Red Sox/MLB RIP Tom Seaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Watching Cards vs Cubs- I can't remember the last time a batter didn't wear batting gloves but Miller of the Cards is a rare hitter that doesn't :amazed:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How long do you stick with Dalbec? One of your better prospects, he’s hitting .111 and aside from the homer run in his first at bat, doesn’t look all that ready. Is this good for him or a confidence killer?

he’s allowed to struggle a bit due to the team being awful but he can’t struggle THIS badly for too much longer

I guess Casas has looked incredible down in Sim City. He wouldn’t be the guy to come up, but still. That’s encouraging seeing as how it’s a lot of AAA talent and he hadn’t had more than 7 AB at the high A level

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kickham has a nasty slider but he’s erratic with a lot of his stuff and seems to throw 85-87 MPH fastballs. Kind of weird for a big guy to throw so soft. He definitely has a flow though.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
25 years ago today, Ripken broke Gehrig's streak. Can't believe it's been that long ago now.

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Guess all he needed was me asking how long he can struggle for haha

does he remind you of Middlebrooks at all or just a better hitter?

He’s got a little more raw power and a better overall plate approach but there are definitely comparisons to be made. There is always gonna be a lot of swing and miss with him- that’s becoming more acceptable as time goes on it would appear. They have very similar athletic profiles and defensive abilities

I’m thinking if he’s given a full time role he could conceivably do .220 with 40 bombs and a bunch of walks. That’s where him and Middlebrooks really differ- Dalbec has shown a better approach in the minors than WMB ever did. He could very well fizzle out like Middlebrooks did tho. He’s far from a sure thing

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He’s got a little more raw power and a better overall plate approach but there are definitely comparisons to be made. There is always gonna be a lot of swing and miss with him- that’s becoming more acceptable as time goes on it would appear. They have very similar athletic profiles and defensive abilities

I’m thinking if he’s given a full time role he could conceivably do .220 with 40 bombs and a bunch of walks. That’s where him and Middlebrooks really differ- Dalbec has shown a better approach in the minors than WMB ever did. He could very well fizzle out like Middlebrooks did tho. He’s far from a sure thing

Roger that, thanks. Is he a guy who even in a rebuild you’d look to move? Maybe if it goes the way the Yankees rebuilt where they acquired all these assets and then turned around and dealt them for stud MLB ready guys?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Also sucks that Munoz got hurt and hope it’s not serious. He was looking good for the Sox.

I did not see the play so if it was some gruesome season ending injury, disregard.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Roger that, thanks. Is he a guy who even in a rebuild you’d look to move? Maybe if it goes the way the Yankees rebuilt where they acquired all these assets and then turned around and dealt them for stud MLB ready guys?

he definitely shouldn’t be untouchable, but he’s an interesting guy to have. He hits the ball so damn hard when he makes contact, if we can somehow get his contact rate up he has Pete Alonso power/exit velocity. That’s just a hard thing to fix

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

I think the thing that really killed Middlebrooks was him breaking his wrist. He was hitting .288 at the time of the injury. I think it killed his swing.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad