Rochester Americans: 2016-17 Season - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Anyone think Murray should assign someone to be GM of the Amerks? Maybe he cant handle both jobs.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Anyone think Murray should assign someone to be GM of the Amerks? Maybe he cant handle both jobs.

100%. He can't handle both jobs. He can I guess, but the product suffers. Jody Gage is still employed by the Amerks in a fluff role and still would be a good hire if he was given some actual power.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
100%. He can't handle both jobs. He can I guess, but the product suffers. Jody Gage is still employed by the Amerks in a fluff role and still would be a good hire if he was given some actual power.

I'd love to have Gage back. His ability to turn up gems from other leagues always stood out to me.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well it's wasn't. I don't get the sabrefan27 hate when Rochester is a god awful team

What's even more ridiculous is the complaining about the Sabres on this very board is so much worse than mine. God forbid I criticize the Sabres because they haven't won a playoff series in Rochester since 2005. 2005!

But then you get told to "know your place" and they're just a minor league team. I am entitled to the same thoughts as you are.

So yeah, sorry for still being annoyed that the Amerks top signing of the offseason didn't actually get assigned to Rochester until February when they're already quite a ways out of the playoff picture. Again.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What's even more ridiculous is the complaining about the Sabres on this very board is so much worse than mine. God forbid I criticize the Sabres because they haven't won a playoff series in Rochester since 2005. 2005!

But then you get told to "know your place" and they're just a minor league team. I am entitled to the same thoughts as you are.

So yeah, sorry for still being annoyed that the Amerks top signing of the offseason didn't actually get assigned to Rochester until February when they're already quite a ways out of the playoff picture. Again.

It's ridiculous because you repeatedly fail to come to grasp with the number of call ups due to injuries that were out of anyone's control. You keep beating this drum that Murray did nothing to help rochester which is just flat out not true. He attempted to add grant, fedun, falk (or Nelson depending who won the 7th dman spot...or both if you believed that heavily in guhle), burgdoerfor, nylander, and was poised to graduate past high picks like karabacek and cornel. Not to mention he was giving rochester at least two of baptiste, bailey, and Fasching to rochester if not all three. Kasdorf was supposed to bring a potential 1a 1b goalie situation but has subsequently sucked. To add to the potential defensive depth he brought in Bennet and strachan...Murray made a huge late season trade to bring top ahl scorer Cole Schneider to the amerks and attempted to shake up the core looking for new results...

The moves and attempts were there and we're derailed by injuries in buffalo as well as by a few guys really underperforming.

You simply won't accept that this team is drastically different from the team put on the ice the year or two beforehand.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
That doesn't mean they haven't still sucked but it wasn't due to lack of effort to change the makeup of the team.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's ridiculous because you repeatedly fail to come to grasp with the number of call ups due to injuries that were out of anyone's control. You keep beating this drum that Murray did nothing to help rochester which is just flat out not true. He attempted to add grant, fedun, falk (or Nelson depending who won the 7th dman spot...or both if you believed that heavily in guhle), burgdoerfor, nylander, and was poised to graduate past high picks like karabacek and cornel. Not to mention he was giving rochester at least two of baptiste, bailey, and Fasching to rochester if not all three. Kasdorf was supposed to bring a potential 1a 1b goalie situation but has subsequently sucked. To add to the potential defensive depth he brought in Bennet and strachan...Murray made a huge late season trade to bring top ahl scorer Cole Schneider to the amerks and attempted to shake up the core looking for new results...

The moves and attempts were there and we're derailed by injuries in buffalo as well as by a few guys really underperforming.

You simply won't accept that this team is drastically different from the team put on the ice the year or two beforehand.

That doesn't mean they haven't still sucked but it wasn't due to lack of effort to change the makeup of the team.

Stop bursting the "everything Amerks and Murray sucks" agenda.

Granted, more could have, should have been done. But Murray did quite a bit as you laid out.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Murray has done nothing extraordinary to help the Amerks and has, on some occasions, done less than ordinary. The idea that Amerks fans should feel grateful for that is beyond patronizing.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Agreed. The Sabres have neglected Rochester ever since they bought them. I really thought the whole purpose of buying the Amerks was to really grow the Buffalo Sabres organization into the model franchise, a team that won and spared no expense while becoming the innovators and team that everyone wanted to emulate. I really thought they would have went for the best coaches and personnel for Rochester to foster a winning environment for the young players that would cycle through there on the way to the big club.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Murray has done nothing extraordinary to help the Amerks and has, on some occasions, done less than ordinary. The idea that Amerks fans should feel grateful for that is beyond patronizing.

I'm not a fan the way the Amerks have been handled since Murray took over. That being said....the constant injury based callups have not have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad