Value of: Ristolainen to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
He's not a bad player, Buffalo has been a Dumpster fire since before he was drafted
Yes, and a part of the reason for that is they consider Ristolainen a part of their core group, and have played him like a #1D for years.

In a specialized, sheltered role he could be a positive contributor perhaps, but Toronto doesn't have any need or space for a player like that on their blueline.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
had interest.

We can’t assume anything post covid.
The leafs were expecting an 84 cap with room to grow. Not an 81.5 flat cap.

I’m not too against it myself. I don’t pretend to have watched him closely when they play to isolate him from the dumpster fire sabres D

I like the size and snarl.

but I don’t see why we need a PP d man.
With. Rielly /muzz/sandin/Lilly/dermott

We need a demelo/brodin/Larson/savard/demers/tanev style in my mind.
Risto plays the hardest minutes on the Sabres, and would be the perfect partner for Reilly. If the Leafs are getting out of cap hell, there’s a Marner for Risto trade that saves huge cap space, and keeps the team’s competitive depth.
On the surface it’s not a fair trade, but cap space has huge value now, especially to capped teams who are in compete now mode.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Risto plays the hardest minutes on the Sabres, and would be the perfect partner for Reilly. If the Leafs are getting out of cap hell, there’s a Marner for Risto trade that saves huge cap space, and keeps the team’s competitive depth.
On the surface it’s not a fair trade, but cap space has huge value now, especially to capped teams who are in compete now mode.

It's time to be realistic

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Agreed. Teams can no longer rely on the cap going up. They are going to have to spread out their cap dollars, so they can be competitive.

No I mean YOU need to be realistic, I don't care if the cap is 81.5 million for the next 100 years there is NO situation where Marner for Risto happens because there is NO situation where Risto is worth Marner it does not exist in this or any other possible galaxy

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No I mean YOU need to be realistic, I don't care if the cap is 81.5 million for the next 100 years there is NO situation where Marner for Risto happens because there is NO situation where Risto is worth Marner it does not exist in this or any other possible galaxy
Oh, I clearly misunderstood. I guess we shall see in this fall’s very shortened off season how teams (like the Leafs) manage their cap issues. IMO we are going to see some coming trades that, on the surface, look unfair, but (when considering cap) make sense, because the cap space is a valuable piece.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Oh, I clearly misunderstood. I guess we shall see in this fall’s very shortened off season how teams (like the Leafs) manage their cap issues. IMO we are going to see some coming trades that, on the surface, look unfair, but (when considering cap) make sense, because the cap space is a valuable piece.

The same way all teams do it, switch out the depth with younger cheaper talent exam, should Nick Robertson prove he's ready maybe Zach Hyman or Johnsson are traded.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You do know it's been confirmed the Leafs have interest right?
Yes I am aware..and are you aware its dumb deals like this that keep the leafs from taking the next step....I think dubas wishes up and passes like I said.. TJ brodie anyone ?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Pierre LeBrun mentioning a rumour on the radio, in Feb is confirmation that Leafs are interested? Surely Leafs call many teams, about many players. A conversation such as... would you trade Johnsson for Risto 50% withheld.... Buffalo hangs up phone, end of story. People really make far too much of these rumours. You don't pick up a player because they have term, over a player that would fit. That's just dumb.

so did ReoBrownie hear that from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend that Dubas been callin around:naughty:

Reactions: Luckylarry

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
As of last week Marner is owed an average of 7m per for 5 seasons of work. If the Leafs make him available into cash strapped league there would be no shortage of suitors willing to ante up.

Reactions: qqaz

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
had interest.

We can’t assume anything post covid.
The leafs were expecting an 84 cap with room to grow. Not an 81.5 flat cap.

I’m not too against it myself. I don’t pretend to have watched him closely when they play to isolate him from the dumpster fire sabres D

I like the size and snarl.

but I don’t see why we need a PP d man.
With. Rielly /muzz/sandin/Lilly/dermott

We need a demelo/brodin/Larson/savard/demers/tanev style in my mind.

I wouldn’t consider Sandin, Liljegren or Dermott as PP people. If Dubas did too, he wouldn’t have acquired Barrie. Because it sure as hell wasn’t acquired for his other 18 minute D game.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

A team thats in compete mode doesnt trade a 90+ point guy in his early 20s

Reactions: therealkoho

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
A team thats in compete mode doesnt trade a 90+ point guy in his early 20s
Sometimes we post an idea we think is really good, and learn (over time) it’s not so good. I thought the concept of an unfair deal to save cap room, in this Covid cap era, was a good one. I’m learning.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sometimes we post an idea we think is really good, and learn (over time) it’s not so good. I thought the concept of an unfair deal to save cap room, in this Covid cap era, was a good one. I’m learning.

The concept in itsself is a good one and probably will happen but local kid, and super star is not the one

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn’t consider Sandin, Liljegren or Dermott as PP people. If Dubas did too, he wouldn’t have acquired Barrie. Because it sure as hell wasn’t acquired for his other 18 minute D game.

Sandin could be, the others are not.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes I am aware..and are you aware its dumb deals like this that keep the leafs from taking the next step....I think dubas wishes up and passes like I said.. TJ brodie anyone ?

Dubas didn't pass on TJ Brodie, Kadri blocked a trade to Calgary

Reactions: qqaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad