Robert Hagg Re-signs with the Flyers (report: 2 years at $1.15 million cap hit per season)

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
He’s coming off major knee surgery, barely has played in a year, & only has 3 NHL games’ experience as it is.

Yeah, just “throw him in there” in must-win NHL games.

So because we are barely in a playoff hunt, we shoudn't be playing Morin? That's a poor excuse all because you want us to make the playoffs and likely just lose in he first round anyways.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So because we are barely in a playoff hunt, we shoudn't be playing Morin? That's a poor excuse all because you want us to make the playoffs and likely just lose in he first round anyways.
Yes, they shouldn’t throw Morin in a must win NHL lineup off major knee surgery, a missed season, & 3 games of NHL experience. Not fair to the team, not fair to Morin. Once they’re officially eliminated, he’ll get his chance.

Many on this board are overly fascinated with the mystery box.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Yes, they shouldn’t throw Morin in a must win NHL lineup off major knee surgery, a missed season, & 3 games of NHL experience. Not fair to the team, not fair to Morin. Once they’re officially eliminated, he’ll get his chance.

It’s not an over fascination though. Our d next year without any changes is provorov, ghost, sanheim, Myers, gudas, hagg, Macdonald and morin. Unless we know what we have in morin, that six spot is a concern. It’s somethinf that needs an answer and I think it makes sense to get a good look at it this season when the pressure is off.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
It’s not an over fascination though. Our d next year without any changes is provorov, ghost, sanheim, Myers, gudas, hagg, Macdonald and morin. Unless we know what we have in morin, that six spot is a concern. It’s somethinf that needs an answer and I think it makes sense to get a good look at it this season when the pressure is off.
Oh, I think Morin should get a look, but not until they’re officially eliminated.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

So then is it fair that a player of Hagg's caliber is getting regular minutes in must win games? He shows time and time again how bad he actually is. He constantly blows defensive assignments leading to quality chances and goals against. Not to mention his "blindly fire the puck around the boards when he has time to actually look and make a better play" has gotten old

I bet if they put Morin in for Hagg, we could do no worse because from what Appleyard previously posted, it really can't get any worse than Hagg right now

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I love it. Hagg makes a rare NHL quality play and we're supposed to lay off of him and ignore the fact that he just might be the worst regular defenseman in the entire league.

Ghost does **** like this (breaks up a zone entry with his stick, sends it the other way, jumps up on the rush, and snipes a goal) and the same people shout "Trade him!" Ridiculous.

a67fbd816db203a55d2f986387d5bd66.png

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Oh, I think Morin should get a look, but not until they’re officially eliminated.
We’ve only got nineteen games to go. If we are hanging around I mean that could be six or seven games left in the season. Hagg has been an absolute negative so at the absolute worst, putting him in on a rotation with hagg or running seven d would be beneficial in this context.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So then is it fair that a player of Hagg's caliber is getting regular minutes in must win games? He shows time and time again how bad he actually is. He constantly blows defensive assignments leading to quality chances and goals against. Not to mention his "blindly fire the puck around the boards when he has time to actually look and make a better play" has gotten old

I bet if they put Morin in for Hagg, we could do no worse because from what Appleyard previously posted, it really can't get any worse than Hagg right now
I have no idea what to expect from Morin & neither do you. His upside is limited & he has a very high chance of struggling. So, yes, I’d play Hagg over him who is in game shape & familiar with the team’s system until they are officially eliminated. But I’d play AMac over both.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have no idea what to expect from Morin & neither do you. His upside is limited & he has a very high chance of struggling. So, yes, I’d play Hagg over him who is in game shape & familiar with the team’s system until they are officially eliminated. But I’d play AMac over both.

Hagg has a guaranteed 100% chance of struggling.

I'll take the guy who has a very high chance of struggling over the guy who will definitely struggle.

They're not making the playoffs and this dream that they could is hurting the future of the team.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

But that's the thing...we know exactly what we are getting with Hagg: a sub-par defenseman who hurts this team more than helps them. Hagg has already reached his limited upside and he constantly struggles every night

I probably would play MacDonald over him as well, but that's like choosing to smell dog shit or cow shit

the excuse of being in the playoff hunt is a bad one for not playing Morin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hagg has a guaranteed 100% chance of struggling.

I'll take the guy who has a very high chance of struggling over the guy who will definitely struggle.

They're not making the playoffs and this dream that they could is hurting the future of the team.
Easy to say when your job isn’t on the line & you at least want your lowest-minute defenseman to be familiar with your system.

And again, I prefer AMac to both until they’re eliminated.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
We can't play Morin because he might struggle. He could be so bad he could be the worst defenseman in the league. We already have that role covered, and AMac provides quality depth and competition for the job.

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Hagg is not a good NHL defenseman. It says a lot about Hagg when people want to play AMAC over him. It will not hurt in the slightest to put Morinin there in a sheltered role and keeping his minutes down. What exactly is the issue. Hagg and AMAC are terrible. Sliding Morin in should be a non issue.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
We can't play Morin because he might struggle. He could be so bad he could be the worst defenseman in the league. We already have that role covered, and AMac providing quality depth and competition for that job.
Have you ever coached a sport? If you’re in a must win game, & you have a choice of a bad player who knows your system & a bad player who has never played on your team at that level before, you’re going with the one who has been playing your system & isn’t jumping into a new level of play.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Have you ever coached a sport? If you’re in a must win game, & you have a choice of a bad player who knows your system & a bad player who has never played on your team at that level before, you’re going with the one who has been playing your system & isn’t jumping into a new level of play.

He's been in Gordon's system for years. He's played hockey all his life. He's been skating and playing games and smacking down some fools too. He's been practicing with the team as well.

Reactions: Starat327

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Playing a known bad player is not good coaching in the slightest. Hagg, we already know is bad, but because you think Morin is going to be bad as well, we shouldn't play him? ok.........

Also, Morin knows Gordon's system

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Easy to say when your job isn’t on the line & you at least want your lowest-minute defenseman to be familiar with your system.

And again, I prefer AMac to both until they’re eliminated.

If an employee of mine cares more about his own well being than that of the company's I don't want him working for me. But hey, that's just me.

Also, i'm fairly certain Morin knows Gordon's "system."

Again, we know that MacDonald will 100% struggle just as we do with Hagg. We're only at a "very high chance" of struggling with Morin so i'll take that option.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
He's been in Gordon's system for years. He's played hockey all his life. He's been skating and playing games and smacking down some fools too. He's been practicing with the team as well.
He’s barely played in a year. He’s played 3 NHL games in his life. A coach isn’t going to experiment with the season on the line. Just the way it is.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Playing a known bad player is not good coaching in the slightest. Hagg, we already know is bad, but because you think Morin is going to be bad as well, we shouldn't play him? ok.........

Also, Morin knows Gordon's system

Its amazing how short sighted people can be. That, or just purposely being obtuse. Either way, its pathetic.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He’s barely played in a year. He’s played 3 NHL games in his life. A coach isn’t going to experiment with the season on the line. Just the way it is.

These things will always be true until they're not. So why don't we just keep him on the sidelines forever.

If Morin is on the roster and isn't being used, then send him down and bring up Schlemko or Friedman.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
These things will always be true until they're not. So why don't we just keep him on the sidelines forever.

If Morin is on the roster and isn't being used, then send him down and bring up Schlemko or Friedman.
He’d have to go through waivers. Just wait a bit. He’ll get his chance. But with the season on the line, & a job on the line, you don’t want surprises out of your #6 D.

That reminds me of one of my favorite lines from MadMen: Don’s young wife is telling Peggy about her grand plans for a surprise birthday party for Don, & Peggy, with trepidation, replies, “Men don’t like surprises.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad