2 homers & a double

Verdugo almost reaches the third deck

what a swing this kid has

Verdugo as crazy as sounds might be the closest thing I’ve seen to Betts

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Off topic but saw Casas tweets from earlier. How far away is he?
Triston Casas has a plan at the plate, and it’s getting attention in Pawtucket - The Boston Globe

The balance now for Casas, who is 6-foot-4, 238 pounds, centers around controlled aggression, which in a lot of cases is not an easy approach to master. Before getting to two strikes, Casas certainly tries to do damage, but he never wants to get outside of hitting the ball to all fields. Once he gets to two strikes, it becomes about protecting the strike zone, but also making sure he grinds out the at-bat. He wants the opposing pitcher to feel him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So.... Bobby Dingers? Jesus.

also, Romero coming into the game. Pretty sure this dude just slugged a beer and crushed the can before coming out. What a look.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bobby Bombs, the boy who only hits bombs. Unreal oppo power, up there with the best of them

also good for Grullon to knock in a run against a team that waived him a week ago

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Mookie looking like an MVP again this season, and potential gold glove. So many good young players, like Tatis Jr, Acuna Jr. etc, might be hard.

Nice job Bloom/Kennedy and the rest of the clown show.

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With Mookie instead of Verdugo we would probably have one more win than we have right now.

I miss him as much as anybody but he’s not moving the needle on this team

Sidenote Bloom is the last person I would blame for this. Considering the amount of leverage he had I think he got an A+ return now that it looks like Verdugo is a stud. Not his fault he inherited a circus with a broken pitching staff. Excited to see how he chooses to spend money now that he has access to it

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Dalbec’s power is absurd
I like this kid, gives us something to follow now.
I can't wait for Casas to get here too. He might be a year or two away?
I can see Dalbec taking over at 3B once Casas arrives, move Devers to DH.
I hope we call up Houck and Duran at some point this year too.

Reactions: CDJ

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Only 3 OF playing better overall than Verdugo (by WAR) are Mookie, Yaz, and Luis Robert
All we need is Downs to make it as an everyday player hit .260 15hr / 65 RBI and give us good dee at 2B and this trade will work out fine for us.
I love Verdugo and he has a great contract, will allow us to get some much needed pitching next year and grab another OF.
I like the way JBJ is playing too. I would keep him as long as he plays for a discount for us. I think its time to move on from JDM next year.

Reactions: CDJ

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Keith Law did a Q&A on The Athletic with Red Sox beat writer Jen McCaffrey regarding the minor league system. I won't quote, because pay wall, but I'll summarize.

+ He likes Jeter Downs as their #1 prospect ahead of Casas. Says if there was a normal minor league season, he's probably be in the majors right now.

+ Says Jay Groome looks "all the way back" from TJ surgery.

+ Likes Jarren Duran as an "above average regular" if the adjustments in his swing allows him to generate more power.

- He doesn't really rate any of their prospect acquisitions. Seabold is the best of the bunch.

- He didn't like their draft.

- Views Bryan Mata and Tanner Houck as relievers only.

- Doesn't like any of their catchers. Says Wong is more of a utility guy who can catch. Grullon has raw power and a huge throwing arm, but can't catch and has a poor approach at the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad