Robin Lehner Appreciation Thread

d rake

Jan 7, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
Just looked and couldn't find one for him which surprised me.

The brightest spot on this team so far this year.

EIgG16GWwAAEdI6

Last edited:

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Lehner has been to solid. I will always love CC, but I'm glad we finally have an actual starting goaltender after how unstable the position has been the last couple years. The rest of the team plays with a lot more confidence in front of him too.

Also I'd say this is the first appreciation thread we've had in a while that actually feels warranted....don't hurt me @Kevin Musto :sarcasm:

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
he has been great now for multiple seasons. the guy is doubtless the real deal.

Reactions: d rake

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's been great, but good enough to warrant his own appreciation thread? I dunno about that...

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
My favorite dude before he signed here. Hope he stays a hawk forever

Reactions: 21

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I really hope the Blackhawks are good enough for him re-sign. Rocky keep the muffins, or whatever perks the players get, coming.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Dudes awesome on and off the ice. Whatever downsides you want to bring up about this organization being player friendly it was a big reason he signed here and I think it’s a big reason he’ll stay. Four years 5.5. He’s paid, he’s happy, and we’ve got a steal.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Dudes awesome on and off the ice. Whatever downsides you want to bring up about this organization being player friendly it was a big reason he signed here and I think it’s a big reason he’ll stay. Four years 5.5. He’s paid, he’s happy, and we’ve got a steal.
I'd give him 6 years for 5m per. Same dollars he's currently making, but he's locked up and has long term stability for the first time in his career.

But I agree, the guy has been a steal, and while I think he'd probably prefer having a strong team in front of him, I do get the sense he likes the organization and the city. If he sticks around long enough, we'll more than likely get him some post-season action, just might have to wait a year or two.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This is one appreciation thread that's actually appropriate.

Lehner is HUGE. Can he play quarterback?

UVMyVb4s_400x400.jpg

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'd give him 6 years for 5m per. Same dollars he's currently making, but he's locked up and has long term stability for the first time in his career.

But I agree, the guy has been a steal, and while I think he'd probably prefer having a strong team in front of him, I do get the sense he likes the organization and the city. If he sticks around long enough, we'll more than likely get him some post-season action, just might have to wait a year or two.
With his past off the ice struggles, I think he need a team that wants him. The fans want him. The Hawks need him. Plus our organization has a reputation of taking care of our own. We did it for Crow the past 2 years.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
With his past off the ice struggles, I think he need a team that wants him. The fans want him. The Hawks need him. Plus our organization has a reputation of taking care of our own. We did it for Crow the past 2 years.
This is kinda what I think as well. The guy has faced some real struggles in his past, what with his mental illnesses, so I honestly think he just wants to play in a place that he feels appreciated and welcomed. Winning's a plus, but the guy just wants to be happy and I think we might be a fit for that; Hawks fans have quickly grown to appreciate him after only a month.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This is kinda what I think as well. The guy has faced some real struggles in his past, what with his mental illnesses, so I honestly think he just wants to play in a place that he feels appreciated and welcomed. Winning's a plus, but the guy just wants to be happy and I think we might be a fit for that; Hawks fans have quickly grown to appreciate him after only a month.
I have a lot of friends who are from the Island and are Islander fans. Even though they play in Brooklyn (soon to probably move back to the Island for good) ... they practice in Long Island. They are the only team in town. It's like living in a fish bowl. My friends used to tell me Rick DiPietro had it tough on the Island. Lehner can live a big city with a huge fan base ... while most Chicagoans won't recognize him off the ice.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Hopefully you won't mind Isles fans chiming in. Lehner is a great goalie and I hope you guys sign him long-term! The guy has two fan bases pulling for him and I think he is going to end up being the #1 with most of the starts when all is said and done this season. The guy has shown he has what it takes to handle the pressure and he really loves the fans.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hopefully you won't mind Isles fans chiming in. Lehner is a great goalie and I hope you guys sign him long-term! The guy has two fan bases pulling for him and I think he is going to end up being the #1 with most of the starts when all is said and done this season. The guy has shown he has what it takes to handle the pressure and he really loves the fans.
He's quickly gaining fans around here. Love Crow, but with his age and injury history, he hasn't been the sharpest out there. But Lehner has been everything we could want in a starter and more. Every game he's played here so far has been a good performance.

Also, his post-game interviews and his twitter account are top tier entertainment.

Reactions: d rake

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is one appreciation thread that's actually appropriate.

Lehner is HUGE. Can he play quarterback?

UVMyVb4s_400x400.jpg

Quarterback? Might want to line him up opposite Mack...

Very few goalies are intimidating. As a goal scorer....Lehner is one of the most intimidating guys I have ever seen. He's the absolute last guy I would ever want to face 1 on 1. He looks like a guy that might step out of the net, and put you through the ice, if you mishandled the puck, or came in on him with your head down.

Lock this guy up please. Between his play on the ice, and his personality off the ice, this is a guy you want around the team 24/7.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Been a fan for some time, nice to see him doing well and being appreciated. I might jump on the bandwagon if you make the playoff! ;) (As a swede I don't really have a favorite team atm, just want to see good hockey).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Lehner will command $10million+ per yr to re-sign...
Probably a Veziba candidate and should win given the barrages he faces with the Hawks almost every tone hevtakesctge net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->