56

May 2, 2013
Witness protection

Agree. The whole thing. Thank you.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Liked Baptiste forechecking that defenseman into a mistake, which led to the OT winner.

As for the talent discussion, they're much like their parent club: pretty good forward corps, but an entirely insufficient blueline, especially given that Falk and Fedun have spent a majority of their respective seasons in Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00