RIP NHL on NBC/NBSN

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Never forget the great runs of NHL Hockey on OLN and Versus :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I did appreciate NBC covering the game on a major network at a time when the league was coming off of the 04-05 lockout. It wasn't perfect (like when the conference finals was interupted for Horse racing) but it was better than nothing at all, especially when streaming wasn't a thing.

So thanks for the 16 year run NBC and here's to (hopefully) successful coverage going back to ESPN and a new home on TNT :cheers:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Most of the on air personnel are good at they do...it's the production/decisions that drag it down. I really hope Tappen finds a spot with someone (maybe she has and I'm living under a rock?).

Reactions: robertocarlos

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Sadly, the scoreboard graphics they used for the playoffs this year were the best they had. Remember the horrible OLN banner?

Jun 30, 2006
Hopefully we have commentators and broadcasters with a personality. NBC had the most boring takes and production, it nearly put me to sleep.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I didn't expect them to treat the Cup presentation festivities like a wake for the company. Kind of a crappy vibe for Cup night.

I've never been much of a fan of their production decisions, and I'm very much looking forward to the league's new homes at ESPN and TNT. Give me a good nightly panel show or two and I will be happy. I wish fewer of the NBC on-air talent was coming over, frankly.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Super excited to see all the games on ESPN+, figured out I already have it with my Disney+ and Hulu bundle. So I’ll get to watch a bunch of games next year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
OLN/VS/NBC wasn't bad the first several years or so. but the personalities they hired over time just got more and more stale as time went on

a chance was much needed and i'm looking forward to ESPN/Turner, especially with the solid lineup of names they've put together

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Some people would be happier if no network carried hockey and we went back to the good ol days of checking the scores on the back page of their local newspaper. Seems like we have an overflow of production crew and on-air talent on hfboards that always knows how to do everything better and always knows NBC/OLN/ESPN is shit.

I'm looking forward to continue watching hockey without having to worry about if the commentators are to my gusto...

1st world problems I suppose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad