Robin Lehner Appreciation Thread

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Pretty sure reports were Lehner wanted 6.5/7M for 5 years. That would have been fair value had the cap gone up to 84M+ as predicted. It would have screwed us with the circumstances now.

I remember making lineups penciling him in for around that number before the new year.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
There’s no way a flat cap had anything to do with it, nope! Stan is clearly a noob.

The truth is Kubalik cost Lehner out of Chicago.

Meanwhile...

A pre-Covid extension costs the Hawks $7Mil per. Imagine figuring this off-season with that contract on the books.

So Lehner before covid is worth 7M but after covid and a playoff run to the conference finals is worth 5M? The logic on some of you lol

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Flat cap.
That’s ridiculous, these excuses are very lame, so the cap doesn’t jump up by 2 million for the entire team which is an average of 100k bump up per player and some are justifying that the entire 2M to be on Lehner signing alone? The logic on here is none existent. Talk about really stretching it for Stan, I am seeing more die hard Stan fans than die hard Hawks fans these days lol

Reactions: BobbyJet

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
That’s ridiculous, these excuses are very lame, so the cap doesn’t jump up by 2 million for the entire team which is an average of 100k bump up per player and some are justifying that the entire 2M to be on Lehner signing alone? The logic on here is none existent. Talk about really stretching it for Stan, I am seeing more die hard Stan fans than die hard Hawks fans these days lol

Next you’re going to tell me you don’t like the Seabrook extension or the Panarin trade.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The cap isnt going up for 3 or 4 years, that's like 7-10mil in the next 3-4 years. Everyones taking a hit, absolutely.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The cap isnt going up for 3 or 4 years, that's like 7-10mil in the next 3-4 years. Everyones taking a hit, absolutely.

3-4 years? It’s official for one year as of right now so let’s not jump the gun. But let me entertain you, even if it was 3 years which is extremely not likely, that’s 6 million as the average over the last 5 years has been 2M bump per year. We go back to the topic at hand, how is 2M out of the 6M justified for the goalie alone? It’s not and reality is that this whole thing hasn’t effected his salary all that much as some apologists for Stan the man would like us to think, Lehner would have gladly taken that 5M deal per year with the Hawks let’s get real. Also one HUGE thing, his stock went UP with his playoff performance, how can anyone just throw that away as it’s a nothing? That’s a much bigger factor as the goalie proved he can perform come the most important time of the year. That’s defiantly a much bigger factor than the cap not going up by 2-6M over 1-3 years and it’s effect on one player, again no logic on these boards...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
3-4 years? It’s official for one year as of right now so let’s not jump the gun. But let me entertain you, even if it was 3 years which is extremely not likely, that’s 6 million as the average over the last 5 years has been 2M bump per year. We go back to the topic at hand, how is 2M out of the 6M justified for the goalie alone? It’s not and reality is that this whole thing hasn’t effected his salary all that much as some apologists for Stan the man would like us to think, Lehner would have gladly taken that 5M deal per year with the Hawks let’s get real. Also one HUGE thing, his stock went UP with his playoff performance, how can anyone just throw that away as it’s a nothing? That’s a much bigger factor as the goalie proved he can perform come the most important time of the year. That’s defiantly a much bigger factor than the cap not going up by 2-6M over 1-3 years and it’s effect on tone player, again no logic on these boards...
I'd like to know how the cap is going to go up when it's highly unlikely you see full stadiums for the next 2-3 years. You honestly think GMs are going to risk that gamble?

I could give two bucks about Stan, so stop calling me an apologist, or a white knight. It's the reality of the situation.

He wasnt signing a 5mil 5 year contract before covid, and the goalie market is flooded with goalies now. That wouldnt have even been a raise for him. You will see most UFAs take less than they were offered or expected to get on Friday. If you disagree, you are just filling your narrative.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I'd like to know how the cap is going to go up when it's highly unlikely you see full stadiums for the next 2-3 years. You honestly think GMs are going to risk that gamble?
I could give two bucks about Stan, so stop calling me an apologist, or a white knight. It's the reality of the situation.

He wasnt signing a 5mil 5 year contract before covid. That wouldnt have even been a raise for him. You will see most UFAs take less than they were offered or expected to get on Friday. If you disagree, you are just filling your narrative.

Who said cap is going up, what are you talking about? I explained everything very clearly read it again. I think some are putting way too much weight on that 2M per year increase, as if somehow that’s a 2M raise per player or something.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Who said cap is going up, what are you talking about? I explained everything very clearly read it again. I think some are putting way too much weight on that 2M per year increase, as if somehow that’s a 2M raise per player or something.
You said it's unlikely it doesnt go up in the next 3 years. 2mil for 1 player is a lot of money when you dont have cap space to begin with.

I dont think you are putting enough wait on a stagnant cap for a cap strapped team.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You said it's unlikely it doesnt go up in the next 3 years. 2mil for 1 player is a lot of money when you dont have cap space to begin with.

I dont think you are putting enough wait on a stagnant cap for a cap strapped team.

You are still having a hard time understanding, I am telling you that even if the cap doesn’t go up for 3 years which is unlikely as I believe stadiums and arenas will start getting filled sometime during next season and if not season after for sure, but I did take into consideration your assumption of no increase in 3 years and I explained that even if we lose out of the 6M increase that doesn’t justify the 2 million hit he’s taking going from apparently 7M he was taking in Chicago to 5M he is taking now AFTER his playoff performance. BTW players get paid based on current cap not future cap as nothing is guaranteed in the future and no competent GM should make deals based assuming that cap is gonna expand next year.

Here is some math to help you understand assuming that we give zero advantage to Lehners success in the playoffs this year.

Assumption : Lehner gets 7M with the Hawks

Reality : Lehner gets 5M after cap gets flattened for one year

Assumption cap stays flat for 3 years and 6M is lost due to expansion

Assumption he would get paid 40% more if there was no flattened cap

Cap currently is 82M, cap would have been 88 million if continued expansion

88/82x100-100 = 7% expansion

so the cap expands by 7% over three years but somehow he was gonna get 40% more??

Reality is that his cap would expand by only 7% more so 5 million multiples by 1.07 equals 5.36 million

I just don’t understand where this 7 million dollar is coming from, it makes zero sense, anyway most people don’t understand simple math so I get it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You are still having a hard time understanding, I am telling you that even if the cap doesn’t go up for 3 years which is unlikely as I believe stadiums and arenas will start getting filled sometime during next season and if not season after for sure, but I did take into consideration your assumption of no increase in 3 years and I explained that even if we lose out of the 6M increase that doesn’t justify the 2 million hit he’s taking going from apparently 7M he was taking in Chicago to 5M he is taking now AFTER his playoff performance. BTW players get paid based on current cap not future cap as nothing is guaranteed in the future and no competent GM should make deals based assuming that cap is gonna expand next year.

Here is some math to help you understand assuming that we give zero advantage to Lehners success in the playoffs this year.

Assumption : Lehner gets 7M with the Hawks

Reality : Lehner gets 5M after cap gets flattened for one year

Assumption cap stays flat for 3 years and 6M is lost due to expansion

Assumption he would get paid 40% more if there was no flattened cap

Cap currently is 82M, cap would have been 88 million if continued expansion

88/82x100-100 = 7% expansion

so the cap expands by 7% over three years but somehow he was gonna get 40% more??

Reality is that his cap would expand by only 7% more so 5 million multiples by 1.07 equals 5.36 million

I just don’t understand where this 7 million dollar is coming from, it makes zero sense, anyway most people don’t understand simple math so I get it.
You right, you are the ONLY one who understands it, yet every single reporter, capologist is suggesting that it IS having an effect on what the players will be making moving forward. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, because every one who is on here realizes what a waste of time it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad