Confirmed with Link: RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I have a question that may have been answered already, what happens to these guys with the ridiculous contract lengths (Kovy, Ovi, etc.) and the new CBA? Are their contracts going to be shortened to the 7/8 yr max limit or do they have to negotiate new contracts? Or, are these guys "grandfathered" in? I've never understood how this is gonna work.

All contracts prior to the signing of the newest CBA are grandfathered in. The term length will not change.

*However, the actual CBA has not been completed/viewed yet. During negotiations, the NHL wanted back-diving contracts to count against the signing team's cap if the player retired, even if traded. Doubt such a clause makes the final document, but we can't rule anything out until we hear confirmation. *

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jim Dolan is giving the NHL the middle finger. Many of other teams are not following the rules either.

Teams are not allowed to use player images on their website until the CBA is ratified. Those who do could face fines.

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/288680543334305792

The Rangers site is full of player images. Player interviews. Everything was removed during the lockout which isn't technically over yet. Jim Cerny interviews with all of the players are on Blueshirts United with the links on the Rangers site.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Jim Dolan is giving the NHL the middle finger. Many of other teams are not following the rules either.

The Rangers site is full of player images. Player interviews. Everything was removed during the lockout which isn't technically over yet. Jim Cerny interviews with all of the players are on Blueshirts United with the links on the Rangers site.

I thought it seemed a little strange that everything looked like it was back to normal on the NYR site. Good on Dolan and the other owners. The fans have waited long enough. Let Gary fine Dolan his million dollars.

I have a question though...is that considered HRR? :sarcasm:

Calgary, Chicago, CBJ, Dallas, Detroit, Oilers, Wild, Nashville, Coyotes (how is that possible?), STL,, VAN, Bruins, Sabres, Canes, Piles, Sens, Flyers, Pens, TBL, TOR, Caps.

Teams that have players and player interviews on their site...so most of them. It really does look the the Rangers have the most.

Last edited:

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
I am so curios as to what happend with the owners? Jacobs and co had been so deeply involved in the negotiations and then randomly poof gone.

Did bettman actually put his foot down? Did he give the hardliners a dose of reality? What preciptated the Random proposal two weeks ago?

I know we love to kill him but he might have saved the season and the result will be his job.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
I am so curios as to what happend with the owners? Jacobs and co had been so deeply involved in the negotiations and then randomly poof gone.

Did bettman actually put his foot down? Did he give the hardliners a dose of reality? What preciptated the Random proposal two weeks ago?

I know we love to kill him but he might have saved the season and the result will be his job.

woa now, lets not get ahead of ourselves here...

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
After waiting all these months, these next ten days are going to be torturous. :(

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
All contracts prior to the signing of the newest CBA are grandfathered in. The term length will not change.

*However, the actual CBA has not been completed/viewed yet. During negotiations, the NHL wanted back-diving contracts to count against the signing team's cap if the player retired, even if traded. Doubt such a clause makes the final document, but we can't rule anything out until we hear confirmation. *

Cool man, thanks. I kind of figured that was the case since they didn't make a big deal about it.

NickyMaz

Dec 19, 2011
Omaha, NE
if not an O6 match-up against the Bruins I'd say a repeat of the ECF (NYR vs NJD) or NYR vs PHI (NBC Loves that match-up, but I think they're going to do a 'Battle of PA' game for opening night). I just can't see the opening game for the most profitable US franchise being against the Islanders.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jimmy is asking for trouble:)

Rangers’ owner James Dolan stopped in the locker room quickly to shake the hands of a couple players. After a couple of words with them, he moved on.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rang...7RpKSs6jaP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Rangers

The NHL left it up to each team if they wanted the players to use the entire facility before the CBA was ratified. Some teams allowed their players to lease ice at the training facility/practice rink but they couldn't use the rest of the facility or have any contact with the team. The use of locker room area and training room access was left up to the teams after a tentative CBA was struck on Sunday. It wasn't much of a question with the Rangers:sarcasm:

Torts is not allowed to speak with the players. His office is down the hall but he can't speak to the players until the lockout is officially lifted on Saturday. I find it hard to believe Torts has not spoken with Callahan and Richards. Training camp is only 6 days. The Rangers players are using this week to get their legs back. Torts has not given out instructions?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
to be fair, there are probably a lot of posters like myself, who tend to read much more than post.

Oh I get it, and no criticism was intended! I just chuckled because this place has been dead for months, and then within 24 hours of the announcement that the lockout was over, it was back to normal. It's a good thing. :)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yep, and the team Twitter feed has been posting images from the "player-organized" scrimmages. Dolan sucks but I do appreciate him telling the NHL to pound sand on some of this stuff. :laugh:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad