Confirmed with Link: Robert Hagg Signs Two Year Extension ($1.6AAV)

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
He wasn't just a random UFA signing. He's needed. Especially as long as there's uncertainty about Patrick's future.
You're right. He also did a good job signing one of our most important players in the regular season and leading playoff scorer :thumbu:

sorry not sorry @Captain Dave Poulin

No arguments from me on the importance of signing someone of Kevin Hayes' capability.

I'm just not letting his contract off the hook in a discussion where the centerpiece was Fletcher using up all the cap. Not mentioning a cool 7 million is only having a partial-conversation.

I'm providing no commentary otherwise because I'm woosah-ing now when it comes to Hextall on these boards.

giphy.gif

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Fletcher also gave away picks for Braun, Thompson and Grant and he should be tarred and feathered for that

wow, you are looking for something to complain about with fletch, you didnt have anything to complain about when hextall was here when he did the same things.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
wow, you are looking for something to complain about with fletch, you didnt have anything to complain about when hextall was here when he did the same things.

I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN!
I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN! I WILL STOP BEING A FAN!

u8Gtfuo.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Once again, it's important to point out that people are defending Fletcher in a thread made in the year 2020 titled:
Robert Hagg Signs Two Year Extension ($1.6AAV)

:laugh: What are we even doing here, guys?

It is 3 posters out of 1000, how can you let them get you so riled up ?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fletcher also gave away picks for Braun, Thompson and Grant and he should be tarred and feathered for that

Braun was solid this year overall and we recouped the 2nd at the draft.

Grompson alone though is almost enough for the guillotine.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Horrible at some things yup ( don't see many that disagree ), horrible at everything ( Don't see many other than 3 or 4 that agree) ?

Draft was good
RFA deals are good

I guess you disagree.

Nope, you didn't read what I actually wrote.

Saying someone is horrible doesn't automatically mean they're horrible at every single thing. It just means they're horrible overall, which is true.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Horrible at some things yup ( don't see many that disagree ), horrible at everything ( Don't see many other than 3 or 4 that agree) ?

Draft was good
RFA deals are good

I guess you disagree.

I think you meant to respond to me - I am the one who is saying he is shit garbage at almost everything. And if you are talking about RFA deals, that includes Hogg. So uncheck that on your list.

EDIT: He's a total bottom. Almost forgot.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
That's only because they had a revolving door of rookies when they needed someone thanks to injuries. The quantity of names was because they didn't pick the right person from the start (NAK, Frost, and Farabee, should have been roster locks since game 1).

If we're giving AV credit for that, we'd also have to give Hakstol credit for using rookies by listing NAK, Patrick, Konecny, Goulbourne, Vorobyev, Martel, Lindblom, Leier, and maybe others I'm forgetting (?) when he was here.
Personally, I'm not going to give Hak credit, same as I'm not giving AV credit.

And as I said in the last post , I did give AV credit for the system improvement. That was his positive contribution. But as I also said, it didn't last and it also didn't make up for the inexcusable mistakes. Everything else that went well this year is thanks to the players winning in spite of the mistakes. Really, I think the biggest difference between this year team and the previous two years was Hart's quality of goaltending and obviously AV had nothing to do with that.
Yeah - I mean, I'm not on the AV train by any means - not the hill I'm going to die on. But, I think he's a better coach than Hak. To me, it was pretty clear Hak was not an NHL coach. My view on AV has soured quite a bit since the playoffs, but I'd still take him over Hak at this point.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah - I mean, I'm not on the AV train by any means - not the hill I'm going to die on. But, I think he's a better coach than Hak. To me, it was pretty clear Hak was not an NHL coach. My view on AV has soured quite a bit since the playoffs, but I'd still take him over Hak at this point.

I would too. I think they are exactly equally terrible as coaches, but I can't look at Original Hak's face anymore. If they invent Smell-O-Vision and we have to experience the reek of French Hak, then I'll change my tune.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm not riled up at all. I'm amazed and confused. :laugh:

And it's way more than 3 posters who are turd polishing. The majority of you have been doing it since the end of the previous season.

Your bold post was about Hagg signing in the Haag thread, most fans hate the deal and the player, yet hear you are questioning it ??

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Agree completely, if you think AV isn't better than Hak, its more gimmick then opinion.

AV was pure trash in the playoffs, but Honk was pure trash 24/7

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I know you're not one of the AV superfans. I understand what you're saying.

And sure, we can just agree to disagree. I guess I just put more/less weight on different evaluation points? I don't know. All I'm saying is that, based on how I criticized Hakstol, if I'm consistent then I personally have to give AV an even worse performance grade.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah, I know you're not one of the AV superfans. I understand what you're saying.

And sure, we can just agree to disagree. I guess I just put more/less weight on different evaluation points? I don't know. All I'm saying is that, based on how I criticized Hakstol, if I'm consistent then I personally have to give AV an even worse performance grade.
There's no doubt - AV was shit this playoffs. He was bad, like real bad.

But during the season, the team was playing well. The players understood the system. He seems like a bro, a bit. A guy that the players will like for the first 2-3 years, but his schtick will wear thin after that.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
But Benny, if he is pure trash in the playoffs, what's the f***ing difference? :laugh:

Hak was pure trash in every season. I just can't comprehend how people have forgotten how bad Hak was and still currently is in TO.

I was on the Hak Hate train from the get go tho, so maybe I am not a fair jury on him.

I wanted to like him cause he was different, but he became my most hated Flyer of all time

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Yes no doubt. I mean Braun had no positive effect on the defense. He didnt allow Myers to start in the AHL then come up more prepared instead of being thrown to the wolves. Intangibles just don't exist in todays stat heavy world. Those young guys got nothing out of having Braun on the team. Those picks they traded are huge. Huge. I mean the defense was so good the prior year

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Your bold post was about Hagg signing in the Haag thread, most fans hate the deal and the player, yet hear you are questioning it ??
Nope. That's not what happened. My post was about people defending Fletcher's overall work, not the specific Hagg signing.

I was joking about how people are saying he isn't an idiot inside a thread that further proves he's an idiot.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Yes no doubt. I mean Braun had no positive effect on the defense. He didnt allow Myers ot start in the AHL then come up more prepared instead of being thrown to the wolves. Intangibles just don't exist in todays stat heavy world. Those young guys got nothing out of having Braun on the team. Those picks they traded are huge. Huge.
Would you rather have Braun for last year, or the next 5 years with Nick Robertson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad