Robin Lehner Appreciation Thread

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Offer him $7m for 6 years. There are only three goalies making more than that currently per season (Lundqvist, Bob, and Price), and there are real arguments to be had that those three aren't/weren't worth their current deals.

Reactions: Drumman44

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
i mean teams should be more careful when giving him a contract i dont really know how that can be argued. it sucks but its the reality of the situation. pardoning him for substance abuse and mental illness was def not how that should have been written tho.

You continue to astound.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Most folks would not call last night's game a goalie steal but Lehner's brilliant play at 2 - 0 kept this game in hand. I particularly loved his old school stacked pad with glove on top to thwart a Duclair attempt from point-blank range. I reckon if Sens went up by 3 this game was out of reach.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
i mean teams should be more careful when giving him a contract i dont really know how that can be argued. it sucks but its the reality of the situation. pardoning him for substance abuse and mental illness was def not how that should have been written tho.
Wow.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He's a keeper. I hope Chicago gives him a nice, long term contract. He has clearly grown from understanding his stigma, functioning in this society. He's wiser than many people and he's a really good goaltender. Chicago gave him a new chance and the franchise should praise themselves by giving him a long term contract.

Added bonus: He still hates to fail. You want that in a goaltender. He went berserk when he allowed the second goal in a 5-2 game. That's a really good sign. He's wise, but he certainly hasn't lost his hate to lose.

Considering how dominated the Hawks have been this season and the stability Lehner has given, it's a no brainer to keep him for as long as you can.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

you think thats how that should have been phrased? or are you mad about something else i said?

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Offer him $7m for 6 years. There are only three goalies making more than that currently per season (Lundqvist, Bob, and Price), and there are real arguments to be had that those three aren't/weren't worth their current deals.

I would rather do 8.0 or 8.5 over 5 years.

6 years is to long a term IMO, I really I would want 4 but would be okay with 5

Reactions: LDF

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
To me it honestly seems like Lehner wants a term commitment more than money.

I wonder if you could get him on a longer term deal that keeps the AAV lower. I’m not a huge fan of giving goalies long term deals but Lehner is only 28 and you’re paying mostly for the prime years. It’s something to consider if you can get the AAV low enough.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If this is his cost I walk away.

4-5 years 6 million AAV.

1 major point in all this, who of the Bhawks goalie prospects is ready to step in and be the teams #1 starting goalie ??

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
1 major point in all this, who of the Bhawks goalie prospects is ready to step in and be the teams #1 starting goalie ??

Or other free agents. Just because we don't have a prospect ready does not mean we need to overpay for another goalie.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Or other free agents. Just because we don't have a prospect ready does not mean we need to overpay for another goalie.
good point, for a goalie of Lehner talent, what would the going price be ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
btw on a second thought, i wish i remember the site, but there was talk of the quality of the goalie this off-season and on a whole they not being worth the going money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad